When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD modded/finished. Many thanks SSTeel (Micky)

astonjenks

After some time and a number of personal variations, Micky has completed my latest version of Noobs DSSD. Micky is an artist without question and the list of what he has done is as follows:

Transplanted a NOS Swiss ETA movement (RADO)

Replaced original dial with fully relumed dial, hands and pearl to match (red second hand personal option which I love!)

Removed and double AR Coated crystal

DWO from TC

Waterproofed

Timed to within a second of her life to COSC standards

I am delighted how she looks, the entire project and would liek to publicly thank you Micky for your sterling work.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-20077400-1427838638_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have a red second hand on my franken DSSD and was the first to post such a combination here on RWG. The idea came from watchfreund who sold me the watch. Definitely breaks up the grey/black monotony! ;)

Your DSSD definitely looks stunning, could do with some platinum paint mod on the insert? 

Kudos to SSteel and you for completion of this project! :)

I have a red second hand on my franken DSSD and was the first to post such a combination here on RWG. The idea came from watchfreund who sold me the watch. Definitely breaks up the grey/black monotony! ;)

Your DSSD definitely looks stunning, could do with some platinum paint mod on the insert?

Kudos to SSteel and you for completion of this project! :)

Let's give this beauty it's 15 minutes of undivided fame before we start name dropping ourselves and one upping.

Absolutely Gorgeous watch!!!

Thanks Guys

Indeed Legend I believe I saw yours and said when we next mod mine it must go 'red' :-)

Mike, this indeed did start as the blue/black dial that I bought at a crazy price, however has gone through at least two iterations since!

She's on her way to me, more photos to follow!

Regards

AJ

Not quite today Andy, a job that should of been done today has taken much longer than expected, so will get your PPP mod started before the weekend, I have found to do it right, and the best possible finish I will remove the insert from the bezel assembly, and remove the pearl, then remove old bezel paint after a soak in acetone, and then start with the first PPP coating :)

To see the various stages and some pop samples, and WIP shots, take a look at the link below..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gsi-r/sets/72157651682839491/