When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum upgrades - new sections and other suggestions

Admin

Guest leon@stella's

www.trc.v2.com

;)

That would be cool, if you ask old members (Like me, new/old but lost) but members like eddielee, watchmaster (kenzo), palpatine, repaustria (Oliver, the secret modder) ect ect.

Edited by leon@stella's

A new name? Well frankly that's a tough one. I can see the confusion with that other RWG... But this RWG is thee real deal Mothership from the Old Days. Perhaps a new name is indeed warranted but hopefully it will be a historically relevant name. Not sure how this would take shape but a proper ode or tip of the hat to our roots is crucial in maintaining the empirical provenance we have forged thru time.

I agree!

layout should be the same! 

hmm new name? u sure? there is a brand built up here. the new name should have references to replica, watches and guide/forum on some level.

RRWG: "theRealRWG -not that fake one-"

joke aside.. this feels like "new coke". but i know i never like changes anyways..

• Like 1

Well first off to echo earlier post RWI, RG both are a cluster F**ks to navigate the other RWG like this one is easy on the eyes (literally :wheelchair: ) and quite easy to navigate so I am hopeful that does not change to much. Extra sections why not a Tudor and /or Hublot etc section/s, being responsive to member interest keeps a site alive. :partytime:  The scammer section I think is problematic for a host of reasons foremost being irresponsible posting of an innocent person. :bangin:

Sales thread well we are a little weak there IMHO. I took care of two trades posted with out prices this week no problem traders/sellers good guys took care of it after I prompted them.

My take on sales thread is keep it as it stands now just police aggressively, only supporting members can sell all members can see and buy, post count will not work : I have five post I PM you have the money :partytime: most guys gonna say no :nono: against the rules , I don't think so. :nonono: (seller beware!)

I am hopeful that the changes will be for the better and TRC sounds fine.

Bringing TRC back to life is an intriguing concept.  Not sure if it is entirely the right solution though seeing as TRC is reputedly known as an online archive resource library.

Perhaps something similar but still wholly unique like TNRC aka "The New Replica Collective"?

Thinking about the upgrades, what exactly are the problems or shortcomings with the current forum software?

And the same question but regarding the layout and operation?

I haven't noticed any bugs / problems with the forum software per-se. Using it via TapaTalk works most of the time, and any problems come from TapaTalk, not the forum software.

If an upgrade of the forum software will add new features whilst not breaking or changing it as it is now that might be a good idea, depending on what those features are and if they're desirable.

I can't see any point in changing the layout, it seems nearly all users prefer it to the other, more cluttered, places.

Maybe adding new features?

Off the top of my head what about adding a wiki section where we can add content such as movement details (name, models, known problems, known tips and workarounds, service guides, photo library, photo service guides), watch manufacturer history and details, watch ranges, gen ranges with details and images, reps of gens, inc reviews and photos and teardowns if available, etc, etc.

There's so much information in here and out there that if it can be gathered together, properly organised and put into a wiki it would be a fabulous resource for everyone.

Of course if it was me organising the back end I'd make damned sure external links were only able to link to the front landing page, and web spiders were disabled from crawling the wiki to stop any other forums from nicking it.

Also what about going through the posts that already exist in the forums and re-arranging them? I think if we concentrated on gathering reviews together and also on gathering service / repair hints, tips and guides together that would also be useful.

I know there are some existing areas that overlap with these one's I've suggested, but as with everything things get posted to the wrong forum (general, or newcomers or reviews in TDs feedback rather than manufacturer forums, etc, etc) and it could be "tidied up" as it were to make it more useful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...