When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Thousands of years ago, the only reason mankind survived is that they remembered bad things.

Tiger bites toe off. Owww! Tiger is bad! To survive, must remember tiger is bad!

Apple is nice. Meh. Apple is no danger, forget apple, remember poisonous things.

And round the fire next week, the tiger was 12 feet tall and swallowed a man whole. And what's an Apple?

We're still exactly the same now, right here, in this thread. Just sayin'! :)

Thousand of years? thats surely an underestimate, Apple = Fall of man....to spot that a Tiger is bad is very very easy but to spot the bad apple is something evolution has had some problems with

fall.gif

Picture is not that accurate in picturing the situation actually...

• Like 2

Ok. We'll bad news.

I THOUGHT my watch was fixed.

The keyless works is broken again now. And the rotor makes a horrible noise when spinning.

So mike didn't really fix anything. And it's cost me $61.00

Ok. We'll bad news.

I THOUGHT my watch was fixed.

The keyless works is broken again now. And the rotor makes a horrible noise when spinning.

So mike didn't really fix anything. And it's cost me $61.00

What a joke.

I do not mean any disrespect when I say at least its ONLY $61...  I can only imagine what other members have invested in this con.  

We'll he is emailing me and has offered to fix it.

I still think he's a good guy and he's just trying to get it all done.

I'm frustrated like everyone else. But he IS trying to find me a solution.

That's all I can ask for.

I haven't chimed in for a reason; I'm new to the forum and wanted to see how it's members really are. I'm truly surprised.

If I were a watch-smith, I would make a blacklist with the majority of the names of those who participated in the thread. I wouldn't take your money. None of it. I would refuse your work without regard.

If I were MD2020, I would continue my course of action by rectifying the matter with detailed communication and work AT MY PACE until all work is completed. If you wanted your watch back, you would get it untouched in its original condition. Just make sure you pay for insurance. You know how snail mail can be.

Gentleman, keep in mind your pretentious, self-imposed "privileged" diatribe is over a replica watch. It reveals far more about yourself than you realize, in a very negative way.

He has said enough; his situation is known so deal with it how you choose. If you're dealing with MD2020, then deal with him until your specific matter is handled. Your decision to do future business with him is your call. Sadly, I'm curious who has a legitimate complaint and who's hiding behind their keyboard riding the band wagon.

Any further discussion SHOULD be beneath you. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gentleman, keep in mind your pretentious, self-imposed "privileged" diatribe is over a replica watch. It reveals far more about yourself than you realize, in a very negative way.

586.gif

I haven't chimed in for a reason; I'm new to the forum and wanted to see how it's members really are. I'm truly surprised.

If I were a watch-smith, I would make a blacklist with the majority of the names of those who participated in the thread. I wouldn't take your money. None of it. I would refuse your work without regard.

If I were MD2020, I would continue my course of action by rectifying the matter with detailed communication and work AT MY PACE until all work is completed. If you wanted your watch back, you would get it untouched in its original condition. Just make sure you pay for insurance. You know how snail mail can be.

He has said enough; his situation is known so deal with it how you choose. If you're dealing with MD2020, then deal with him until your specific matter is handled. Your decision to do future business with him is your call. Sadly, I'm curious who has a legitimate complaint and who's hiding behind their keyboard riding the band wagon.

Any further discussion SHOULD be beneath you. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for the third least awesome post in this thread. As a "pretentious, privileged diatribe", I've found this most thread most interesting. How much $$ did you have involved?

Zero? Thought so!

I don't have to worry about MD blacklisting me cause I'd just as soon throw my watch away. Maybe him and RBJ should get together and give each other lessons on watch smithing.

And the people without specific info on each of Mike's cases continue to contribute where its totally unnecessary.

The question is simple... Do you have a watch or money with Mike and has he communicated with you recently? Anyone who has property and/or money with Mike are quite rightly entitled to ask this question, especially after a change in his behaviour that had strayed beyond the bounds of what most could call "reasonable", even given the circumstances.

Since July 18, I have gotten ONE PM from Mike... And he received my watch on June 4th in perfect working condition AND has been paid to service the movement. Just in case you haven't checked, today's date is September 15. THAT'S ONE PM IN TWO MONTHS!.

He is supposed to be sourcing a pinion that broke after he serviced the Movt, but since Sept 7 I have been trying to get him to send the watch back as is.

HE HAS NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED MY REQUEST! This is a man who has had my watch and my money for over 3 months.

Reasonable behavior? I think not.

I haven't chimed in for a reason; I'm new to the forum and wanted to see how it's members really are. I'm truly surprised. If I were a watch-smith, I would make a blacklist with the majority of the names of those who participated in the thread. I wouldn't take your money. None of it. I would refuse your work without regard. If I were MD2020, I would continue my course of action by rectifying the matter with detailed communication and work AT MY PACE until all work is completed. If you wanted your watch back, you would get it untouched in its original condition. Just make sure you pay for insurance. You know how snail mail can be. Gentleman, keep in mind your pretentious, self-imposed "privileged" diatribe is over a replica watch. It reveals far more about yourself than you realize, in a very negative way. He has said enough; his situation is known so deal with it how you choose. If you're dealing with MD2020, then deal with him until your specific matter is handled. Your decision to do future business with him is your call. Sadly, I'm curious who has a legitimate complaint and who's hiding behind their keyboard riding the band wagon. Any further discussion SHOULD be beneath you. ;-)Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Like you, I've seen this post from the start, but am surprised by your response. A bit haughty, eh?

While there are certainly some here that may be a bit hyper-reactive, the simple reality is MD2020 choked. And still is. It doesn't take a business degree to see the utter failure of the CARDINAL RULE of business here, customer service. Regardless of reason, business is business, and to stay in business and be successful, THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS COMES FIRST. Sure, life rears its ugly head, but the rule still applies. The two things that would rectify this situation are simple, communication and a complete return of each watch in either commissioned work completion, or as received. In as quick a manner humanly possible. There is absolutely NOTHING worse than a bunch of excuses laid out to justify a failure. As my dad once told me, and it is an axiom I practice to this day, under promise and over deliver. This is not even close to the case here...

• Like 1

From my own experience in dealing wih modders/watchsmiths...I have never compared them or had expectations from them that I would expect from business' in the real world (so to speak)..

I have had many many watches modded/worked on over the years and have used near on every watchguy on the forums.... their service and terms of service all varies and the length of time I have waited has too..I think the longest was 9 months...

I accept that time as part of the rep game and certainly the modding game... and in that instance it was due to sourcing a part... but it is not unusual to be waiting 3,4,5 months for a watch mod job of say lume, service and AR.. I would say 3 months is a minimum in most cases including shipping etc and not allowing for personal issues and holidays etc that the watchguy is having..

I have never considered those times to be excessive .... but the one thing I always expected and always got was a regular update...

Now again I dont always expect a personal update...sometimes modders/watchsmith will post an update on their section or in the general discussion.... and simply it says ...that things/work has slipped..for what ever reason... and orders will be delayed... if I see that then I switch off for a month..

That is and always has been enough for me in the game that is....

I would also accept it in this case ..regardless of some of the comments here... and that, IMHO is the only part of this saga that I would ask from any modder...

I really feel for Mike... he has proved himself to be a good member around here and was only trying to offer an option to us guys...OK maybe he took on more than he should and/or didnt realise just how quickly doing work like this can impact on your normal life and in your original timings.. I have seen it so many times before...

I can also understand how he reacts to some of the comments and tone in thsi thread... we can all react on the offensive when we feel we are under attack and sometimes the need to remove how you personally feel is hard to remove from these situations and in your reaction...

I also understand how over whelming this sitaution can be and how threads or rather commments within threads like this can only add to that sensation and emotional turmoil...

I am sure Mike will comethrough for every one and I think that the help he is getting from other guys to try and get things back on track can only help...

But I would suggest that we allow some time/space and maybe have a central point for updates so that there is a chance for outstanding works to be assessed and then returned/completed etc etc...

We cant allow ourselves to add to that turmoil by building up a negative momentum....

I was reading about the tragic news of Reg the other day..... and I in no way want to comapre his situation to this...I do think some responses from guys in respect of that news does highlight ( Thier first response was to start PMing guys asking about thier orders and money) the need of us as a community to take a breath and allow some space and time for Mike to reflect and start getting things back on track.... I am sure if we let him he will...

I am sure some of you wont agree or even understand what i am trying to say.... it is just my pennys worth... from my own experience in dealing with modders... :)

• Like 3

From my own experience in dealing wih modders/watchsmiths...I have never compared them or had expectations from them that I would expect from business' in the real world (so to speak)..

I have had many many watches modded/worked on over the years and have used near on every watchguy on the forums.... their service and terms of service all varies and the length of time I have waited has too..I think the longest was 9 months...

I accept that time as part of the rep game and certainly the modding game... and in that instance it was due to sourcing a part... but it is not unusual to be waiting 3,4,5 months for a watch mod job of say lume, service and AR.. I would say 3 months is a minimum in most cases including shipping etc and not allowing for personal issues and holidays etc that the watchguy is having..

I have never considered those times to be excessive .... but the one thing I always expected and always got was a regular update...

Now again I dont always expect a personal update...sometimes modders/watchsmith will post an update on their section or in the general discussion.... and simply it says ...that things/work has slipped..for what ever reason... and orders will be delayed... if I see that then I switch off for a month..

That is and always has been enough for me in the game that is....

I would also accept it in this case ..regardless of some of the comments here... and that, IMHO is the only part of this saga that I would ask from any modder...

I really feel for Mike... he has proved himself to be a good member around here and was only trying to offer an option to us guys...OK maybe he took on more than he should and/or didnt realise just how quickly doing work like this can impact on your normal life and in your original timings.. I have seen it so many times before...

I can also understand how he reacts to some of the comments and tone in thsi thread... we can all react on the offensive when we feel we are under attack and sometimes the need to remove how you personally feel is hard to remove from these situations and in your reaction...

I also understand how over whelming this sitaution can be and how threads or rather commments within threads like this can only add to that sensation and emotional turmoil...

I am sure Mike will comethrough for every one and I think that the help he is getting from other guys to try and get things back on track can only help...

But I would suggest that we allow some time/space and maybe have a central point for updates so that there is a chance for outstanding works to be assessed and then returned/completed etc etc...

We cant allow ourselves to add to that turmoil by building up a negative momentum....

I was reading about the tragic news of Reg the other day..... and I in no way want to comapre his situation to this...I do think some responses from guys in respect of that news does highlight ( Thier first response was to start PMing guys asking about thier orders and money) the need of us as a community to take a breath and allow some space and time for Mike to reflect and start getting things back on track.... I am sure if we let him he will...

I am sure some of you wont agree

or even understand what i am trying to say.... it is just my pennys worth... from my own experience in dealing with modders... :)

Well said Pete. I too believe some of the comments in this thread have been counter productive. I don't agree with the way Mike has reacted in his responses but when measured against his issues and the human nature of people in general to attack when cornered, much of his reaction is predictable.

As I tried to say earlier in the thread, and I am significantly invested over a couple of months, time and space will get us further, and more quickly, than this continued attack mode from many of those affected.

Much of what's been said about business practices is true but beating dead horses never accomplished anything.

"Well said Pete. I too believe some of the comments in this thread have been counter productive. I don't agree with the way Mike has reacted in his responses but when measured against his issues and the human nature of people in general to attack when cornered, much of his reaction is predictable.

As I tried to say earlier in the thread, and I am significantly invested over a couple of months, time and space will get us further, and more quickly, than this continued attack mode from many of those affected.

Much of what's been said about business practices is true but beating dead horses never accomplished anything.
"

+ 1

Update on my watches guys.....

Package came in today containing 2 of the 5 pieces Mike had with him for repairs, Breitling Sosf and SoA, I was expecting a Tudor Sub in there too but both pieces are working and look great ;)

• Like 1

That all sounds very promising...I am pleased for guys...and I am glad to hear that Mike is getting himself back on track... he is a good member on here...and is missed...

I am sure we will see everyone getting matters resolved.... just need a little bit of patience and understanding :)

So lets focus on the positives... :)

That all sounds very promising...I am pleased for guys...and I am glad to hear that Mike is getting himself back on track... he is a good member on here...and is missed...

I am sure we will see everyone getting matters resolved.... just need a little bit of patience and understanding :)

So lets focus on the positives... :)

tumblr_mge8lsUck41qetk25o1_250.gif?t=137

Gran you need to add an idiots guide to some of your posts mate...for me anyway.. :)

I remember many years ago while working I was called a Neanderthal..... I dropped him because I thought he was swearing at me....!! Then somone else explained what it meant..

I thought I had come long way since then.... (evolved maybe !! ;) ) but reading your posts I realise I aint moved far... :)