When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Submariner Snowflake

Ueno

Hello ladies and gens,,, Here is probably one of my favorite watch. I just put a nato strap on it which I think looks pretty cool.

Anyhow I think I will be parting with this babe, I was wondering if you guys could probably help on how much I could ask for it.

everything is gen except for the dial/hands and case back. 

I would really appreciate any input.

I also hope the pictures are ok.

Cheers all..

DSCN3347_zps4bbb4dd7.jpg

DSCN3348_zps8a03b575.jpg

DSCN3349_zps54029dba.jpg

DSCN3350_zps37d00c4d.jpg

DSCN3351_zpsd7cc9c0a.jpg

DSCN3352_zpsc44ba7bf.jpg

DSCN3353_zps6c4cea33.jpg

DSCN3354_zpscf6475af.jpg

DSCN3360_zpsc799a3f3.jpg

DSCN3368_zpsf3adad99.jpg

DSCN3369_zps81cb5d5e.jpg

Well I reckon approx $ 20 for such an abysmal looking piece, oh and that includes shipping to my address and pp fees   :partytime:  It's funny I was just looking at this piece on RG !

Really nice looking mate, you'll regret it if you sell it   ;)   

Hello ladies and gens,,, Here is probably one of my favorite watch. I just put a nato strap on it which I think looks pretty cool.

Anyhow I think I will be parting with this babe, I was wondering if you guys could probably help on how much I could ask for it.

everything is gen except for the dial/hands and case back. 

I would really appreciate any input.

I also hope the pictures are ok.

Cheers all..

DSCN3368_zpsf3adad99.jpg

Nicely done! 

I'm interested in hearing what some of the experts here have to say about it, if someone wants to take a shot at assigning a value.

My personal feelings are that rep everything... perhaps even with a rep ETA... plus *Gen* Dial and handset would have much greater value than Gen everything + a Yuki dial and handset...

If you want to sell, it's pretty hard to give you a value unless you have a build sheet with all the prices. Actually, if you do have the information, you can come up with a figure yourself. Tally up what yo spent and then see how close that is to what you think it's worth. If you have parts and labor of 1K, then try it out on  the sales forum at 1K, if it sits there with no activity, you may reduce the price a bit and see.

Rep prices for frankens are pretty strange birds. Sometimes a popular watch will come up for sale at what i would consider a high price, and it sells in a few hours, others which to me are more competitively priced will hang around for weeks, sometimes never get sold. Another thing, when you deal with frankens, the higher the price, the smaller the buyer pool. A 200.00 USD rep will sell, because it's in the range of Impulse buys.When you get up over 500 or sso, folks start to really think,"is this what I really want or can afford?" When you get up into the 1k plus range, the buying pool really starts to get small. So don't be surprised if you get a lot of "tire kickers" but not too much real interest. If you ask too much at the onset, it will never sell. Remember the gen black snowflake is not a terribly expensive watch. while it has gotten pricier in the past few years, a good one can still be had for around 3K or less, especially without a bracelet. If you ask 1500 USD, a fair number of folks will say, for another 1000, I can buy a gen. And finally, GLWS

Ok I'll have a stab at this one...............$ 1300-1700  

Without seeing the condition of the Gen bracelet (varying by 2-300) it would be worth more the better it is obviously :inverted:  the main thing is, and a wise man has already said this, that the piece is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, further if we are to abide by our M2M sales rules fully, it should be worth (sold) for the sum of the parts and labour that it cost to build it...........more or less   :)  Alternatively keep it and enjoy it instead !      

Overall your build looks very good. Tudor Sub frankens are always difficult to price and sell due to the fact that as Panerai said, super frankens sell for little under what a genuine article sells for.

And despite your beliefs, you can easily find black 9411's without bracelets for the $2200-$2500 range if not a bit less. Blue 9411's typically sit in the $2500-$3000 range.

As for a value, call me a pessimist, but I see this as an attempt to circumvent the rules of the forum in regards to being a paying member to be able to post a sales thread on RWG. Therefore I will not give you a value above what you have in it for parts which is typically what you can get for a Tudor Snowflake Franken build.

• 4 weeks later...