When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has the best sub...springbars?

ldegeneve

I'm talking vintage see them through the lughole type, 20mmx2mm for vintage models. Based on my experience:

WSO - Rounded edges, good length, weak internal spring

Clarks - Flat edges, good length, surprisingly weak spring

Cousins UK - Flat edges, a tad shorter than the above, good spring

Anyone else?

Funny thing, when the springbar components are a good tight fit, they are less usable in real life.

I spent 2 weeks in the ocean with the Big Gonzo and the saltwater would evaporate leaving behind solid minerals, and I couldn't remove the springbars.

I soaked them a long time in fresh water to loosen the deposits, and eventually removed them. And they were tough enough (gens) I doubt I could have brute force pulled it apart without ruining the flimsy band in the process.

Clark ones arnt bad for the money honestly.

I couldn't drill my bracelet and lug holes out big enough so I had to buy the slightly thinner ones. 20x1.78mm. Perfect fit for rep bracelets and end links

Bc, where did you find the 1.78mm ones? This is exactly what I need for my PT 1680. My lugholes are big enough for the 2mm and they fit in my endlinks, but with the tight fit in the endlinks the pins won't line up with the holes. I need the smaller size.

I seriously doubt rolex makes their spring bars.

The ST 'swiss' spring bars are basically identical to genuine. They also have 'HK' spring bars that are not identical to oem. 

I mark genuine sb with a Sharpy so I can tell them from ST if they are on the table together.

J. Borel may use the same sb supplier as ST.