When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Woman's Bags Way Too Expensive!

Rolexman

I was looking for a nice bag for my lady.....but those things are way too expensive!!!

Why? Just because they're genuine leather? I can buy a gen leather bag for Euro 40,-.... USD 250,- is not justified IMO.

USD 150,- for a 'high-tech' ETA sub and USD 250,- for a simple leather bag!!?? :huh:

What do you think?

Edited by Rolexman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully agree. I'm looking for a Hermes Birkin....man that thing is gonna cost an arm and a leg....

I was looking for a nice bag for my lady.....but those things are way too expensive!!!

Why? Just because they're genuine leather? I can buy a gen leather bag for Euro 40,-.... USD 250,- is not justified IMO.

USD 150,- for a 'high-tech' ETA sub and USD 250,- for a simple leather bag!!?? :huh:

What do you think?

i'm not sure why the bags are so expensive could be shipping, but i get high end stuff on canal street 30 or 40 bucks.

my wife was an expert for a while on the bag forums and everything - there was a bag spinnoff forum for a short time.

i suppose its worth it if you can't get to canal street. i was lucky to be traveling there for work for a while, i'd come home with 8-10 bags for the whole family

My wife has a real coach bag that is about 9 years old now. I got it at the Military Exchange on base for about $130 - retail was about $300. The bag is still in excellent shape and she continues to get comments on it all the time. She also loves it because it doesn't say "COACH" all over it like the new trendy ones do.

I think if you look around you can get a good deal. I'm sold on Coach - their quality and durability is outstanding.

That being said - I'm looking at one of Sashwatch's Birkin replica bags for her for Christmas :o

As sash has just pointed out he has bags under $250, some (if I remember correctly) as low as $100.

Myself I have Coco Chanel for only $65 and a coach for $85, it needs to be remember that we buy these bags and have to pay for shipping to our homes then when we sell we have to also pay for the shipping to the buyer and we eat these cost's so that you the customer can buy quality bags from the comfort of your own home. :)

Ken

@insane and @vmena you guy's need to understand that the bags that sash and I sell are in fact priced (in many occassions) less than 10% of original.

Take a look at sash's Chloe Paddington for instance they gen is worth over $1600

Yes you can get many generic bags or even minor branded bags for for only a couple of hundred but when you start talking about LV, Chloe, Hermes you are getting up in the thousands, what makes a leather bag worth that much..............hey what makes a Rolex worth $7,000..............brand name.

Ken

@insane and @vmena you guy's need to understand that the bags that sash and I sell are in fact priced (in many occassions) less than 10% of original.

Take a look at sash's Chloe Paddington for instance they gen is worth over $1600

Yes you can get many generic bags or even minor branded bags for for only a couple of hundred but when you start talking about LV, Chloe, Hermes you are getting up in the thousands, what makes a leather bag worth that much..............hey what makes a Rolex worth $7,000..............brand name.

Ken

Yes, but I don't believe that production costs for rep bags any higher than a no-name bag, and therefore the mark-up shouldn't be any different. But of course, if people are willing to over pay, which it seems they are, then I of course understand why the prices are so high.

The fact that they are priced at 10% of the gen bag is of no real value to me. I am just interested in paying what I believe the bag is worth.

Yes but again you're missing a key point.

I agree that brand name bags would not cost a lot more than a quality generic brand bag (they will cost more) but you are buying the brand the exact same way we do with our watches, yes even with our rep watches.

Ken

Ken

Not to mention there's something like a 6 year waiting list for the Birkin

Yes but again you're missing a key point.

I agree that brand name bags would not cost a lot more than a quality generic brand bag (they will cost more) but you are buying the brand the exact same way we do with our watches, yes even with our rep watches.

Ken

And yet, rep watches are not priced based on the price of the gens

Ridiculous prices IMO considering it's costing almost nothing to make... The value in these bags is putting them together, and we all know that the workers who make them are getting paid only a few dollars - so I can't imagine how they can justify over $75 for almost any bag...

Please read the post's above.

Ken

IMO i think the rep bags are quite good value for money.

Unbranded leather bags may cost only $70 or whatever, but how much does it cost to get the LV print onto the leather, study and copy an original and avoid the authorities who are constantly hunting you and trying to shut down your factory?

Ken

The men's bags are not priced at 10% of the original. As far as I remember they cost from 200-300$.

The real deal only costs 800 at la fayete and around 500 at an outlet store.

I paid about 120$ including shipping (was a huge parcel) for my dunhill bag from andrew and its really top quality. but 120$ was my absolute limit for that bag!

I'd be interested to know the cost to manufacture these bags... likely under $25-50... someone in China is making a lot of money :)

repo watches cost from 8-20$ for an eta sub at a watch market in the far east (means not the factory price, the factory price will be even lower) and yet they sell for 200$ here.