When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Woman's Bags Way Too Expensive!

Rolexman

hey dutchy...you have a Pam right?...have you ever purchased a strap...a good quality one...it is in range of 60+ $ - xxx$....and it is just 1/10 of all the leather used in a bag...right?...and the birkin hermes should be one of the finest leather...right?...so it isn't so much more expensive from the straps we use to get for our beloved reps..it is just the fact we are not interested in bags...so we think they are too much expensive...just my 0.02$

Exactly. My mom used to do furniture upholstry and she recovered a leather ottoman for me for my fake Eames lounge chair. The leather alone cost $250 and this wasn't even a great piece of leather.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A discussion on bags and i am not involved!? I am ashamed of myself.

FACT: Rep bags and Authentic bags, if supercopies, are made of the same materials and cost roughly the same to make.

FACT: A birkin would cost roughly $30 to make.

ANYONE associated with REP or Authentic bags, that are associated pretty much from source point are making a killing.

A discussion on bags and i am not involved!? I am ashamed of myself.

FACT: Rep bags and Authentic bags, if supercopies, are made of the same materials and cost roughly the same to make.

FACT: A birkin would cost roughly $30 to make.

ANYONE associated with REP or Authentic bags, that are associated pretty much from source point are making a killing.

Not wanting to start a conflict here, JM, but any Birkin that costs roughly $30 to make would be made out of low-grade plastic glued together at the seams with fake stitching.

You've still got some homework to do, son.

@buckeye: Tse is still the gold standard of Hermes reps, offering both decent Chinese and (for a higher price) excellent Korean Kellys and Birkins.

Due to high demand, thousands of scammers offering grotesquely made 'mirror image' bags and ever-changing local pressures on the manufacturers and distributers, the market is extremely volatile. Today's superstar source is either tomorrow's invisible man - or not offering the same quality as initially.

My advice is to check out what Tse, Sash and Ken (the latter two are right here on RWG) are offering and make your choice in terms of what you know about how the gens should look like (most people haven't the slightest idea) as well as the person you feel the most comfortable dealing with.

All of this talk about Hermes bags (certainly the highest-ticket lady's fashion accessory of all) by people who couldn't tell what a Birkin or a Kelly was even if they were smacked upside the head with one, is beginning to remind me of a story about the 1929 stock market crash:

One of the big smart-money fellows was in conversation with the guy who shined shoes (or handed out towels) in one of the exclusive NYC clubs frequented by the stock market set. Since they had both been 'members' (so to speak) of the same establishment for years, the service person remarked in a friendly way that he was investing in a certain stock that another member had recommended.

The guy in guestion listened, said a few encouraging words in return, and immediately phoned his broker with instructions to sell every share he owned.

His reasoning: if the guy who shined his shoes (or whatever) in his club was giving him investing tips, it was time to get the hell out of the market.

And yeah, a few months later, he was proved right.

Can anyone here even discribe the difference between a Birkin or a Kelly - or even what they refer to?

Personally, I think it's time to be looking into bio-degradable shopping bags for my fashion-savvy lady friends....

When girls who can't even find Paris on a map are screaming for rep Birkin Bags from guys who have a tendancy to confuse Hermès with Herpes, it's all over for that brand in terms of credibility and prestige - in the eyes of those who can tell the difference.

Put another way, once you see a $17,000 Birkin on the arms of three different girls taking the subway to work....

What's that you're saying about Ryyannon being an elitist snob?

Hey, what took you so long to figure it out?

-----------------------------------------------

Urgent! Edit!

OMG! Just look at what my evil twin brother has written!

It wasn't me, guys - it wasn't me!

Has anyone seen where Bad Ryyannon has hidden his meds?

Just a friendly reminder in case people missed it I have an offer of a group buy, I need at least 10 buyers to get Hermes Birkin's at $150 a bag..........................Photo's will be up in the next couple of days.

Ken

Just a friendly reminder in case people missed it I have an offer of a group buy, I need at least 10 buyers to get Hermes Birkin's at $150 a bag..........................Photo's will be up in the next couple of days.

Ken

I'll let you know after my introduction to Dutchy's sister :Jumpy:

I HATE handbags.

My girlfriend wanted a $1,700 one for her birthday!!! It was a chanel one; I thought it looked cheap. I ended up getting a 1 carat diamond pendant instead. Cost a bit more, but I got a good deal and at least it theoretically has some value (I understand diamonds are a horrible investment, but better than a handbag) and at least can be worn forever - the bag would be in the heap after 6 months! I refuse to pay for them. At least a watch or jewelry can be passed on or sold if the world goes to [censored].

Edited by Craytonic

Kenberg, I might be interested. I'm thinking about black with silver/steel metal trim.

Cheers

I'm pretty sure I can get :)

Still I only have 3 takers so far so we still need another 7 but they may come when I put up the pic's

Ken

A fake bag might lead to an unfortunate accident involving "craytonic jr.", scissors, and my girlfriend that would leave me none to happy.

On the other hand, rep watches are just fine for me thankfully!

I can't tell the difference in the bags. She seems to be able to smell it or something. Witchcraft.

Edited by Craytonic

Wow what a nice forum to talk about handbags...Im now also looking for some handbags for my ladies in the house..and outside the house..for chrismas...anyway...

Ken I would love to buy the birkin if the $150 is the same one as the $449-$500...and I would love to see you pictures..and ..im down under too mate ..:):) ..easier for you :)

Wow what a nice forum to talk about handbags...Im now also looking for some handbags for my ladies in the house..and outside the house..for chrismas...anyway...

Ken I would love to buy the birkin if the $150 is the same one as the $449-$500...and I would love to see you pictures..and ..im down under too mate ..:):) ..easier for you :)

I will put you down as number 4 and you can look at the pic's when put them up to judge for yourself the quality. :)

ken

The Birkin is the holy grail to shoe/bagaholics. :lol: I have dumped too much money into these premium bags over the same years. This year's hot bag in NYC - Jimmy Choo red leather. By the way my wife doesn't even have to look at the bag itself to know whether a Birkin is gen. If you don't recognize the person carrying or they are not sporting 5 carats or more and very expensive clothers - it is a fake. Women who carry Birkin's are not running around in sweats. Hollywood excepted of course.:lol: