When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buyer wants to get full refund because shipping takes too long.

jion

Hi all,

I've sent out the watch, it's by normal post with tracking. The last updated info was the watch is already in the States in transit. As a seller I don't think it's fair for me to guarantee buyer's custom/transit clearance. What's more it's not that the watch is seized or missing, it's just taking unusually long. It's almost a month in this case.

My wife sent a parcel to France it took 60 days to arrive. I sent a strap to Switzerland it took 2 weeks. Those who have dealt with me here, mostly from the states you know it's about 14 to 20 days. So I agree this time it's taking unusually long. The good thing is usps tracking still able to tell its in transit stage.

What happen if buyer asks for full refund from pp? And my watch is already in the hand of USPS? What should I do? Please help. Thanks.

Jion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell Them that its out of your hands since its usps fault with the time prove the tracking that it is at their mail center or where ever it now is legally you are covered since you can prove you have sent the item and its not your risk if it takes time

Best regards hope you get it sorted :)

Oh thank you so much Ezio. PP will ask for proof before issue full refund, right? Yes, the online tracking shows the watch reached LA transit. I'll send pp the print screen if they ask. Thanks again.

Jion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about this. I would not think you are liable to issue refund based on the posted information. The piece I bought from you took less than 2 weeks if I remember but recently had another piece coming from out of US that took almost 4 weeks. I do remember you were excellent to deal with. Quick comms and shipping. I hope it works out for you and the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys make sure your buyers know you do not guarantee shipping  (we are not dealers M2M) , as watch held up in customs (this happen to a brand new Gen being shipped to me for three weeks ) it is not lost.

"Not responsible for any customs issues"                is a good disclaimer

or mine  " Can not be responsible for customs or shipping lose, watch is running tip top but lord knows how the post will handle it or if the Postmen has sticky fingers! "

one problem with paypal is if the buyer claims what you sold them was a fake watch they are more likely to refund the buyer with little to no follow up.

How can the 'buyer' claim the watch was fake if it's still held up in transit?

As I am fond of telling stories let me tell this one: Good seller EU had a nice piece like 3k , worth it IMHO. I PMed we talked about watch this and that and I had to pass. I told him "if I buy M2M from Eu I right the money/watch off if I can afford to and am willing to take the risk"  in this case I was not, he understood.

Thanks SO much guys. Your postings are really helpful. In fact one of the watches I sent ended up 'insufficient address' and it's on the way back to me. The whole process has been more than a month, both buyer and me are really cool about it. I call Post Malaysia every week to follow up. Basically I just want everyone dealing with me to have a good experience.

Thanks for your comment Droptopman. Appreciate it :)

Unless tracking info shows the item to be DELIVERED PP will usually side with the buyer.  I've had this happen twice over the years...

Long shipping times happen. Had an order incoming with International 1st Class Mail (with tracking) from the US to EU, placed 18th March, shipped on 23rd March - whole of April passed - at my door on the 12th of May. Everything normal, correct address, no customs issues, just exceptionally slow almost 7 weeks shipping: on top: it was just a strap.....

As I am fond of telling stories let me tell this one: Good seller EU had a nice piece like 3k , worth it IMHO. I PMed we talked about watch this and that and I had to pass. I told him "if I buy M2M from Eu I right the money/watch off if I can afford to and am willing to take the risk" in this case I was not, he understood.

That was me, right?

It's always good to put a disclaimer in your sales thread. not that a lot of the noobs ever read the thread!! (I've had two PM's in the last couple of weeks about a strap that sold a couple of months ago and was clearly marked SOLD!!)

Shipping is so unpredictable it's almost laughable. I bought a movement from a guy in the EU, paid for EMS shipping, Shipped on may 5th Shows departing ISC New York on May 7th, that's the last I've heard from it. Buyers cannot blame the shipper for postal problems. If you want something guaranteed, then pay the extra big bucks to have it shipped FedEx or UPS 2nd day or overnight. Probably cost more than the watch, but you will get it fast.

If this guy opens up a Paypal dispute please let every forum know his name, so that he can enjoy his watch hobby all by himself!!

Ya, I should have put a disclaimer. I just assumed it's common sense that seller doesn't guarantee custom clearance. And in this case is slow shipping. Not that it's been seized. It will eventually reach his doorstep!

I've shipped stuff that's taken well over the time it should have to get there, from what I remember the worst was to Russia, took absolutely ages (just a strap) so I ended up refunding the buyer.....2 days later he sent me the money back again, turned up safe and sound, this place works on trust for both buyer and seller alike  ;)

• Like 1

This is real good ideea to refund because it takes too long ,3 weeks and still nothing with my order .. :g:

Did you agree with the seller that the seller takes full responsibility if the package is lost in transit?

Did you agree that a refund would be made just because the shipping is taking "too long"?

Did you agree what constitutes "too long"?

I'm guessing "not" in all three cases in which case the seller is under no obligation to do anything. If they're a kind soul they may agree to split the loss 50/50 if nothing has turned up after 'x' months.

• Like 1