When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Crown meets Big Moose

Nanuq

Man what i wouldnt do to be able to be out in the woods like that and able to see wildlife like that. Nanuq you intrested in swapping homes for a week or so? lol

M-

You don't have to go to Alaska for wildlife.....there's a few places in the lower 48 that you could see them up close and personal......Colorado, Wyoming, Montana.....to name a few!

F-

Great photos my friend, we too have bears, and moose here in Finland, more so just North of Kuopio where we are, not that far from the Arctic Circle.

What happened after you took the photo of the moose?

Ah it was no big deal. He's about a 3-year bull (see the antlers starting to grow back in) and he was on my trail eating willow tips. I talked to him for awhile and moved closer and he wasn't real agitated, so I kept moving closer until he put his head down and ears back. I snapped a quick photo then just backed away from him down the trail. No biggie. He had lots of room to escape sideways so he didn't feel real threatened. If there were thicker trees on that trail I couldn't have got so close.