When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another one of dutchguy2 magic jobs...Franken 1665

docthor

After a quite thrilling shipping Odyssey my 1665 purchased from devilseam arrived at dutchguy2s place and once again he did his magic on one of my watches.
I'm always impressed of his work and will ever be I guess ;)

The starting point was a quite nice frankened (Gen inlay, gen crown) 1665 but with (at least for me) some unacceptable flaws...there wasn't any lume on the dial and the DW was way to much ooc...
After dutchguy2 received the 1665 he mentioned that the lug holes need some love...something I didn't notice but he's the expert of the two of us so I wouldn't mind ;)
To finish the already nice look of the 1665 I decided to change the crystal with a gen one...nothing can beat a gen crystal ;)

The specs are now:

MBW 1665
MBW dial
MBW hands
dutchguy2 lume
Gen T39 crystal
Gen Luminova bezel insert
Gen 703 Crown
Yuki tube
TC springbars
Rep 93250 with polished flanks
Gen spec drilled lug holes

Nuff said...Pix :D

img_02131equ0.jpg
img_02145ard9.jpg
img_0222asrpy.jpg
img_0224pkrlp.jpg
img_02264wrmi.jpg
img_0231wwri4.jpg
img_02324cq7j.jpg
img_0234vrrd4.jpg
img_0235ihq19.jpg
img_0237a0rzi.jpg
img_0239jqqlo.jpg
img_0243ycq4d.jpg
img_023004o21.jpg
img_0246bgr70.jpg

btw...on its way back to me the watch, once again, was sitting for more then 48hours in the PO without any sign of life... :frusty:

Since I don't dive due to medical reasons I don't have any need for a working HE valve.

This one isn't drilled through so the watch is watertight at least for showering and swimming...that's all I need :)

Nice looking watch!

You don't mention which motor you have under the hood.

Also, the bracelet may be marked 93250, but it's more of a 93150 w/ the detachable end pieces. Correct bracelet is a 93150 w/ 585 ends (or 580s in some cases).

You could take the shine off of the sides with a light sanding/brushing.

Nice piece mate, very sharp    :inverted:   alligoat is correct re the bracelet though, mine has 580 end links not the 585 and they fit spot on (from  WSO) as I couldn't find any gen at the right money  ;)

correct...it's a 93150...just a typo :|

I for myself like the polished flanks. The modern SD 16600 has a 93160A with polished flanks...why not something similar with a 1665 ;)

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Nice looking watch! You don't mention which motor you have under the hood. ...
To be honest...all I know is that it is powered by a gen ETA. But I don't know which caliber :? Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Beautiful build, now all you need to do is slip in a slow beat 2846 movement in and you are all set. :)

My 1665 say hello.

I'm thinking of going Superfranken :)...a 1570 isn't that expensive (if one buys a 1601 and sells the left over parts). But I have to make sure that a 1570 can be implanted without or with just a little modification on the case.

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread, but I have a 1570 in mine. I believe that there are some problems using certain of the 1570's not sure what the problem is, but mine was stated to fit a 1680 or1665, so mine went in without a hitch.

Why don't you post a new thread asking about transplanting a 1570/1575 into a rep case, which movement do you need, etc.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice that this is your thread. possibly others will chime in and give you better info about which ones will fit and which ones need a lot of modding. My case is and older MBW, and the gen movement slips in without any problems.

Another thing you will need to do is find a dial that is made for a gen movement. The Rolex dials have the date window in a little different location than the dials made for ETA's, and you surely want to be able to use a gen silver open 6,9 DW.