When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm Screwed.

Ethan

Please help me.

I have fourteen watches. Some are gens, and some are reps. I don't have a specific 'brand'; I collect watches because I like the individual piece. I collect reps based on how accurate the reproduction is, and how much I like both the functionality, and the... 'form-factor', if you will. It's a mixed bag: Rollies, PP, Cartier, Breitling, Breguet, VC, Maurice Lacroix - you name it. So:

My first PAM arrived today...

Now, I've been here a while, and I've read all your 'PAM-Fever' posts. I have regarded these with the same cool scepticism that I regard 'golf-fever'. I play golf. I am good at golf. I enjoy golf. But I don't give a rat's ass who wins what tournament, who's at the top of the board at any given time, or whether Tiger or Vijay is 'off'. I never caught the fever; I just like the game. But this is different... From the moment my new 196 7753 slid heavily out of it's comfortable bubble wrap and into my sweaty outstretched hand, to it's final, intimidating positioning on my left wrist, I have been mesmerised. THIS is not a watch. THIS is a friggin' steeple clock. Now, my administrative office is on the 61st floor, and I'm pretty sure that if I dropped this baby out the window, it wouldn't just kill somebody - it would impact into the earth with such tremendous force that the resultant dust-cloud sent into the atmosphere would be massive enough to blot out all light and send us into another F*CKING ICE AGE. For the last hour-and-a-half, I have answered my telephone with the phrase, "I'm listening", and have hung up the phone on any of my staff who have not immediately replied with, "I need a Transporter".

I have emailed the Magnificent Joshua with an immediate, rush order for two more RIGHT NOW. I mean, RIGHT NOW. YESTERDAY. They cannot possibly arrive fast enough. The 199 Joe posted about this morning. The 092 Arktos. I am so impatient I make Nais look like the freakin' Emperor Hadrian. Aaron's already got a desperate order for a jet-black stingray strap blinking menacingly in his hotmail inbox.

Somebody help me. I wasn't ready. I should have listened. The Horror... The Horror...

:Jumpy:

Now guys everyone help Ken, the first step to solving a problem is to embrace the problem and admit it to the fellow members.

Denial is a bad sign.

I too got my first PAM recently......TODAY.......and it will be swiftly followed by at least 3 maybe 4 more, it is awesome. And straps......ah too much choice.....

It's worse than the plague this Pam bug BTW.

Enjoy.

The aftermath...

It's 11:00EST, my wife's gone to bed, and here I am in my den typing up the end of my first Panerai day.

I did in fact spend the rest of the day answering the phone as Jason Statham, and almost everyone (my Senior Programmer WOULD NOT play along - so he got hung up on a lot) obliged me with the required, "I need a Transporter". I cruised the hallways lopsided from the sheer weight of the watch, and entered every meeting I had, watch-first. I used the phrase, "check it out" more times in two hours than I have my whole life. If anyone in my meetings did not immediately notice what I now call, "The Rock", I made sure I singled them out in the meeting when I was positive they weren't paying attention, demanded immediate statistics that they couldn't possibly come up with on the spot, and then while they stammered out their pathetic half-answer to the entire group, I amused myself by catching the lens-bleed from the lite-pro projection system in the 196's massive face, and blinding them with it. On my way past reception from the client lounge, I overheard some kid say, "...I mean, it's just a watch". I immediately turned and chased him up the stairs, but with The Rock hanging off my arm like a full-sized, ornamental Submariner anchor, I couldn't catch him. I had to stop on the landing to catch my breath (and I run four days a week), and have a cookie from the snack trolley on the landing. Only, I couldn't fit my hand through the opening in the cookie jar with The Rock on my wrist, and my brain was by that point so depleted of oxygen from my weighted run up the stairs, that I didn't think to use my other hand until it was too late... I have since ordered both the 199 Riviera and the 092 Arktos.

So, let this be a lesson to all of those who are today where I was yesterday:

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

:)

Uh ohhhhhhhhhhh...

Do you realize what this means? This means I am THE LAST PERSON on the planet who doesn't own a Panerai.

Panerai. PANERAI. Until just now I have never even typed that word... I've just glanced at it in passing.

And now I've.... I've....

:huh:

I............... typed it? I TYPED IT??????

Holy smokes. I feel it coming... I can feel the ground shaking... the BUG is coming...

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! :blink:

Just take the plunge, fellow snow-dweller. Nothing would go better with those huge mountaineering boots and goretex.

u should have saved your money on the arktos for the modds for the 199 , lmao im kidding with u , i think the sub is big enough though really i do lol glad my review helped u in buying another one lol

• 2 years later...