When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Price Of Hublot Big Bang?

elprimerozen

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there are a couple of fundamental truths here:

1) Most people will buy fromt he cheapest legit dealer. All things being equal if dealer A if significantly cheaper than dealer B he will sell more.

2) $450 for an Asian 7750 based watch is a lot. Based on prices we are used to seeing it is quite a bit more and that has freaked some people out.

3) The Big Bang may not have a lot of common flaws but is still not 1:1 perfect and all of that, if nothing else because of the movement.

So some people will buy from Angus because they appreciate his GREAT communication on the boards. I don't know if the input we gave him really made any difference or not but it is great to have that line of communication open. I think other dealers would do well by more open communication of this nature. But at the end of the day MOST people will buy from wherever if the cheapest and I don't think any $450 Asain based watch will but a huge seller.

Now, drop the price $100 and it will FLY off the shelves. I don't know if it can be sold for that or anything else but I am willing to bet that the first dealer to get it that low (if it is possible) will sell a TON of them.

We all must go to china as a group to talk and see with Josh..Andrew and more dealers the way that a rep is made.and have lunch!!It will be great for all af us :group: .....and finaly be in peace!!!! :)

To be honest, the factory could be cool, but i'm always interested in business models. I travel and meet people and ask them (Without being rude) about how their business operates. I am really curious about what percentage of their business is related to forum? how much online or are they doing wholesaling. I mean i have to imagine there is not a huge mass market for the high end reps. Your not sending huge amts out to canal street. Having said that it always seems there is a never ending flow of folks who want to come to the board to offer the same watches that our current dealers already carry.

I don't care about how much money they are making, i'm more fascinated with the process. and the distribution - what percentage gets seized, to what level have they had trouble with "the law" seems to me that josh and andrew have decided to alot more out there and public - i.e. the website. Paul gets his taken down at least once a year. silix, king have all had to change theirs, I mean, all of this is super interesting to me.

I have a concern as mentioned in one of the other threads about these new super reps being sold as gens by less ethical dealers or even less ethical purchasers - who then become re-sellers. i guess the volume isn't enough to turn heads, but whenever the wave does come, the "evidence/ examples" will be pretty convincing

:) ah - get em while you can, cause who knows - thats what i tell my wife anyway :)

There are some other reps on the way and right now, its not convenient to share some of those projects openly in the Forums till they are more finalised. Like I say, I dont want to create all the hype =)

?

I have a master's degree in Marketing and let me tell you this, creating a hype is a good thing (if you want to increase sales that is)! It's called hype marketing and this form of marketing was also used by Red Bull for succesfully conquering the European market (Google it if you like)!

Edited by Rolexman

?

I have a master's degree in Marketing and let me tell you this, creating a hype is a good thing (if you want to increase sales that is)! It's called hype marketing and this form of marketing was also used by Red Bull for succesfully conquering the European market (Google it if you like)!

Just FYI, Red Bull is not an american drink, its from Austria and it has been spread all over Europe ever since I can think. If Red Bull conquered a market, it was the US market ;)

I never said it was an American drink.. I know it's roots (technically it's an altered Japanese drink) . After Austria it conquered Germany and after that the rest of Europe.... They used a waterfall expansion strategy and not a sprinkler strategy. At first Red Bull was prohibited in many European countries eventhough it was sold in Austria. After some time legislation changed, EG guidelines etc. etc.

I don't want to go into the details but believe me when I say that Red Bulls' succes in Europe relied a great deal on hype marketing! FYI: It's initial success in America was never as big as in Europe!

Enough with the thread crapping. You got my point right?

Edited by Rolexman

but what do you do when it's not avliable because angus bought all of the watches that were made? lol

uh oh!

Wow.. So you think Angus is kind enough to loan me the watches for pics ?

I would think you are matured enough to tell that is a wild cliam. I won't dare to make such a claim.

Acually since I got in on the pre-order with Angus the price I got was quite a bit cheaper than both Trusty and Joshua (when you factor in shipping) and it should be getting here anytime now. So while you guys keep bragging that you came up with the whole idea, do you even have pics up yet?

MK08

Edited by MK08

personally if i ever buy a bb it will be from josh or andrew. i maybe know a little more about this saga than average from an email conversation with josh, but mainly i would buy from them because they both have always treated me well on every rep sale!

i also find the whole concept of a limited edition rep absurd. limited edition marketing is driven by hard core collectors. we have been told repeatedly that the forum collectors represent a tiny fraction of the rep market. that statement makes economic sense and i believe it to be true. so when the average rep buyer looks at a row of watches the and bb is double an iwc or smp chrono i can't see the whole "it's a limited edition" argument having much impact.

the rep makers will squeeze every dime or yuan or euro they can out of this project. panerai can make a few very minor changes to a watch and make 500 or 1000 and charge a limited edition premium because they have a well heeled collectors market. the rep makers don't :rolleyes:

2) $450 for an Asian 7750 based watch is a lot. Based on prices we are used to seeing it is quite a bit more and that has freaked some people out.

US dollar is weak at the moment. Think that's also a reason to make this watch more expensive in dollars. Never been so happy with the euro as nowadays, SS HBB = 413.00 USD = 315.229 EUR at xe.com at the moment. :)

Wow.. So you think Angus is kind enough to loan me the watches for pics ?

I would think you are matured enough to tell that is a wild cliam. I won't dare to make such a claim.

i know much more than you think and i am not making any wild claims. lol

Edited by hk45ca

MK08..

We had the pictures since more than 24 hours ago...

LINK: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q84/perfect-trust/

password: perfecttrust

We didnt borrow the watches from Angus of course.. LOL.

LOL...

Andrew

Is it just me, or does your rose gold bezel Hublot Big Bang NOT have a carbon fibre dial? at least it looks like it on the pictures!