When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It was inevitable .....

B12b12

So I am very new to this hobby . only a couple of months in ....

bought about 10 watches straight off - Faux Chrono jobbies / Quartz reps  - all sub $110 watches ....

Now I am selling them off and already ordering $250 - $300 watches !!! 

at first I thought, oh well there cheap enough its just a bit of fun ....

and now its ....  oooo I like that lume ...... ooo those hands look better ---- ooo that strap is much nicer ..... .. oh dear ........... time to start hiding things :-)

Familiar story Im sure !!

Brilliant Brilliant forum here ... Good work all !!

Steve

• Like 2

Welcome! We've all been there. At first the cheap ones look perfect. Then you read the forum reviews and the flaws become glaring. You keep upgrading to the ultimates, supers, 1:1 and still not good enough. Next you're buying gen inserts, gen dials, gen bracelets and you're in for thousands of dollars.

Crazy but quite fun.

Enjoy the ride, mate.

• Like 1

"Painful" doesn't begin to describe it. I've been talking to a friend who is in negotiations for a vintage Rolex part ... one part ... that costs nearly as much as my Land Rover did.

"Painful" doesn't begin to describe it. I've been talking to a friend who is in negotiations for a vintage Rolex part ... one part ... that costs nearly as much as my Land Rover did.

Lol the franken pieces I'm referring to are generally capped around the $1k mark. I've seen your level of reps and projects around the forums over the years mate, and I am light years from it and hope it stays that way lol.

Luckily I haven't been bitten by the vintage Rollie bug as yet either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk