When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm One Step Closer To My Dream!

thomasng

This afternoon, I recieved a delivery card from Canada Post, and I was so excited at the thought of recieving the Ti IWC GST I had ordered from Craytonic a week ago.

Instead, when I went to pick up the letter, I found out it was not a package, but a simple envelope from the University of Toronto sent by registered mail on Monday. I tore open the envelope in excitement, and lo behold, my life has changed! :D I have been approved for PhD studies in Management and Economics at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto this coming September 2007. I sent my application in early, and I was surprised that I had already recieved an offer, as the application deadline was January 2 I think.

Dreams in life do come true if you work hard towards them (that was the motto of my high school "Success through hard work") and that is what I have learned from all this. :) Now I hope I can join the faculty of the University of Toronto after graduation from the PhD, and slowly work my way up to professor. :)

These were the qualifications I had:

- Completed International Baccalaureate Diploma with a score of 42 out of 45

- "A" average in all 4 years of undergraduate studies in Commerce at the University of Toronto

- "A-" average in 2 years of MBA study at The University of Western Ontario

- 10 years work experience in Finance/Accounting

- Chartered Accountant professional designation.

- Thorough involvement in the community and volunteer experience

Congradulations!!

Your motto from your High School days has sure paid handsomly.

Learning all the lessons of life takes a life time. It sure is nice to

see other people take pride in their academic achivements.

I work in an enviornment that forces learning to take precedence to

actually having face time in the office.

When I am on U of T. campus I'll look for an IWC on a wrist, and maybe we'll chat.

Best of luck with your impending studies.

R.P.

- "A" average in all 4 years of undergraduate studies in Commerce at the University of Toronto

I mean is there a Uni anywhere that knock back these qualifications? :blink:

Congratulations Thomas and all the best for the future :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

Congrats man! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My wife is working towards her PhD in Philosophy, just finishing up her Masters. You've got a long road still ahead, but with your credentials it looks like you'll do great!

Instead, when I went to pick up the letter, I found out it was not a package, but a simple envelope from the University of Toronto sent by registered mail on Monday. I tore open the envelope in excitement, and lo behold, my life has changed!

Boom! Fortune favours the brave. Congratulations, I bet you're glad you turned down the job in London now. :D

When dreams meet with reality - what a rush - earned success is the best success - it is yours and can never be taken away from you - best of everything to you in your new endevour !!!!!!

This afternoon, I recieved a delivery card from Canada Post, and I was so excited at the thought of recieving the Ti IWC GST I had ordered from Craytonic a week ago.

Instead, when I went to pick up the letter, I found out it was not a package, but a simple envelope from the University of Toronto sent by registered mail on Monday. I tore open the envelope in excitement, and lo behold, my life has changed! :D I have been approved for PhD studies in Management and Economics at the Joseph L. Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto this coming September 2007. I sent my application in early, and I was surprised that I had already recieved an offer, as the application deadline was January 2 I think.

Dreams in life do come true if you work hard towards them (that was the motto of my high school "Success through hard work") and that is what I have learned from all this. :) Now I hope I can join the faculty of the University of Toronto after graduation from the PhD, and slowly work my way up to professor. :)

Congrats Admin! :1a: You took a bold decision, I am glad that you have been accepted as a PhD student at a top university. I agree so much with Raijor: "earned success is the best success". I am also an academic noob, I recently finished a Physics PhD and now I am a postdoc doing full-time research in theoretical physics. I can understand very well your joy and your excitement about the future.

There are lots of ways to try and make a difference in this world, being an academic is a beautiful way of doing so: the work is both analytical and creative, you enjoy a big deal of freedom and you have the opportunity to contribute to human progress in a meaningful way. I hope that you cope well with the long hours and the stress of the PhD and that you will be very happy with your decision.

Admin,

You know a lot about watches

You know a lot about finance and economics.

But in my opinion you have a handle on even greater lessons about life by following your heart instincts rather than simply the dollar (or pound).

Follow your hearts desire, and therein find prosperity, happiness, and fulfillment. I wish all of these things for you, friend Admin.