When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Give me some feedback :-) My Rollie 1665

997 s

Hi

Bought this from a member last year.

Just wondering, Is this i good build? How close is it to gen? I love it it but I am not a pro...

Feedback please :pimp:

Specs:

MBW case set

- Gen tropic 39

- Gen bezel insert

- Gen 703 crown Clarks tube

- Gen ETA slow beat movement with silver flat 3 datewheel

- Ingod DRSD dial

- Classicwatchparts Tudor hands

- Rep bracelet

post-38920-0-74179500-1373523527_thumb.j

post-38920-0-83054800-1373523555_thumb.j

post-38920-0-95345800-1373523570_thumb.j

Very nice, but the crystal is too tall ... or the bezel is not thick enough. It would look better with a service t-19 installed, to get away from the "top hat" t-127 look.

T19 Service crystal would be awesome   :notworthy: it'd give it a real clean look too ! Cost between 60-120 and come up now & again on the sales boards  :)

I'm far from an expert but looks bloody good mate Congrats ! btw what end links you got on it ?

T19 Service crystal would be awesome   :notworthy: it'd give it a real clean look too ! Cost between 60-120 and come up now & again on the sales boards  :)

I'm far from an expert but looks bloody good mate Congrats ! btw what end links you got on it ?

501 endlinks

How about the dial??

Is this one a Mark ???

P

Nice list of parts! Looks good.

Some 580 or 585 end links might look better on the bracelet and you could trim the insides of the crown guards- straighten them up a little.

For the dial- you can go to Vintage Rolex Forum and look at their dials and see which dial yours is closest to.

Here's an all-gen 1665 with a service t-39.  It's got a bit of a dome on top and the sidewalls appear  lower.  It might be that your bezel is too thin, and lets the crystal protrude further.  It's hard to tell from the photos.

post-32-0-43777500-1373559611_thumb.jpg

Very nice. But, are we splitting hairs when we mention a movement as a "gen" eta? To me "gen" should only refer to truly genuine parts for the watch? In this case Rolex gen parts. Correct? I'm kind of a noob so, this is more of a question than a statement.

Very nice. But, are we splitting hairs when we mention a movement as a "gen" eta? To me "gen" should only refer to truly genuine parts for the watch? In this case Rolex gen parts. Correct? I'm kind of a noob so, this is more of a question than a statement.

No not correct. Since Chinese clones of the Swiss ETA movements are everywhere, then Gen ETA is a real thing .. not bogus at all.

It looks very nice, I would try to find a set of 585 endlinks as they are the ones used on most 1665's. I also agree that the crystal is set too high. I have a  T-39 on mine and it isn't set that high.

Here is mine

Side view of Crystal quick and dirty IPhone photo. 

post-327-0-27221000-1373587901_thumb.jpg

No not correct. Since Chinese clones of the Swiss ETA movements are everywhere, then Gen ETA is a real thing .. not bogus at all.

No, you misunderstand. I understand it is a Swiss ETA. But in this world of reps, it seams to me that to make the distinction of a "Swiss" ETA is far more accurate than saying "gen". To me, a part in a watch is only "gen" when it comes from Rolex.

It looks very nice, I would try to find a set of 585 endlinks as they are the ones used on most 1665's. I also agree that the crystal is set too high. I have a  T-39 on mine and it isn't set that high.

Here is mine

Side view of Crystal quick and dirty IPhone photo. 

attachicon.gif1665 side view crystal 7-11-2013.jpg

Yours looks like a T-39 Superdome. The "wall" on a T-39 service dome is a little higher than the "wall" on a T-39 Superdome :)

http://www.vintagehour.com/de/rolex-tropic-crystals-ii-a-comparison-between-t19-and-t39-references/

Yours looks like a T-39 Superdome. The "wall" on a T-39 service dome is a little higher than the "wall" on a T-39 Superdome :)

http://www.vintagehour.com/de/rolex-tropic-crystals-ii-a-comparison-between-t19-and-t39-references/

Doesnt look like a superdome,  here's my mbw with superdome -

d3ed7318-85e3-4b5a-bee1-0dd22173eb02_zps

And here's the same watch with a service dome -

8d9e5d26-9cde-41ce-b997-49d4d87dafd6_zps

mine is a superdome. I don't particularly care for the high side walls of the service dome. I bump into enough stuff as it is, that high crystal would not do well with me!!!