When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster 300 from Basel 2014 released on PT

maevit4996

Just spotted this two tone SS/RG version on Puretime. http://www.pure-time.com/product/seamaster-300-master-co-axial-liquidmetal-v6f-best-edition-rg-bezel-on-ssrg-bracelet-a8400/

At first I thought they had rounded the cut outs of the dial, but now not so sure. To me, the rep cut outs looked sharper (pointier) in the corners than the gen. But now I'm thinking that the shape is largely correct and it's just the loom behind the dial not being pressed right up against it that causes this effect. Anyone know what I mean?

Would be very interested to see if it would be an easy mod to take the loom closer to the surface of the dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that article earlier this week.  That certification is a joke.  I agree with most of the comments at the bottom of the article.  

Edited by mrbobdobalina

Ironically, as a person who hates flashy watches, I really like this one. Even with the bezel being slightly too much, it's not that noticeable in person on the wrist. Actually one of the few recent pieces I would consider buying gen (once prices get to normal people levels). I just feel like they got everything right (except the SEL) in that the case is relatively well shaped and streamlined, the dial is legible and easy to read, and the case is pretty slim. Like I said, they hit the nail on the head with this one, and I'm normally a Rolex guy because Omegas are usually too ostentatious (with funky shapes and whatnot).

Ironically, as a person who hates flashy watches, I really like this one. Even with the bezel being slightly too much, it's not that noticeable in person on the wrist. Actually one of the few recent pieces I would consider buying gen (once prices get to normal people levels). I just feel like they got everything right (except the SEL) in that the case is relatively well shaped and streamlined, the dial is legible and easy to read, and the case is pretty slim. Like I said, they hit the nail on the head with this one, and I'm normally a Rolex guy because Omegas are usually too ostentatious (with funky shapes and whatnot).

Agreed entirely - when this thing is undoubtedly $2,500 to $3k in a year on the bay I will pick up the gen. They just don't hold their value like Rolex does, I sold my LV-Hulk for what I paid for it a year later to a dealer. It's a beautiful watch in my opinion and I'm a Rolex guy too, although not so much the modern ones. 

• 2 weeks later...