When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Free Watch Competition! - Design Me A Logo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez! They just keep getting better! True.. most aren't logos at all but nice to look at. PT should pick the top 20 designers and we should all start an international logo design biz? A good logo cost about $500+. Big corps pay thousands $$$ for a logo redo.

You know, I usually don't participate in contests like this because I feel that the client always ends up the winner. He gets the input and hard work of many designers and only pays one. But, I like PT, as I like all the dealers, and people here. I've done work for a couple of members "free of charge", as I like to contribute to our community. Its also fun to create art for a subject that I am passionate about.

I just want to say that every single submission that I have seen shows great promise. With a little tweaking, PT could use any of them. Congratulations on a job well done guys!

jeez! They just keep getting better! True.. most aren't logos at all but nice to look at. PT should pick the top 20 designers and we should all start an international logo design biz? A good logo cost about $500+. Big corps pay thousands $$$ for a logo redo.

Amen, brother. This has been really fun -- very interesting to see how people's creative juices flow. I was actually looking at the other designs and there are quite a few that would be awesome to mix-n-match.

PT -- hope you aren't overwhelmed with the options to choose from!

Cheers!

A good logo cost about $500+. Big corps pay thousands $$$ for a logo redo.

That's because they have to replace the old one, eg. throw out all the old stationary, business cards etc and get new ones in with the new logo... like British Airways repainting their planes with a new logo.

Wish I could join in but I think there are some damn good ones already...!

I hope the winner gets a swiss 775x movement chrono :1a:

Edited by Chronus

That's because they have to replace the old one, eg. throw out all the old stationary, business cards etc and get new ones in with the new logo... like British Airways repainting their planes with a new logo.

Wish I could join in but I think there are some damn good ones already...!

I hope the winner gets a swiss 775x movement chrono :1a:

You should not underestimate the creative side either. In my advertising agency we charge around $250/h per person and it takes time to come up with something good, and there are often big work groups. Then, as you say, you have to change everything from pens and envelopes to signs and stripe cars, planes and so on. The worst thing is when some really big companies change their logo at an enormous cost and the new logo sucks big time. Just that happened here in Sweden some time ago when a bank changed their logo from a classy, trustworthy logo to a logo that looks dated back to 1998 and definately won´t be "right" in the near future.

Although this is likely the greatest logo in the history of mankind, I must exclude it from the competition. PT invited me over for an "exclusive" photo session, an "unfair edge" in my honest opinion.

Behold the beauty that is PT!

158207-13132.png

II give up, that´s the ultimate logo! I would buy all my watches from him.

is it just me, or does anyone else, every time they read this thread title, they think of the song Cry me a River

Design me a logo. . design me a logo, i designed a logo for youuuuu

:g: to me seemed listen to the song "Fairy Tale" from Ritual of ShaAman (ex Shaman)

:g: to me seemed listen to the song "Fairy Tale" from Ritual of ShaAman (ex Shaman)

And there was me thinking it would be this by Van Morrison:

Precious Time

Precious time is slipping away

But you're only king for a day

It doesn't matter to which God you pray

It doesn't matter what route you take

Sooner or later the hearts going to break

No rhyme or reason, no master plan

No Nirvana, no promised land

Because, precious time is slipping away

You know you're only king for a day

Say que sera, whatever will be

But then I keep on searching for immortality

She's so beautiful but she's going to die some day

Everything in life just passes away

But, precious time is slipping away

You know she's only queen for a day

Well this world is cruel with its twists and its turns

But the fire's still in me and the passion it burns

I love her madly 'til the day I die

'Til hell freezes over and the rivers run dry

You know she's only queen for a day

It doesn't matter to which God you pray because

It doesn't matter to which God you pray because

JTB ;)

I don't possess any of those fancy programs (some of) you guys have....so I took a while with Paint. I realize your site is very elegant and may not have room for this.....but hey, like my dad says "I don't care about your grades, just honestly do your best"....so I did.

158757-12856.jpg

I was unable to load my paint image onto imageshack due to the lack of internet speed here.....so I took a picture of the design and cropped it as accurately possible to make it look good.....pardon the weird effects.

All the best,

Dutchy

I don't possess any of those fancy programs (some of) you guys have....so I took a while with Paint. I realize your site is very elegant and may not have room for this.....but hey, like my dad says "I don't care about your grades, just honestly do your best"....so I did.158780-12853.jpgI was unable to load my paint image onto imageshack due to the lack of internet speed here.....so I took a picture of the design and cropped it as accurately possible to make it look good.....pardon the weird effects.All the best,Dutchy
Every has put in a lot of effort here. It is greatly appreciated. Its hard to pick a winner, as all designs are good.