When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC?......My A$$$! Don't believe the hype!

hiker01

Ordered this very recently from one of our TD.....got the QC Pics, everything looks good, I approve....shipping was fast,

but alas.....

post-4000-0-16004200-1408729063_thumb.jp

post-4000-0-30212500-1408729082_thumb.jp

post-4000-0-00796300-1408729104_thumb.jp

post-4000-0-31297400-1408729222_thumb.jp

When you screw the crown in, the freakin movement stops after 10 minutes......after buying and owning close to a hundred of

reps and working with them sometimes, I know the cause was a "little long stem" - meaning it was not trimmed properly..........

and if you release the crown 1 turn the watch works fine.....

post-4000-0-20421200-1408729162_thumb.jp

You could notice the gap....it's that shiny tube......Grrrrrrrr! \

Something an idiot QC person would catch! What a sham!

Yeah, but ok, not a great problem to remove the stem and short it 1 mm or so, correct?

As my good mate here say not a hard fix and what Can you ask for mate its a rep not a gen to 3k expect some flaws and error

So what. Get over it. With more than 5K posts and as an old time vet you should know better. There were times QC pics did not even exist and you never knew what was going to turn up on your doorstep. This is all part of the rep game. It's a small fix...compared to a scratched dial or hands that could turn up in the past.

I had two show up with similar issues all you had to do was wind try to set time and you would know they were screwed up...................... :bangin: this is marginal QC hey they set time ,wind, screw back in properly and run. Long stem/ keyless on one other unknown yet but most likely stem issue, to hell w/ pics does it go! (not bounced about in shipping issues)

Send it back!

LOL :partytime:

Because for $289,99 You can buy a brand-new Genesis Nitrox React Pro In-Line Scuba Diving Computer Dive Diver Authorized Dealer Full Warranty

http://www.amazon.com/Genesis-In-Line-Computer-Authorized-Warranty/dp/B001JYIZCQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-2&keywords=%24289%2C99

31DXF49uxrL.jpg

or this: LG Electronics 39LB5600 39-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-39LB5600-39-Inch-1080p/dp/B00KVLQURA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1408773190&sr=8-5&keywords=tv

Of course on the 2nd day the on/off button would just come off the TV and on the 3rd the remote would stop working. After 1 week the screen goes blanc but You don´t return it to Amazon, You carry it to the repair shop around the corner that takes another $290 to fix it.... Naahhh....

I just know that when I buy another rep I must switch the logic button off :)

menslogicwomenslogic_zpsa2e1985f.jpg

:clap2:

If having an elongated stem is all you get then that is the least of worries in reps. You can say that you dislike the lack of QC all you like, or that it should be more reliable, but you're a grown man spending your money how you wish. If you think it could be spent better, then spend it elsewhere.

As for it not being free, it is what it is. We know when we buy reps that they're not as reliable as gens. If that's a problem, then don't buy reps.

I'm with Nightwatch on this one.

We all know QC has been getting worse (thanks to ZF), and prices are going up.

The only reason QC came about was because the buyers back then were asking for it and complaining about the quality and problems.

If we can see prices going up and QC getting worse and say and do nothing they'll just think everything is happy and in the end we'll be receiving bags of broken bits for 50% the price of the gen.

If we don't let them know they need to step up their QC, they ain't going to do it.

I can't believe 90% of the responders missed the point :fool:

All I'm sayin is, if you advertise your QC, you should do it.....end of story. And buyers.....are you guys scared of the TDs that you can't point out the mistakes they do? That's why half the time we're getting crap!

Just because we're buying reps doesn't mean we'll take any crap they send us.....especially if they banner it on their website. Please don't give me the BS "You're buying a rep, get over it!" That's absurd! I bought

a rep that you said you QC'ed, then I expect it to be at least acceptable. Jeeezzzzzz......

• Like 1

I can't believe 90% of the responders missed the point :fool:

All I'm sayin is, if you advertise your QC, you should do it.....end of story. And buyers.....are you guys scared of the TDs that you can't point out the mistakes they do? That's why half the time we're getting crap!

Just because we're buying reps doesn't mean we'll take any crap they send us.....especially if they banner it on their website. Please don't give me the BS "You're buying a rep, get over it!" That's absurd! I bought

a rep that you said you QC'ed, then I expect it to be at least acceptable. Jeeezzzzzz......

+ 1

Because for $289,99 You can buy a brand-new Genesis Nitrox React Pro In-Line Scuba Diving Computer Dive Diver Authorized Dealer Full Warranty

http://www.amazon.com/Genesis-In-Line-Computer-Authorized-Warranty/dp/B001JYIZCQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-2&keywords=%24289%2C99

31DXF49uxrL.jpg

or this: LG Electronics 39LB5600 39-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-39LB5600-39-Inch-1080p/dp/B00KVLQURA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1408773190&sr=8-5&keywords=tv

Of course on the 2nd day the on/off button would just come off the TV and on the 3rd the remote would stop working. After 1 week the screen goes blanc but You don´t return it to Amazon, You carry it to the repair shop around the corner that takes another $290 to fix it.... Naahhh....

I just know that when I buy another rep I must switch the logic button off :)

menslogicwomenslogic_zpsa2e1985f.jpg

:clap2:

True also, at the prices we pay at the least engage crown and made sure it works properly for pete's sake.

I can't believe 90% of the responders missed the point :fool: .

+1

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by LadyWatch

i never expect too much from QC pics honestly.

its always been my understanding that the QC picture process was to make sure its the watch you actually ordered and no obvious flaws.

i dont expect the dealer to go through every single watch and make sure everything functions as it should.

i guess ive just been lucky for the most part except the one time i got a watch that looked completely different than the one i ordered but the same model.

not really much you can do about it honestly.

recently got a watch with stripped tube. it sucks but its not really worth spending $50 bucks to ship it back and end up in a black hole and me be SOL.

keep your expectations low and youll be ok. 

its sad that we pay a lot of money for watches that show up busted up at times but i guess thats the risk we all choose to take.

i usually try to stick with M2M sales from seasoned members but i have had to order a few from china and its always a worry until it shows up.