When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020 Who is dealing with him, I'm worried now!

sgtguk

Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm currently trying to resolve an issue with Mike too.

I'm starting to worry about who I am dealing with now, I purchased some Breitling parts from Mike on 15th August, he messaged me the next day saying he would get them out ASAP.

I messaged him again on 2nd September as hadn't heard or received and he replied saying that there had been a delay and he hadn't actually sent them for one reason or another but promised to the them out Tuesday this week.

I got a message from him Tuesday morning questioning whether I had actually sent payment as there was an issue with PayPal showing his payments. I said that I had (put my forum ID as the message) and he confirmed and asked for my postage address.

I have messaged Mike a couple of times since but have not received a response.

I have requested a refund in the parts now as it was required for part of a birthday present but they will not arrive in time now, I feel that I am being reasonable seeing that he has had my payment for over 3 weeks now.

Unfortunately I paid by gift (seeing as I got the impression he is a respected forum member) so no chance of claiming through PayPal.

I know that some people are a lot further out of pocket and some have watches with Mike and hope that we can all get these resolved.

Mike if you're reading this can you please respond to my last messages?? It says you have been online so am assuming you have read them??

Mike has been in touch several times with me over the last few days clem so he is around, to be fair to Mike when sending payment via pp gift it does take some time to 'clear' at the receivers end sometimes, it depends how the payment was funded from your account. I've had this happen to me when selling a piece and it took quite a while to clear at my end  :g:

Should it really be this hard to get back a watch I sent in for servicing 3 months ago?

Mike, you already serviced the movement and got paid. Now I do not care if the 30 minute counter pinion broke. I do not need the 30 minute counter to work as long as it stays in place, which you told me way back that it does. I have gone out of my way to make sure you see these messages but still no communication in regards to this request.

How likely is it that you can be online every day and not see my posts, shoutbox messages, PMs OR emails? Just send the watch back. I don't think waiting any longer to find a pinion makes any sense.

I have sent the return address to your PM box and to your email address. Please ship my Montblanc and forward me the tracking information. I will continue to do what I can to make sure you see my requests.

Or maybe someone else who doesn't have a communication issue with you can do me a favor and tell u that I've been trying to reach you.

I mean, even if I had an opportunity to source the part or a whole movement I wouldn't be able to buy it because I can't get through to you to find out if I should.

So please send my watch back. Last I heard you weren't taking any new business so getting through to you shouldn't be like pulling teeth.

Guys

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mike has scammed me out of $375 for the PAM GMT I paid for on the 27th August the same day he advertised it, no watch has been received, no information has been provided by Mike although I have made numerous requests and I gave him an ultimatum that I would post this information today if he did not respond to my urgent request yesterday.

Two days is okay to send a watch ( I usually try for the same day) however two weeks and no information is unacceptable, I am not one for a police state, however it would appear that this guy might be scamming lots of us honest and trusting members here and that must call for action.

Regards

AJ

Guys

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mike has scammed me out of $375 for the PAM GMT I paid for on the 27th August the same day he advertised it, no watch has been received, no information has been provided by Mike although I have made numerous requests and I gave him an ultimatum that I would post this information today if he did not respond to my urgent request yesterday.

Two days is okay to send a watch ( I usually try for the same day) however two weeks and no information is unacceptable, I am not one for a police state, however it would appear that this guy might be scamming lots of us honest and trusting members here and that must call for action.

Regards

AJ

Sorry to hear you are also having issues with MD2020.

As I said in my post, my deal pales into insignificance compared to both yours and others but its the principle of it.

I paid for the parts on 15th August and still have received nothing other than a message a week ago now saing that he had not actually sent them and would get them in the post (last) Tuesday 03 Sept. Have heard nor received anything since.

I think that this possibly needs to be looked at further but not sure if there is anything anyone on the forum can actually do other than possibly ban ??

Edited by clem2192

Guys

Regards

AJ

how painful to read that! i was wondering when it'd break apart.....

This is very concerning. Not being able to take-on more work is understandable given Mike's recent circumstances however not communicating with customers is puzzling to say the least.

I can't understand why Mike has chosen to tarnish his reputation in this manner however I certainly hope (for everyone) he comes around quick and settles all these outstanding matters.

As each day passes it appears more-and-more that the comment Freddy made back in the "should mike have his own section" thread was indeed correct.

I do have one theory just tried to PM cc33 going from Diamond to member due to PP loss he could not receive. This being said to my knowledge guys can still PM out and clearing out PM mail will enable you to receive.

Billy "Has anyone of you who has His phone number been in contact with him?" : I do have and have not, felt Mike would be better left to get his PMs out and backlog of work done without me busting his chops. As some of you know I am fond of Mike and went at it on the thread referenced above by Ben before this blow up with not one but two mods when he was trying to get a section. It is evident that this sit. is cascading downward for him and I would venture he is embarrassed, mad ,hurt and overwhelmed simultaneously, not a good place to be.

Michael call/contact me I will help you through this mess, you have my cell and personal email.

Where are all his buddies from Chicagoland that were sticking up for him....????? They have been quite over the last few weeks in Mikes defense... I really cant beleive this is still happening and to now MORE people. The problem is not gettng better it is getting worse.

Another thought.... If there are people STILL sending things to Mike at this point to get repaired... you shouldnt.

Ok, 

I hate to chime in too, but he has had one of my watches for about 6 weeks now. 

He told me it would take 2 weeks...its now been over 6 weeks. He did show me pics of it being worked on and told me it was fixed....So i sent the money, my paypal funds cleared and he said he would ship it Thursday or Friday of last week. 

I have gotten no response on my last 3 private messages. I still don't have my watch, and I really don't think he's shipped it yet either. I am hoping he responds to one of my new PM's and tells me that he's shipped it. 

I'm hoping for the best. 

Mike

Communication in any business is the key to success, or indeed failure, your lack of communication and consistant ingnoring of confirmation, tracking and so on left me with no alternative than to share my experience with you. You have no one else to blame but yourself and I thought long and hard before posting anything on the forum and the advise I recieved from everyone I spoke to including some guys that know you personally said if he doesn't respond, then post in the thread.

If as you say you posted the watch I bought from you last Thursday/Friday I make that the 5th or 6th Sept then I have two questions for you, 1) why did it take from the 27th August to post it and 2) why have you not responded to the several emails I have sent you requesting tracking information?

The only true way to gauge a person is to 'Judge them by what they do, not what they say' and unfortunately I believe that you cannot help yourself Mike, you have shown yourself as being a compulsive liar.

AJ

• Like 1

Here you go guys I just wanted to let all you know that im done working with 99% of anyone on this fourm. Sorry if things take longer then expected and sometimes with reps things don't work out as planed, because there REPS. If something breaks its not that easy to get some homemade parts from china. Also im done working on any watches unless ive met with you personally. Ive landed a job working for someone who only deals with gens so I don't need to deal with all the BS and stress that comes with a lot of these pos watches and the ppl that come with them. Don't get me wrong a lot of you are A+ guys but a lot of you just have ridicules expectations for your rep watches, and im not dealing with that anymore.

This thread has been a [censored] storm, im not responding to anymore pm's.  Only emails so email me to one of my emails and ill be sending things back,(MD2020Repair@yahoo.com or MD543678@yahoo.com)  also some ppl think that I "SCAMMED" them for 200$ reps watch lol give me a break and think about that?? lol  And the person I sold my PAM to It was sent last week on Thurs or Fri and you live in the UK. The post office told me just like I told you that it would take 5-12 days to get to you. So keep your pants on its still in transit and NO I didn't scam you and never had any intention on doing so. 

Ive had a few personal things happen in the last month and that's not an excuse but a fact so like I said before im only working with ppl I know in person. I don't need this stress over REP watches. 

Also SGTGUK I got your replacement dial in so ill swap that out and ill be send your stuff back by the end of this week.

In your infinite free time please brush up on English.  I had to read your post a few times to piece together your fragmented thoughts.  I will say its nice to know the real reason you have been so sketchy with communications, a nice new comfy job dealing with the level headed owners of genuine watches.  I know the gen watch owners will be THE perfect clients.  Uz r3p watch ownerz R just n0t g00d peeps.

Try pulling some of the crap you pulled on this forum with a client face to face.  This thread became a [censored] storm because you lacked the skills to manage 17 watches and forward appropriate communications to those owners. You can really test a persons character in tough situations.  We can CLEARLY see the type of man you are given your less then professional responses and general [censored] poor attitude, and with that said this forum is going to be better off without you.  

All that is left to say is good riddance Mike.  

• Like 1

Truly a disappointing turn of events. The immature attitude displayed here by MD2020 together with the act of "spitting-the-dummy-out-of-the-pram" and effectively demonstrating his contempt for us "rep-owners" shows his lack of respect for both his fellow forum-goers and their property.

To echo AJ's sentiments, "judge a person by their actions".

Mike go easy dude. You are moving on ,that's fine just do it like a gentlemen. I understand you are angry and conflicted but just get them done, send them back and be done with this chapter of your life. The proper course of action here is much more about you than all the guys watches and then some. In time you will see the wisdom of my advice maybe not now but you will.                                                                                      

Call on me at need,

Michael