When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Omega rep out the box!Noob Limited Edition Liquid Metal Planet Ocean(LMPO)

indywatchguy

Hi guys,

Was reading this thread and was looking at the 2 versions linked below. Can someone please advise on what they think of the quality between the 2 and also if there is much in the way of differences between the Asian 2824 and the ETA 2836-2. For example is the quality much better on the LMPO but the 2836-2 is better or are they close, I think I would rather have the better time keeper but is the quality difference going to be more noticeable.

http://puretime-asia.com/product/planet-ocean-42mm-liquidmetal-limited-edition-11-noob-best-edition/

or

http://puretime-asia.com/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackwhite-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836/

Thanks in advance.

Wes

Edited by wescombe

Quality wise I would say go for the LMPO.

As for the movement, regardless of the model (2824 vs 2836), it's hit or miss in the rep world.

2824 and 2836 are equally reliable if properly oiled and serviced ...which is not always the case for replicas.

The movement (2824) in my LMPO works extremely well but it's luck of the draw.

• 2 weeks later...

Quality wise I would say go for the LMPO.

As for the movement, regardless of the model (2824 vs 2836), it's hit or miss in the rep world.

2824 and 2836 are equally reliable if properly oiled and serviced ...which is not always the case for replicas.

The movement (2824) in my LMPO works extremely well but it's luck of the draw.

yup have to agree with the luck of the draw luckily I was lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like one of these for my collection and PT says they will be back in stock for mid June. I read that these take a year to produce (I read that I don't know if it's true!) on that basis I'm worried that this next batch may have been quickly assembled to meet demand.

Should I be concerned?

I may end up selling mine. I've been embroiled in a double-franken project that's turned into a larger-than-expected undertaking. I haven't even taken the plastic off the LMPO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok buddy, I'm all ears. I have started a post in wanted too so I'm not trying to buck the system, shoot me a pm if you decide :-)

Hmmmmm.... I just ordered one from Toro and he promised me QC photos later today.   (fingers crossed now!)

I'd like one of these for my collection and PT says they will be back in stock for mid June. I read that these take a year to produce (I read that I don't know if it's true!) on that basis I'm worried that this next batch may have been quickly assembled to meet demand.

Should I be concerned?

Hmmmmm.... I just ordered one from Toro and he promised me QC photos later today.   (fingers crossed now!)

I approved a toro AP diver v6 yesterday. So tempted to add one on. I spotted them after I posted here.

I'm like a rep sellers wet dream haha

QC pics received and approved.   Tracking number assigned.   Shipping out today.   All in less than 24hrs.   Toro is THE BEST!!!!

QC pics received and approved.   Tracking number assigned.   Shipping out today.   All in less than 24hrs.   Toro is THE BEST!!!!

Haha I've just bought one too. I knew I shouldn't have had that wine. Anyway my qc is coming tomorrow. If ok my AP diver v6 and LMPO will be on the way :-)

I which this hobby wasn't as much fun :-/

• 3 weeks later...

are the numbers/printing on the bezel durable unlike those of the crPO and tiPO? In the crPO and tiPO it seems like the numbers are just printed on top of the glossy coat making them prone to scratching off. i guess what im asking is when this watch is 10years old will it start to look like its been beat up with numbers scratching off

Edited by b-16707

when this watch is 10years old will it start to look like its been beat up with numbers scratching off

With daily use most certainly it will