When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Tell him to hurry, we've already got an inch of rain this morning (it's 8AM) and winds are 70-100mph.  How's the waterproofing?

The dogs ain't liking this much.

I was just checking back after a couple of weeks and was surprised to see this thread was up to 20 pages. I was also surprised to see that Mike's supporters are still requesting it to be closed.

I continue to reach out to Mike occasionally so we can resolve our dispute. He still refuses to contact me. I paid him upfront and, after a temper tantrum,  he sent me back three watches almost 6 months later in various states of disrepair including one completely disassembled in a bag. I feel I deserve at least some of my $320 back (enough to repair his repairs), but he still refuses to even respond.  So I don't think it is fair to say Mike has resolved things. While I physically have three watches in my possession--2 were rendered inoperative by Mike and are useless and one is at least wearable but still requires repair.

Mike, if you read this please contact me--preferably by phone. I'll treat you with respect. If you are unable to bring yourself to do this or if you can't do it without losing your temper, just make a payment on PayPal. I wish you well Mike, but we have to resolve this.  

• Like 1

By the way, is there anyone that can repair my watches? I'm actually a very easy customer. I pay upfront and am willing to wait patiently for up to six months before becoming even a little difficult. Seriously though, I'd like to fix these watches so if anyone can recommend someone I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Tell him to hurry, we've already got an inch of rain this morning (it's 8AM) and winds are 70-100mph. How's the waterproofing?

The dogs ain't liking this much.

That sounds like one of our afternoon thunder showers here in the tropical south!!!

By the way, is there anyone that can repair my watches? I'm actually a very easy customer. I pay upfront and am willing to wait patiently for up to six months before becoming even a little difficult. Seriously though, I'd like to fix these watches so if anyone can recommend someone I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I have used Vac, PBdad and Rex450 (over on RG) on various projects with success. All are US based.

I was just checking back after a couple of weeks and was surprised to see this thread was up to 20 pages. I was also surprised to see that Mike's supporters are still requesting it to be closed.

I continue to reach out to Mike occasionally so we can resolve our dispute. He still refuses to contact me. I paid him upfront and, after a temper tantrum,  he sent me back three watches almost 6 months later in various states of disrepair including one completely disassembled in a bag. I feel I deserve at least some of my $320 back (enough to repair his repairs), but he still refuses to even respond.  So I don't think it is fair to say Mike has resolved things. While I physically have three watches in my possession--2 were rendered inoperative by Mike and are useless and one is at least wearable but still requires repair.

Mike, if you read this please contact me--preferably by phone. I'll treat you with respect. If you are unable to bring yourself to do this or if you can't do it without losing your temper, just make a payment on PayPal. I wish you well Mike, but we have to resolve this.  

Isn't this you? Didn't you post this over a month ago? 

I'm sorry you feel this way Mike. I should add that I didn't threaten legal action until last week after you failed to communicate with me for over a week after I nicely asked you to send my watches back unrepaired and said you could keep my money too. 

Initially, about 2 months ago I mentioned that my sister is a lawyer in Chicago because you didn't seem to understand the law of bailments and how it applies to you. You NEED to know this Mike if you are a watchmaker. I offered to get you information on this so you believed me because you seemed to think you were not responsible--and my sister is naturally the person I would have called for questions on Illinois law. I told you I was a lawyer also so you would believe me. As I told you, I quit many years ago and became a Registered Nurse because I didn't like conflict--

Finn you totally burned your bridges with this guy. He banned you so whatever problems u have with him your gonna have to go through a mod.

Guys I think some are missing the point of the list. This is for guys who are waiting since issues started with communication and need to resolve these matters. If all is well with you and Mike in regard to work being performed no point in keeping a tally of every watch sent to him for the forseeable future. :pimp:

It is kind of hard to say I burned my bridges with Mike--although the bridge seems to have been burned for sure. But I think Mike did the burning--which is convenient for him since he still has my $320--a nice trick. As an indicator of my complete frustration in dealing with Mike over a 6 month period, I told him he could keep the money if he would just send my watches back in one piece even if they were not repaired--which he did not (and sent one back with a totally new problem). But why would I rely on a moderator to resolve this and bother them with this? They have no authority to compel Mike to do anything. My choices are sue him (which I am not going to do), forget it or continue to rely on Mike eventually seeing that he has behaved immaturely and unprofessionally here and see that he has to refund at least part of my money. I want Mike to do the right thing for his and my sake. No one is doing Mike any favors by trying to cushion him in this matter. He will hopefully learn a valuable lesson and avoid this kind of stress in the future. He knows he is wrong here. He is just so angry at me right now. So I will continue to ask him to forgive me and call me so we can resolve this. At some point, I'll just give up. So Mike, if you are reading this, if you continue to avoid me I will just give up--but that doesn't mean you should allow this to happen.  I am sorry in advance that this bothers so many people. 

It is kind of hard to say I burned my bridges with Mike--although the bridge seems to have been burned for sure. But I think Mike did the burning--which is convenient for him since he still has my $320--a nice trick. As an indicator of my complete frustration in dealing with Mike over a 6 month period, I told him he could keep the money if he would just send my watches back in one piece even if they were not repaired--which he did not (and sent one back with a totally new problem). But why would I rely on a moderator to resolve this and bother them with this? They have no authority to compel Mike to do anything. My choices are sue him (which I am not going to do), forget it or continue to rely on Mike eventually seeing that he has behaved immaturely and unprofessionally here and see that he has to refund at least part of my money. I want Mike to do the right thing for his and my sake. No one is doing Mike any favors by trying to cushion him in this matter. He will hopefully learn a valuable lesson and avoid this kind of stress in the future. He knows he is wrong here. He is just so angry at me right now. So I will continue to ask him to forgive me and call me so we can resolve this. At some point, I'll just give up. So Mike, if you are reading this, if you continue to avoid me I will just give up--but that doesn't mean you should allow this to happen. I am sorry in advance that this bothers so many people. [/quote

I don't believe that you are helping your situation by continuing to post these passive aggressive posts. I say that partially because that's how your posts read to me, as well as you resurrecting and old dead post, by a guy who scammed some of the members here, and then not only repeating what you posted here, but linking to this thread as well. You certainly burned your bridges with Mike, and frankly, I can't blame him. When folks start talking about lawyers, suits, it does tend to set off the alarm bells! I'm not sure how much the mods can help you, or are willing to help, but I would certainly explore that avenue, as it looks to be the only way you are going to get this settled.

It is kind of hard to say I burned my bridges with Mike--although the bridge seems to have been burned for sure. But I think Mike did the burning--which is convenient for him since he still has my $320--a nice trick. As an indicator of my complete frustration in dealing with Mike over a 6 month period, I told him he could keep the money if he would just send my watches back in one piece even if they were not repaired--which he did not (and sent one back with a totally new problem). But why would I rely on a moderator to resolve this and bother them with this? They have no authority to compel Mike to do anything. My choices are sue him (which I am not going to do), forget it or continue to rely on Mike eventually seeing that he has behaved immaturely and unprofessionally here and see that he has to refund at least part of my money. I want Mike to do the right thing for his and my sake. No one is doing Mike any favors by trying to cushion him in this matter. He will hopefully learn a valuable lesson and avoid this kind of stress in the future. He knows he is wrong here. He is just so angry at me right now. So I will continue to ask him to forgive me and call me so we can resolve this. At some point, I'll just give up. So Mike, if you are reading this, if you continue to avoid me I will just give up--but that doesn't mean you should allow this to happen.  I am sorry in advance that this bothers so many people. 

It's not hard to say at all. You threatened Mike, harassed him at his home, he did as you instructed, and you now want more.

In my opinion, you are full of it. I don't believe a word you posted.