When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 6263 rep currently available

K12AN

Hello all

I love the look of the 6263 Daytona and wanted to know which would be the best rep to go for in terms of appearance (to the original).

An example of one which I'm looking at is:

pure-time.com/product/daytona-6263-white-dial

Thoughts please?

Thanks for any advice 

K12AN

I'm a bit out of touch with what is available out of the box from dealers but the biggest problem with this 6263 is the position of the pushers. If you look at a gen you will see the the bottom pusher is positioned further way from the winding crown than the top pusher, like this:

post-2563-0-80856300-1415642867_thumb.jp

It looks to me as if the pushers in the puretime Daytona are equally spaced. It's difficult to tell in some photos but I hope you can see what I mean.

I am more concerned with the visual appearance of the watch.

The ones which I've seen have some very obvious errors i.e fonts are wrong, too many words (Oyster, Cosmograph and DAYTONA) - even worse, the subdials aren't correctly positioned.

Is there a rep available (without mods) which is visually accurate at least.

The movement etc is a separate issue all together :)

Here is a photo of what the subdial spacing would be like on a 7750 powered 6263. Notice that the subdials are slightly closer to the index markers than on the gen. For me, that is a small price to pay for what is, overall a very good and reasonably priced rep. And yes, all the subdials work as they should.

post-2563-0-68263000-1415724334_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Here is a photo of what the subdial spacing would be like on a 7750 powered 6263. Notice that the subdials are slightly closer to the index markers than on the gen. For me, that is a small price to pay for what is, overall a very good and reasonably priced rep. And yes, all the subdials work as they should.

attachicon.gifRIMG0808.JPG

Totally agree on that one know. Comparing this with a gen image and its really hard to spot a difference!

If you use a DW case and manage to get a well printed dial you can gradually improve the watch. Have the rotor and auto mechanism removed you can then fit a low profile caseback. You can also use a gen tube and fit a gen crown. Improve the standard DW bezel (although I am told his new bezels are much improved) fit a gen T21 glass then uprate the pushers to either Ofrei ones or if you're in the UK Cousins offer a decent replacement. If you really wanted to go to town you could fit a swiss made 7750 movement (I think!) and buy a gen bracelet then you really would end up with a rep that all but the most keen of eyes would not know the difference and, of course, all the functions would work as they should. My watch (pictured above) is about as good as it gets without going into V72 territory. Having said that it will cost you over £1000 but at least you can pick and choose when to spend the money and collect parts accordingly when the wallet permits.

Edited by dieselpower

attachicon.gifRIMG0808.JPG

That's a nice looking watch mate, where is the dial sourced from for a 7750 movement?

The dial is from a rep long since gone and it was sold by someone called easyeasy hence it was known as an EE6263. The watch is a DW caseset and has now got gen tube/crown, Ofrei pushers, modified movement  (more than just taking the rotor off) to make it manual wind, low profile caseback, gen T21, gen bracelet, watchNY bezel and DW handset. There's not much more you can do to one of these other than going V72.

• Like 2

I've been looking at these for a while. Seems like the ST19 model is really the only decent out of the box 6263 available since DW is a no no and I've read questionable things about Spinmaster.

Plus, they're pretty cheap.

Question for you Daytona experts. What crown is the right one for this model?

Is it a 702?

Diesel, you would need an ETA 7753 movement, not an ETA 7750. the ETA 7750 has the subdials at 12,6,9 running seconds at 9 . the ETA 7753 has the subdials at 3,6,9 , running seconds at 9.
the problem is these movements have gotten very expensive. The best price that I could find for an ETA 7750, about two months ago was 379.00 USD The ETA 7753 is around 575.00 USD that's the going price from the major suppliers here in the USA. Both of these are brand new sealed ETA movements. So if one is planning to use a genuine ETA movement in a Daytona build, they should know ahead of time that the movements are going to be expensive. The Pre-Daytona 6238 below has an ETA 7753 movement inside, this was the last watch that Ziggy built for me before he closed up shop.

Here is my gen Tudor Big block that uses the 7750 movement
post-327-0-81973900-1415752701_thumb.jpg

And here is my Rolex Pre-Daytona that uses a 7753 movement
post-327-0-46917400-1415752846_thumb.jpg