When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WOW, finished Jaeger 1/4 Repeater Chronograph

astonjenks

Some months ago, well almost a year actually, I purchased a Jaeger 1/4 repeater when I was in my pocket watch movement phase with the desire to recase her after a full service and dial refinished and the day has finally arrived that she has now been finished.

The movement is a large (size 18) very early 20th Century chronograph 1/4 repeater which is very rare and very valuable. The case is around 51mm, I hope you like it as it has been some time (and substantial cost) to finish. When she arrives back I will have a rather special strap made for her and shoot a video so that you can hear the gongs.

AJ

post-48021-0-59006300-1401483905_thumb.j

post-48021-0-06428900-1401483916_thumb.j

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous.

Love the delicate, intricate hands, and the movement.

I've seen a couple of these movements on EBay and I can see the hammer on the right hand side of the common pivot point, most movements have a matching hammer on the left hand side, but these movements have this strange things that looks a bit like a speed regulator that wizzes round fast?

What on earth is it?

Really looking forward to the video and wrist shots!

You must be very happy this one is coming back home to be used and admired!

Richard, look closer and you can see the second hammer on the other side under the whizzy regulator.

Once she get home from far away shores I can assure you that you'll get the video you request.

Best regards and thanks

AJ

Well. Yes, but this is a 100% heirloom piece that you can send on a future journey through your lineage :D

:-)

It will be back with me in a week or two and I will along with video of the movement and repeater.

This baby will owe me more than any I have modded or bought in the last several years!

AJ