When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sometime Homage/Look a like watches are the best choice

Guest kingfrog

"Unique" .... that's putting it delicately.  Which is probably prudent!  :ph34r:

Sgtguk, how do you feel about being my conduit for Rover parts?  Holy smokes your countrymen charge a lot for shipping!  A simple 4.25" round wing mirror is all I need for the old girl, and shipping is more than the price of the glass.  :o

Good Lawsy mercy ... to turn Pugwash loose on the tadpole? It would be a bloodbath.

I wonder... was Miss Naughty around when VB was here? :g:

Yes, well I am getting tired of playing nice. I might just have an aneurism to add to my list of issues if I keep holding back.

;^)

What ever happened to TTK?

And Lani? Is he OK?

No idea about TTK, rumor was he had passed on to that great watch shop in the sky, but those rumors could never be substantiated. My guess is he is somewhere giving the folks around him un shirted hell, especially those that are stupid enough to cross swords with him, like our friend frog face AKA THE TOAD KING., would do!! Last I heard, Lani was OK, I check in on his Facebook page occasionally..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My collections at about $25,000 right now give or take... without the 5513 being finished... and this frog has the audacity to call me a poor boy. Hilarious. Offensive, but still hilarious that he's raging against us while "colleting" Citizens and Parnis, and telling us he'll fit in better with the snobs over at VRF/TRF lol.

Buddy, they wouldn't let you park their cars...

Nuqi's collection was well into high six figures ages ago... with inflation since, I am sure just one of his watches in particular could buy your McMansion with change left over.

My collections at about $25,000 right now give or take... without the 5513 being finished... and this frog has the audacity to call me a poor boy. Hilarious. Offensive, but still hilarious that he's raging against us while "colleting" Citizens and Parnis, and telling us he'll fit in better with the snobs over at VRF/TRF lol.

Buddy, they wouldn't let you park their cars...

We "poor boys" need to watch out for one another, and I woudn't let the the snobs at TRF/VRF park MY cars, much less a self-styled regal amphibian. :lol:

Also, in terms of quality, I do not see how most Parnis matches up to the latest Noob iterations of the Panerais.

Goodbye Kingfrog, you will not be missed. Back to the pond you go, hippity hop.  

when I read the 7750 movements are hit and miss and have specific "rules" not to bust the movement. At over $350 I was not going to roll the dice. So I Then I was looking for a gen but decided I did not want o spend thousands on another watch (one is enough)...

Ever read the instructions for setting the date on "your gen Rolex?"

• 1 month later...

I've been away for quite sometime, though sorry to hear TTK (Neal) might no longer be with us, I dropped out about the time Neal got banned. One of you mentioned The Zigmeister, thought he stopped doing rep repairs. Ubiquitous and I met some years ago for sushi in Manhattan Beach, great fellow. So many great people on this forum, Star (Tim) TommyQ, George in Greece and the list goes on.

I was recently reinvigorated by accidentally stumbling on to TC's blog...I'm agast, something ethereal happened, before I could gain self control I had ordered his rendition of the very stunning 16610 LV...anxiously awaiting, must have !!!!!

As an aside to the banned FROG SCHMUCK as I type this my wrist time is occupied with a 116613 also have a gen. Sub R serial and. Brietling Avenger and many fine reps.

Cheers to all, nice to be back. I wear them all with equal Pride

Edited by alfa1
  • Like 2

As an aside to the banned FROG SCHMUCK as I type this my wrist time is occupied with a 116613 also have a gen. Sub R serial and. Brietling Avenger and many fine reps.

Cheers to all, nice to be back. I wear them all with equal Pride

Welcome back alfa1 and your statement about wearing them all with equal pride succinctly sums it up about what it should be like for each one of us here:

Pick your own watch, and wear it well. Gen, modified, replica, or canal street trash, as long as it makes you happy, it is serving its purpose well.

Welcome back alfa1 and your statement about wearing them all with equal pride succinctly sums it up about what it should be like for each one of us here:

Pick your own watch, and wear it well. Gen, modified, replica, or canal street trash, as long as it makes you happy, it is serving its purpose well.

+1

The watch i love The most and enjoy is my trash sub its not gen Like but means The World to me

post-61085-0-58273100-1426432289_thumb.j