When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

3 of those (sosf/soa/tudor sub) pieces look like mine guys but they are on the way back to me atm so don't panic just yet I'm sure it's old pic, they were sent tracked on the 4th Sept  ;)  I'm not in a position to defend Mike but I'm sure your watches are just fine, like I have said Mike still has a couple of mine with him atm too, not worried about them he will come through I'm sure.

Two questions then IF any of those are member watches in that pic, even if they are en route back to the owners as stated.

1. Why would one post counterfeit replica watches for sale on a non-replica Internet forum, especially one as mainstream as Bacefook? Not a gen watch forum, but still questionable choice and shows probable intent to deceive.

2. Why would one post a group shot of other members' property in a for sale ad anywhere? If to just stimulate interest and queries but only one or two are actually his property in the pic that he planned to actually sell, that is a shady used car salesmanship type of tactic IMO. You know, the old "don't have that one you asked for, but boy do I have a deal for you on this one..." Again, questionable choice and shows probable intent to deceive.

Neither of these two questions come to any answer that I can think of that is above board IMO.

• Like 2

Anyone hear anything new yet or get a call from Mike?

I got a PM from some guy asking for some info because he is helping Mike get all his stuff rounded up and helping to get us all our stuff back. 

Don't know what that's about. 

Reppin, It is ok that was fraggle correct.

Yes it was. I had no problem with it. Just seemed a little weird.

But I am keeping my belief that everything will be ok. Mike told me he would send it back and I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point.

Thanks

I spoke to md on sept 3 he said my watch would be ready soon. I read his tirade yesterday and wrote to him on the two emails he put up. No answer on either one. I will give him a call tomorrow. Really didnt want to but watever. Maybe i should take some of the guys that stuck up for all this nonsense advice and stick to gens.

• Like 1

Somehow I don't think Mike will ever reply. To me at least. I've been trying to get him to acknowledge my return request for too long now. If he hasn't seen fit to respond up til now, I can't see why he would change at this point.

I just hope he decides to put my watch in the mail, whether he responds or not.

Mike, you were given a huge responsibility weather you had your own section or not, you accepted work from people here, good people using their hard earned money to enjoy a hobby. There is absolutely no reason at all that some are still in the dark. I/we would very much appreciate you getting a hold of the few people left who still haven't heard from you. Stop what you're doing, put the parts/watches in a box and ship them out please. Enough is enough, I haven't said anything for a long time but if I have to read one more post about your inexcusable actions I'm going to have an aneurism. I as others here have friends in Chicago, I'm not threatening you Mike, I'm letting you know that I will not allow you to do this. Send it all back, and send them the tracking numbers

I hope everyone remembers this when the next willing watch technician comes along. It is so easy to take on too much work, get caught up in a storm of angry emails and then burn out.

This is not the first time. This is not the last time. It happens to Dealers too.

My thinking is these forum modders that keep popping up start working on stuff that's beyond their capabilities and they slowly build up a bunch of broken watches with damaged dials, hands or other pieces. These get put to the side and instead he'll start on another watch. Everything keeps going along, with lots of people getting their stuff back and the Ponzi scheme keeps working. Sooner or later the broken pile gets too big and people start complaining about how long he's had their watches. When the sh*t starts to hit the fan, more and more of the more patient customers start freaking and putting more pressure on the modder. In the end, the broken pile gets sent back still broken, if at all, and the modder disappears.

Seen the same thing over and over on different forums.

I as others here have friends in Chicago, I'm not threatening you Mike, I'm letting you know that I will not allow you to do this. Send it all back, and send them the tracking numbers

tumblr_ml1xhiJbPZ1qbvn40o1_400.gif

Well , based on Mikes last reply I'm fed up with him. I always considered him as a friend and colleague but after this mess I'm done with him and aded him to my ignore list.

When Mike first became a member and started posting I was really enthusiastic. Watch technicians are scarce so I tried to motivate him to participate and get involved. We regularly exchanged PM's and in all honesty most of the time he was in quest for parts or wanted technical info on movements. I warned him not to take on too much work but this thread clearly portraits he walked his own path....

I personally don't think Mike has a lot of knowledge about movements.... Or at least his learning curve is still pretty steep. I remember one of his first posts in which he mentioned the tilting pinion on the a7750 being a big problem (Not! Maybe 1 in a 100).

Then some weeks ago, when this sh!t storm just started, he shot me a PM because he was having problems installing a brand new gen Rolex 3135 balance. Gave him some tips and off he went. Then some days later the owner, a member here (can't remember his name) emails me with the question if I can fix his gen Rolex 3135 as Mike messed up the balance.....

So the moral of this story, in my opinion, is that this guy knows some basic watch making but is far from a good watch technician. When problems or challenges arise he faults. His rant about it being "just reps" proofs this. It is a weak excuse from someone that just can not manage. For all those that are currently waiting for watches/ parts or were returned a non-working watch I have one advice: Leave appropriate feed back!

• Like 2

Well guys, I have to add some water to DOUSE THIS FIRE. 

I just got a txt from my wife with a picture of her holding my watch that Mike sent back to me. I will update later tonight when i get home to make sure that the problem i paid to fix is actually fixed. 

SO QUIT FREAKING OUT EVERYONE, Im sure Mike will send you your stuff back, I agree that its taking way too long. But at least we are getting stuff back. 

I hope everyone remembers this when the next willing watch technician comes along. It is so easy to take on too much work, get caught up in a storm of angry emails and then burn out.

This is not the first time. This is not the last time. It happens to Dealers too.

Exactly. Gotta appreciate those techs who would publically post (for example) a work list and wait list with customer initial for each. Maybe 12 watches in and 5 wait listed... and even a pre-wait list - (people who see they need to start packing up their watches cuz' they're soon up for bench time). Could even have a side list - with a brief word about started projects that now have extended wait times due to parts procurement. No one jumps line. No one is given unrealistic promises about return times. A general time frame would suffice barring issues. It's not rocket sceince... just organization and communication. Yes, all this take away from work time - but - in clothing retail ironing wrinkled clothes, retaging and putting things back on hangers is also a side-show... but ... a part of the job. A shortened and public list such as this might also prevent hoards of folk from losing their shirts when/if things go south. Some would get burned but not so many (and I'm not saying Mike is burning folk - it seems he is getting around to mailing items back) - but - I've been around this scene enough years to see "Saviours" become "Scumbags"...

Some modders take a $50 fee for opening a repair ticket and then tell you to hold the watch until they signal you to send it. This prevents inventory pile-up and institutes a just-in-time work schedule where the watches arrive as you are ready to work on it. The fee is applied to your bill or forfeited if you fail to ship.

It seems mike did this -

Took payment on watches

then got caught up with whatever and took two months before shipment

This prevented any recourse via paypal or any other route. Paypal claims are really ther very last resort !!!!!

I got my watch back, thankfully. But not in the shape I expected.

Its a shame due the fact that The Zigmeister is unavailable to me and Rolexman is in EU and now very booked.