When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

78350 19mm bracelet fix?

dieselpower

As I am in watch mode at the moment I was wondering if anybody could advise me on the following:

58c2678e402cf_photo(1).thumb.JPG.2f73895990734eddfc9d02a7e0223ab3.JPG

On the left is a rep 78350 19mm bracelet from an EE daytona (anybody remember those) and it is missing the two screws that join the links together (top and bottom) which clearly renders it useless.

On the right is my 1952 gen and I'd like to use the daytona rep bracelet on it but because of those missing screws I am donald ducked. Any ideas?

The bracelet on my gen is a gen folded link 7835 which I was considering selling to claw back some money on my recent 1680 purchase. Hence the need for the rep bracelet fix. I hope it's ok to post this little conundrum in this section rather than in the WTB section but as I don't know exactly what it is I need I thought I'd ask the experts first.

If that makes sense.

Which it probably doesn't.

Cheers.

Pins arrived today. They fitted through the hole in the links. They were the same screwthread as the other side of the link and screwed in nicely. Trouble is the 'shaft' of the pin is tool long and sticks out about 1mm even when fully screwed in to the limit. Back to the drawing board. AArgh.

Notice each link is a different width, they taper to the clasp, hence the long screws. Get thyself a fine hacksaw, file and Dremel cutoff wheel. Cut thy length most appropriate and slightly long then file thy tiny bit with alacrity. Upon reaching thine desired length, cut thee a new screw head slot in thine now-most-groovy shorter screw pin.

All hail the great 'Nook for he hath spoken with great wisdom and gravity. The Gods are shining on me for I already possess the fine dremelling apparatus but needs must gain purchase of a hacksaw of minute detail barely visible to the keen eye. I shall set upon my quest post haste and mine heart grows light and leaps as an hart with eager anticipation at the fine viands and divers wines to be consumed once victory is mine.