When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reasonably priced gens you want?

fraggle42

Ok, here's two for starters.

Tudor Black Bay, can be had for £1700 on bracelet from Italy.

And whilst looking through the Basel 2012 report on WUS, I saw this Aviator Professional Chronograph

http://www.swisstime.ch/index.php?id=41&idDetailProd=2443#.UqYdJeJlmRl

PVD loveliness! :)

I can't find it on sale anywhere, but supposed to be between $1000 and $1999.

I'm seeking out a gen 3717-04 in the $3500 range. Possibly 3777-04 too but I prefer getting a Franken rep, with gen dial and custom AR crystal, to the gen.

Edited by Cromag

It was at the 2012 Basel show Andy, so you'd think it would be for sale somewhere by now? Ah well, if I ever see one in the flesh in 6 months time, it ill be a good test to see if I still love it or not.

I had a look at pictures of that Sinn and personally found it very plain? Nothing wrong with plain, but why that one? I'm curious :) And that other watch is very, err, green! Certainly very, very different and I like it. I'm just nt sure if I like it just because its different, or if I like it because of its design if you see what I mean.

One thing I can't help but wonder, how much is it to get into the Basel show?

Has anyone organised a GTG there? Would be a hoot, a few days in a cheap hotel next to a good bar, Basel in the daytime, bar in the evening!

Just been having a play with the Basel show iPad app. It's cool :)

Details, images and videos from hundreds of exhibitors, funky 3D map of all the halls.

I can see me wasting quite a few hours looking through that thing.

And per day entry cost is 60CHF, or 150CHF for an 8 day pass.

Cheap? Probably yes, but will have to book them early (probably too late for 2014 now) and the cheap ones won't be close to the show centre.

And most of you lot have as many gens as you have reps!! Cheap hotels indeed! :D

There are tons of really nice genuine watches in the 1000.00 USD to 2000.00USD range, and the range expands tremendously if you add gently used watches, because that will get you into a lot of the Omega and similar priced watch lines (used). Personally I have no problems with letting someone else take that initial purchaser hit! When you can buy a slightly used gen for 60% of the selling price, and the watch is only a couple of months old and comes with all the boxes, papers and probably some warranty left, why not. That initial euphoria from walking out of and AD with a brand new watch lasts for such a short time, and then you start kicking yourself when you see one just like yours advertised on WUS or TZ for hundreds less!

• Like 1

Ok, here's two for starters.

Tudor Black Bay, can be had for £1700 on bracelet from Italy.

And whilst looking through the Basel 2012 report on WUS, I saw this Aviator Professional Chronograph

http://www.swisstime.ch/index.php?id=41&idDetailProd=2443#.UqYdJeJlmRl

PVD loveliness! :)

I can't find it on sale anywhere, but supposed to be between $1000 and $1999.

wow i love that swisstime aviator! nice find! i hope you get it for chrismas! :)

I can definitely recommend the Aerospace, I love mine! Got to send it off to Breitling for the full makeover, fantastic value for £300.

That Aviator Pro chrono is lovely, 42mm and just enough interesting features on the dial to go well with the PVD. Needs a nice dark brown Pam style strap to go with it though.

And yes, considering used watches for the upto £2k price brings in a lot of nice stuff.

Keep your dream-but-affordable watch ideas coming guys!

Nice.

There's a couple of Steinharts from their website that I feel calling to me:-

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Marine-Officer-Grey,430.html

and

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Ocean-vintage-GMT,339.html

Well, there's loads of them but those are the two that would slot nicely into my current modest collection.

A tudor black bay would be nice for sure. Have had a quick look at it at a local AD and it looks very nice. But so there are a couple of reps on my to do list before saving up for the tudor :)

Edit: Damn you Mike :D. Now i found another must have. Glycine really have some nice watches!

combatsubgoldeneye.jpg