When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Think Our Dealers Are Filthy Rich!

Rolexman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know a guy here in town who is both not very bright and a social retard besides. he owns two small coffee houses here and one in chico.

he drives a 2004 M5 and a 2003 carrera. has a great house in a lovely old neighborhood that's just been completely remodeled with the best of everything and just built a 4 car garage in back that's completely finished and heated and air conditioned. oh, and picked up a 2003 M3 yesterday...

i am in the wrong business!!!

Well I know of a guy who is not very bright, and is socially inept but still managed to buy into two oil companies, a major league baseball team, went on to become governor of Tx and later President of the US.. but alas, i digress

25,000usd a month ?

it means one has to be even richer than the prime ministers of uk, canada, or even the president of usa.....etc...

if a dealer can sell 10 pcs a day.....tough luck!!!! not bloody likely.....

if a dealer can sell 10 pcs a day,,,,he or she would have nailed by the authority already.....

if i were to make 25000usd a month by watches,,,i would have quit my well paying job at the pharmaceutical filed...and invest a "[censored]" house or build a [censored] house

in a 30 rooms mansion in Argentina or Venezuela...and dress like " ALI G ", driving my bullet proof AMG...no joke....this is my dream.....

believe me,,,,,i have a dream too......my dream is to be a pimp, a pimp master,,,,,sugardaddy in my own [censored] house.

BY THE WAY, MATES ON TRC, RWG, RWCC, WT...all of you guys are invited to my [censored] house...and i will offer the best rate for the best rate entertainment.

( sorry Drinks not included,,,so B.Y.O.B.-Bring your own booze)

the biggest winner in the trade will always be the manufacturers.

You mean you don't already dress like ALI G? That's the shock of the day!

Better goals have never heard outlined...

But to be fair, EL is in Canada... in China it's a different story... you could probably own a whorehouse and an AMG for what EL makes at his legit job...

But I do have to wonder about numbers of watches sold... I mean just from our forums alone the number of users and the number of watch reviews and dealer reviews makes me believe sales can't be that slow...

Just a side note: Can't really think of anything more pathetic than people who boast about their salary... online of offline. I guess the only thing lower is to boast about the size of your dick.

I just met a guy (friend of a friend) a few weeks ago in a party... and he was a type of person who loved his own voice. He told me that he earns about 10K € a month (he said he was an airline pilot). But he tried to disguise this pathetic bragging to sentences like "I don't think 10K a month is a lot, do you?"

I answered to him that "No... I make that in two weeks." I don't really know what airline pilots make... and I don't care. The guy looked like a mix between Captain Kangaroo and Woody Allen...suffering from a Napoleon complex. So I guess that was the real reason to his behaviour.

I couldn't care LESS what the dealers (or any other people) make. Other people's salary and income is none of my business. If I want gossip I'll read Elle or Cosmopolitan. :lol:

Just a side note: Can't really think of anything more pathetic than people who boast about their salary... online of offline. I guess the only thing lower is to boast about the size of your [censored].

I just met a guy (friend of a friend) a few weeks ago in a party... and he was a type of person who loved his own voice. He told me that he earns about 10K € a month (he said he was an airline pilot). But he tried to disguise this pathetic bragging to sentences like "I don't think 10K a month is a lot, do you?"

I answered to him that "No... I make that in two weeks." I don't really know what airline pilots make... and I don't care. The guy looked like a mix between Captain Kangaroo and Woody Allen...suffering from a Napoleon complex. So I guess that was the real reason to his behaviour.

I couldn't care LESS what the dealers (or any other people) make. Other people's salary and income is none of my business. If I want gossip I'll read Elle or Cosmopolitan. :lol:

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm a newbie but the fact of the matter is that markets are efficient. Thus, if these guys were making that much cheese more powerful players would get involved........i.e. the mob........[censored] [censored]ing government officals would be selling us these watches........Andrew you're not president of China are you?

25,000usd a month ?

it means one has to be even richer than the prime ministers of uk, canada, or even the president of usa.....etc...

if a dealer can sell 10 pcs a day,,,,he or she would have nailed by the authority already.....

if i were to make 25000usd a month by watches,,,i would have quit my well paying job at the pharmaceutical filed...and invest a "[censored]" house or build a [censored] house

in a 30 rooms mansion in Argentina or Venezuela...and dress like " ALI G ", driving my bullet proof AMG...no joke....this is my dream.....

believe me,,,,,i have a dream too......my dream is to be a pimp, a pimp master,,,,,sugardaddy in my own [censored] house.

BY THE WAY, MATES ON TRC, RWG, RWCC, WT...all of you guys are invited to my [censored] house...and i will offer the best rate for the best rate entertainment.

where do i sign up? lmoa :thumbsupsmileyanim::victory:

also will u be selling villas ? i think i would like this place to be my getaway home for the summers, lol :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hypothetically, if someone were to charge $45 to blow dust off the dial of every watch they opened they could probably buy a villa really quick. Speaking hypothetically, that is. One could probably get good money from all sorts of hypothetically unsound business practices like hypothetically holding my watch for 2-3 months, hypothetically not returning calls or emails, and then hypothetically charging me $25 "processing fee" to get the watch and money back. Hypothetically speaking, that is. :thumbdown:

As for dealers, I have no problem with them running a successful business. I do hate that some of the prices have been rising and that will lead me to purchase less watches - but I am sure they understand the economics of that.

God Bless Capitalism and on that note I also say God Bless those who provide excellent customer service. :punk:

hypothetically, if someone were to charge $45 to blow dust off the dial of every watch they opened they could probably buy a villa really quick. Speaking hypothetically, that is. One could probably get good money from all sorts of hypothetically unsound business practices like hypothetically holding my watch for 2-3 months, hypothetically not returning calls or emails, and then hypothetically charging me $25 "processing fee" to get the watch and money back. Hypothetically speaking, that is. :thumbdown:

As for dealers, I have no problem with them running a successful business. I do hate that some of the prices have been rising and that will lead me to purchase less watches - but I am sure they understand the economics of that.

:thumbsupsmileyanim::lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

in the end...all kind of ILLEGAL business brings a lot of money...but someone takes great risk in doing ILLEGAL biz...not sure if I could do it...

I completely agree. The problem with illegal businesses is that you need a lot of capital, you can be shut down at any time, go to jail, face lawsuits . . . and most likely you're not to looking at a very lengthy career. It's not "easy" money. Go read Freakanomics sometime . . . the odds of making money, let alone getting rich, as a drug dealer is much lower than it is to go to school, study and get a decent job. There's a reason why most people who don't have to, don't get into non-white collar crime. People listen to too much gangsta rap these days.

My friend decided to get into the bookie business -- after a couple of years he quit. He said the toughest thing is that he'd have times when he'd have to pay out $15,000 at once after getting killed in the Super Bowl or World Series and then he'd not be able to sleep at night, knowing a couple of more big losses like that and he'd be ruined. He made a nice little profit all in all but not really that much return consider he had to have tens of thousands in cash tied up. and said that it was just too stressful for him . . . he had to deal with about 100 emails and calls a day, people trying to weasel out of paying on losses, people threatening to call the police if he didn't pay them the same day (often the same people, not surprisingly -- clients are hypocrites like that, I'm sure watch sellers know what that's like). And he couldn't get [censored] because he needed their business, and it was illegal anyways. He had to carry a lot of cash and rub a lot of elbows. He thought it would be cool and make him a player, and it did, sort of. But it was a ton of work, more than he wanted to put in.

It's a lot easier to be a consumer than it is to be a provider, someone bitching about what dealers make and acts like they are running some kind of sweet scam don't know the work it takes to run any successful operation. If Trusty and Andrew are making skilled businessmen money, that's because they ARE skilled businessmen. If they weren't in the rep biz they'd be successful doing something else. Just because they're nice guys don't forget to give them credit. Any idiot can't do what they do, only idiots think they can.

25,000usd a month ?

I know that Paul actually sold about 10-20 watches per day in the past.

But I'll visit you at your whorehouse, too, lemme know once you open it ;)

DOH!

:lol:

First of all I'd like to start by saying this is one of the tackier threads I've read here. I agree with those that have said, who cares what they make... ain't none of my business.

This is the same thing I hear all the time about doctor's salaries. People are amazed when they find out the true stories. Sure it is possible to make good money, but most M.D.'s are just getting by. People tend to forget that there is much more to real life economics than getting your paycheck and cashing it. For example in the U.S. when you graduate from med school you are most likely strapped with a $200,000 debt to start off your new career. It would be nice if after med school you could start making 6 figures, but no wait... there is something called residency and fellowship which can run anywhere from 4 to 10 years with a salary of $40,000. Then when you get out to practice, if you want to open up a private practice there are the millions of dollars you have to lay out for office equipment, etc... Then I don't even want to talk about malpractice insurance... OB-GYN are paying on average $100,000 in insurance premiums a year. Sure there are the plastic surgeons who are millionaires, but most definitely aren't. Trust me I know. So you have to be wary before jumping to conclusions on how much someone actually makes or does not make. Unless you are in the business yourself, you cannot know all the stuff that can eat away at a business that might seem so lucrative when just given a cursory once over.

Eddy

Hi all

Indeed an interesting thread to read.. esp. after Eddie posted in here. I will love to visit his whorehouse. I know his taste is CLASS. =)

Replica trade is not an easy trade to dabble with. You can ask the Dealers in here... PAYPAL problems, chargebacks, idiotic customers (dont look at yourself and laugh!), threatening emails for replacements, Delivery issues, New stocks issues, Repairs and many other problems..

I live my life for the past 4 years on these boards. I spend about at least 8 hours on the comp to finish emails, process orders and all the blah blah work on the website. Sometimes or many a time.. I wish I can stop and go on a holiday with my wife and kids (Yes... 3 lovely boys)... but sadly I can't because there are just too many things happening and things need to go on at least for the next 3-5 years. The day I retire will be the day you guys see me talking alot on the Boards.

I love to read everything you guys posted but time does not permit me to post too much.. =P

Whether it is USD25K a month, or USD2.5K a month... let's face this. At least, you save millions (All of you added up together) from not buying from scam sites.

**PS: Maybe I should also run a scam site** LOL..

Andrew

I choked on my butter tart reading this one...hypothetically speaking of course...

:whistling:

Guest leonado

Anytime you are in business for yourself you put in many many hours. In addition, you carry the risk of total failure but at the same time the reward of success $$$.

It is quite easy to get in the rep game but most people are too risk averse or have other legit successful businesses going, so why bother...

If you still want to be a rep dealer, relocate to Thailand or China and have a go at it...

L