When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cheapest

jankoxxx

hey guys, I recently bought a gen rolex 16600 but I am too afraid to wear it as I noticed some weird looks walking down the street, bus stop and in the subway... has anybody else experienced the same? I am of small build and I am afraid that I could get robbed, raped or even killed now because of the watch :( Its not like I can just go and return it so would you suggest me to buy a replica?

Many thanks for any comment,

J.

Well if you sure there is a danger with wearing it you Got 2 option

1 dont wear a brand watch People know

2 buff up and and build some muscle so People dont [censored] with you ;)

Either way alot of People worldwide get Robbed because They look rich so its a risk if your too afraid to wear it option 1 is to go

• Like 1

Are they raping you for wearing a genuine Rolie these days :p

But seriously, if you feel not comfortable with a Rolex on the wrist. Sadly, sell the watch and get yourself a Casio..

Or just get Ezio as a friend who flies over you with a big bombing bird :D

well you never know what happens. you hear a lot of stuff nowdays in the TV about boys getting raped and stuff so one gets worried :( but it these weird looks really spoil the feeling of a brand new shining rollie on my wrist :( I wish I was bigger and stronger or perhaps I should learn Karate? But that will not help much especially against a junkie with a HIV infected needle in his hand :( I think I really will consider a replica watch to avoid this situation. What do you think?

I think if you really feel this way and you really feel in danger wearing an expensive watch. You shouldn't wear a replica because these are so close to gen these days. Just buy a "cheap" watch so you will feel safe..

I'm wondering now, where do you live? And is this a real problem there or is this just between your ears/a feeling? 

Or just get Ezio as a friend who flies over you with a big bombing bird :D

Been out with a few of those in my time  :partytime:

Mate if you feel nervous wearing a Gen Rolex then wearing a rep that looks the same ain't gonna help, 99% of people out there don't take a blind bit of notice what's on your arm but you need to ask yourself a question, is it better to be robbed of a Gen Rolex or a Rep? ......................................you got it the answer is neither.

Buy a Casio like the man said.. 

I live in Dublin, Ireland and I think I understand now. You say I should not buy rep watches as people might confuse them with gen watch and kill/rape me anyway? I think I will need to get some muscles to protect my watch. I dont think they will let me return it at the shop. A lot of people wear watches on the left wrist. Do you think it would help to wear my rollie on the right wrist? Maybe people will think that I dont have a watch and will not kill/rape me?

I'm sorry to say but I think you are over thinking this mate ;)

And if you really do feel this way. Sell the watch and get yourself the Casio like I said before, that's the only solution to feel safe

Edited by martijnp
  • Like 1

I live in Dublin, Ireland and I think I understand now. You say I should not buy rep watches as people might confuse them with gen watch and kill/rape me anyway? I think I will need to get some muscles to protect my watch. I dont think they will let me return it at the shop. A lot of people wear watches on the left wrist. Do you think it would help to wear my rollie on the right wrist? Maybe people will think that I dont have a watch and will not kill/rape me?

You could get your ass back to chronomag if you'd wish.

Interesting topic.  At first I thought you were kidding.  Sorry to hear that you have that much fear about being in public with your watch.  Ever thought about carrying a handgun, lifting some weights, taking personal protection classes or something like that to maybe increase your confidence and reduce your fears?  I travel a lot and occasionally end up in some less than nice areas where there are high crime rates, but have never been scared about it or thought twice about wearing my watch in any environment.    

a gun seems to be a good solution. i think i should get one but i think it will not be easy here in ireland. even the police carries no guns over here :(

i dont understand the weird comms about trolling. can you explain?

It´s completely different to drive a car when wearing the gen. Thieves are on the lookout for Rolxx.

Option 1: don´t wear a Rolxx.

Option 2: either get the 16600 BP Seadweller rep or the heavy DSSD, cheap phone, no wallet for wearing, using and training;

Once You feel comfortable wear the gen or continue using the rep.

You could get your ass back to chronomag if you'd wish.

Onze, you know noooooooooooooooooothing! :D

Give a look to his join date: the chronofag stuff is just less than 1 month old.

Funny use of English from the OP anyway: unless you're a pretty bird I seriously doubt that someone will RAPE you because of your Rollie :)

This has to be a troll. People don't talk like that. 

who in their right mind is scared of getting raped for wearing a nice watch? I'm a weedy guy myself and often go out with an explorer on my wrist. I don't flash it around and wear it like any other watch and people notice it just about as much as my seiko.