When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice/assistance required with non paying member

astonjenks

So is it time to name and shame so others don't get taken advantage of A?

Please do AJ. Protecting the forum from this harmful behavior seems far more important than being nice to the person causing all this trouble.

• Like 1

Behaviour like this sucks, it really does. And to do it to a trusting, stand up member like AJ stinks.

If the buyer was genuine they'd find the money, or ask the seller to hold the watch for whatever time it took, not send it and pay (whatever %age) later.

Hope it gets sorted ASAP Andy, and that the member is named too.

Name and shame AJ  

On another, non watch, forum years ago I was scammed. I had the guys address so I just sent several letters without a stamp on them over the course of a couple of months. The guy would be contacted by the post office to say he had a letter waiting collection with a fee to pay. He'd then waste his time travelling to the post office to find out that it was just a demand from me. The first one he paid for the rest I have no idea, but eventually I had £50 appear in my bank account and a PM on the forum to 'please stop'. It cost me next to nothing and him lots of wasted time. 

• Like 1

So is it time to name and shame so others don't get taken advantage of A?

This is AJ's thread, and out of respect for him, I would let him name the guy, even though I was involved in the same saga.

I think AJ would agree with me if I call him a pathological liar, going by his texts and actions. @astonjenks

To be fair to AJ, he has resolved this issue with the buyer, and I doubt he would name the guy. :)

My issue with this same buyer surfaced after he has reached a settlement with AJ, and I am bumping the thread to let members here be aware that what I experienced is not an isolated incident.

I Havent heard of this before now im sorry AJ hate these things 

but a great guy let me pay 80% procent once and sent me The watch because of my PP limit was reached and i

let me pay The rest when it was ready it was 3 months cant believe he had The trust and ofcourse paid The same day it opened that is what our forum is a gentleman's lounge but yes there Will always be a bad Apple In the batch 

glad it Worked out but now it seems its happened again im not normally a guy wanting to name & shame but this we need to get out and ignore him In The future if he wants to buy maybe even Ban him ? 

I salute you @astonjerks let me send you a PP gift  for a round on me 

you helped me multiple times with alot of stuff and your are a example we all Can live by nothing more nothing less your just a good guy :) 

I know this member in question. Recently, this same guy wasted 2 weeks of my time, insisting that he made a bank transfer for a watch that he was interested in.

The funds transfer never arrived and he kept making a host of excuses. The watch in question was finally sold to AJ, who is a stand up guy and have no mythical "But the unicorn ate my grandmother" type of excuses when sending payment. 

The buyer is based in Australia, and I would ask the rest of you guys to be careful when dealing with people like that. His modus operandi:

- Sends you a screenshot that he added you as a payee for bank transfer and then claiming that the transfer was done. No screenshot of the transfer (which he could easily have done if funds were sent) and then an assortment of excuses that becomes very painful to listen to.

- Would send paypal immediately if he really wants to buy something. 

Just a heads up guys. This guy can be a major waste of time. 

As an upstanding member of this board who's dear Grandmother was recently eaten alive by a Unicorn, I am offended sir! Offended!

• Like 1

As an upstanding member of this board who's dear Grandmother was recently eaten alive by a Unicorn, I am offended sir! Offended!

LOL and guys like you, with the wicked humor, is just another reason why I love RWG. I was having breakfast when reading your post. I had to get the table cloth shortly after. Haha!

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Glad that the deal finally worked out. My suggestion that AJ reveal the name of the culprit, was based on the deal going south completely.

While I can understand that deals can run into snags, and in most cases, sometimes with some "gentle persuasion" from mods, the deal gets finalized. In those other cases where after exhausting every possible avenue the deal isn't completed, it is probably best for the protection of all members, to reveal the name of the member who goes back on the deal. How many times have we seen less than honest members take advantage of the trust of others and before they are "outed" several other members have fallen victim to the scammer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk