When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Wristies thread

Legend

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"Nice!"

Thanks!

"Did you make your own movement spacer?"

Yes, it is made out of a brass flat washer.  Can't remember the original size but I had 6 or 8 machined and now they are 31.6mm OD, 24.0mm ID, and 2.25mm thick.  Only the OD was cut down at first, the center hole is same as when purchased.  A friend cut them on a shop lathe because my Sherline lathe is small and would take too long, it is Ok for sizing the rough cut spacers to cases and movements though.  These spacers work fine for projects using cases made for rolex 12.5 ligne and ETA 11.5 ligne movemets.  The ID is a little bit too big for the Hattori movement as it is 23.6mm so I had to push a thin metal movement spacer in between the movement and brass spacer.  Not a very good solution but it works.  Next time, I'll use a spacer with the correct ID if I can find any flat washers to make them.

All I have to do myself is use the Sherline lathe to machine the brass blanks to fit a specific watch/movement. 

"Nice! where did you source the watch hands? They look pretty good!"

Thanks!

The hands are pretty flat and came from ST...'Tudor Style Sub Hands'...RH-TD/SUB-W.

Got the bracelet from a 'Crazy Sale' AK/Explorer from 'Paul' @ Abay, 2005 or so.

The dial came from RWG member 'Stilty' around 2011 iirc.

The case from a guy on the 'net in March 2003.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...