When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big crown photo shoot

cc33

The files are drop dead gorgeous in full res on my iPad but when I upload them here they go from 15-20mb down to 175 or so kb's. That's some major compression, too bad :(

I get the same thing here.  If I upload to Tapatalk hosting I lose all the picture quality.  So I put them on my server and post them via http link.  The difference is just outstanding, but then again if you're posting 15MB pictures I suspect your audience will diminish rapidly.

RX1! That's a serious toy!$!$ If I wasn't wrapped up with other projects (), I might have one too.

Have a Fuji X100T on pre-order to replace my aging X100. I'm a fan of the optical viewfinder. If the Sony had a OVF, it'd be the perfect camera for me.

Another great camera, I was this close to grabbing that instead but I found a great used rx1r in perfect cond for considerably less then in the stores. I'm dying to play with one of those ovf's I hear they use a hybrid system with two views.

"I get the same thing here. If I upload to Tapatalk hosting I lose all the picture quality. So I put them on my server and post them via http link. The difference is just outstanding, but then again if you're posting 15MB pictures I suspect your audience will diminish rapidly."

I suspect you're right the larger files would be very annoying to look at for comp users. Your pics look like they haven't lost a single detail, the server idea may be the way to go. Overall I'm happy though I can still see lots of the orig details, just can't zoom in the way I can with the orig's

"I take photos for a living and i reckon you nailed it .. really nice pics of a fantastic watch ..

Thank you, that means a lot

I have an X Pro-1 and I love it. After carrying around a bag full of DSLR stuff for years, my back and shoulders said it was time to change !!

Those are great photos. Of course the subject ain't half bad either!!!

You will love the OVF, I probably use it at least 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks panerai, momo and freddy! its my first time with a manual canera, its easy to nail the focus outside like with this bee (rest in peace bud) but indoors its supposed to have great iso levels (50k max) but i cant get the focus as dead on inside (kitten pics) practice makes perfect!

post-38788-0-74260300-1411677088_thumb.j

post-38788-0-46004400-1411677112_thumb.j

post-38788-0-16988000-1411677138_thumb.j

post-38788-0-97607200-1411677170_thumb.j

post-38788-0-51952100-1411677191_thumb.j

post-38788-0-58166100-1411677211_thumb.j

post-38788-0-09686900-1411677239_thumb.j

I think low light focusing is an issue with not only the RX1, but all mirrorless cameras in general.

That is the biggest gripe I have with my X Pro 1. When using the 60mm in macro mode + low light, it drives me crazy with it's "hunting" and inability to lock in the focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk