When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

@ finn - Mate I do sympathise with you but I have to say that the 2 pieces Mike has sent back to me are working great to date, Mike's communications skills however leave a lot to be desired, still heard nothing back as of today.

I'm going to contact Mods re posting the email exchange between MD and myself so everyone can see exactly what has been said and when, that way other members can have some insight into my dilemma at least.

@ L8terz Hey if you feel like a nice drive, pop into Mikes and collect my stuff for me, will save me the airfare  ;)

Hi folks. Just checking back in because I got one of MD2020's failed repairs back from the local watchmaker. This was a brand new watch keeping nearly perfect time that I sent to Mike in early March 2013 for a cleaning. I got it back in late August running over a minute fast. He told me he wasn't sure what had happened so I gave him a few more months to figure it out. Finally I asked for it back in August as it became obvious that Mike had taken in more work than he could handle and was blowing off dozens of clients.. So last week I took it to my local watchmaker to see if I could salvage the watch. He said it was probably lubricated incorrectly. A week later, I got back a watch keeping nearly perfect time. For some reason, Mike was not even able to clean this watch correctly.

There is no good excuse for this. I fear there is much more troubling Mike than just "family matters". When excuses don't make sense, they're usually not true. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd get my watches back ASAP before Mike disappears.

Finally, Mike please return my $320. You did not earn any of it at this point. It will cost me more to repair your repairs--even a cleaning by you required a repair.  There is no justification to keep my money. How can you treat people this way? In any event Mike, no matter what you choose to do, I wish you well and I hope you get your life in order.

finn, on 27 Sept 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

It is kind of hard to say I burned my bridges with Mike--although the bridge seems to have been burned for sure. But I think Mike did the burning--which is convenient for him since he still has my $320--a nice trick. As an indicator of my complete frustration in dealing with Mike over a 6 month period, I told him he could keep the money if he would just send my watches back in one piece even if they were not repaired--which he did not (and sent one back with a totally new problem). But why would I rely on a moderator to resolve this and bother them with this? They have no authority to compel Mike to do anything. My choices are sue him (which I am not going to do), forget it or continue to rely on Mike eventually seeing that he has behaved immaturely and unprofessionally here and see that he has to refund at least part of my money. I want Mike to do the right thing for his and my sake. No one is doing Mike any favors by trying to cushion him in this matter. He will hopefully learn a valuable lesson and avoid this kind of stress in the future. He knows he is wrong here. He is just so angry at me right now. So I will continue to ask him to forgive me and call me so we can resolve this. At some point, I'll just give up. So Mike, if you are reading this, if you continue to avoid me I will just give up--but that doesn't mean you should allow this to happen. I am sorry in advance that this bothers so many people.

Finn, you threatened Mike, harassed him at his home, he did just as you instructed, and you now want more.

11 posts? In my opinion, you are full of it. I don't believe a word you posted.  I think you are lying and have been lying all along. I think a few here are just piling on, and being unreasonable. But I think you are worse. I'd strongly recommend that neither Mike, nor the mods/Admin, have anything at all to do with you. 

Hi folks. Just checking back in because I got one of MD2020's failed repairs back from the local watchmaker. This was a brand new watch keeping nearly perfect time that I sent to Mike in early March 2013 for a cleaning. I got it back in late August running over a minute fast. He told me he wasn't sure what had happened so I gave him a few more months to figure it out. Finally I asked for it back in August as it became obvious that Mike had taken in more work than he could handle and was blowing off dozens of clients.. So last week I took it to my local watchmaker to see if I could salvage the watch. He said it was probably lubricated incorrectly. A week later, I got back a watch keeping nearly perfect time. For some reason, Mike was not even able to clean this watch correctly.

There is no good excuse for this. I fear there is much more troubling Mike than just "family matters". When excuses don't make sense, they're usually not true. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd get my watches back ASAP before Mike disappears.

Finally, Mike please return my $320. You did not earn any of it at this point. It will cost me more to repair your repairs--even a cleaning by you required a repair.  There is no justification to keep my money. How can you treat people this way? In any event Mike, no matter what you choose to do, I wish you well and I hope you get your life in order.

How do u still have only 11 posts?

Ok guys Mike has emailed me today to say my stuff is on the way to Jmb to have one finished off, they were sent a few days ago  :) Will update when I can with any further details ....

Need to get this thread back on track I agree whoever  :)

Mods, how about closing this down and open one up where only members involved with md2020 can post. ..?

this is getting a real pain to read. ...

No offense but I don't think the mods are going to shut down a thread  because it annoys you. This is of interest not only to the people directly involved but also to the many members that were, or are, thinking about using his services in the future.

• Like 1

She cannea take any more capn.....

If only i could locknon and beam back the watch!!! Sure will resolve positively and we'll all live long and prosper...

You can only dream... but in the meantime

post-25577-0-00773100-1381066047_thumb.g

No offense but I don't think the mods are going to shut down a thread because it annoys you. This is of interest not only to the people directly involved but also to the many members that were, or are, thinking about using his services in the future.

that's why i said let's open another thread open to read....

no offense taken though

i just reacted to people saying "I'm more of a man as you..." etc "i have a longer @@@"....

Pointless. .. thats all I'm saying. ...

Ok guys Mike has emailed me today to say my stuff is on the way to Jmb to have one finished off, they were sent a few days ago :) Will update when I can with any further details ....

Need to get this thread back on track I agree whoever :)

Good news sgtguk. I need my watch sent back asap but I haven't heard back from mike yet. Come on Mike. You gotta come thru on this.

nanug, Man you nailed this one. absolutely true. It's just amazing what some folks will say when they are secure with the idea that no one will ever come knocking on their door and drag them out into their front yard and beat the living piss out of them. About 99% of the remarks and "tough guy" stances on the anonymous internet would never happen in face to face conversations.  

I have to agree with kbh, it serves a purpose to keep this thread open, even though on two occasions, I have advocated closing it. I do believe though that most of the inflammatory remarks have come from folks here who don't have a "skin in the game". Certainly fine to read the comments, and form your own opinion about Mike, but when you come on here and throw gas on and already roaring fire, nothing is solved.

I'd like some advice. I have hesitated to leave negative feedback for Mike under his RWG profile. This is his way of making money and that's not something to mess with without good reasons. But it is also important that this site serve one of its main purposes--to provide accurate information. So I wonder if it is unfair to others if I don't leave some negative feedback. Anyone considering doing business with Mike deserves to know this stuff first (as well as all the positive things people have said in the past). If anything, I think I would just leave this thread's web address as the comment for the feedback so they can decide for themselves. Does anyone think this would be unfair to Mike?  

I'd like some advice. I have hesitated to leave negative feedback for Mike under his RWG profile. This is his way of making money and that's not something to mess with without good reasons. But it is also important that this site serve one of its main purposes--to provide accurate information. So I wonder if it is unfair to others if I don't leave some negative feedback. Anyone considering doing business with Mike deserves to know this stuff first (as well as all the positive things people have said in the past). If anything, I think I would just leave this thread's web address as the comment for the feedback so they can decide for themselves. Does anyone think this would be unfair to Mike?

This thread has lots of conjecture, unproven accusations, potentially misleading information and noise, it's going to be useless as feedback.

What's wrong with just leaving a purely factual, unbiased, date ordered list of what happened?

If its just the facts, ALL the facts (otherwise its misleading by leaving out what may be crucial info to some), and no personal opinion no one can say anything and its helpful.

Of course doing that would mean including things like the phone call, what was said in it, also your request for the return of the watches and the fact you initially didn't want the $350 back, and then wanted some of it back, and then wanted all of it back (for reasons you obviously felt warranted that - I'm not taking sides or commenting on that at all IYSWIM)

Just think what would be the most useful to someone else.

• Like 1

Sure, here's some advice. Stop lying. 

Finn, you threatened Mike, harassed him in PMs. emails, on the phone and at his home. He has done  just as you instructed, and you now want more. 

12 posts? In my opinion, you are full of it. I don't believe a word you posted. I think you are lying and have been lying all along. I think your feedback would be nothing more than fabricated B.S., and therefore, not of any worth to the forum.