When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies We're Supposed To Tolerate?

Pugwash

People just ain't no good

I think that's welll understood

You can see it everywhere you look

We were married under cherry trees

Under blossom we made our vows

All the blossoms come sailing down

Through the streets and through the playgrounds

The sun would stream on the sheets

Awoken by the morning bird

We'd buy the Sunday newspapers

And never read a single word

People they ain't no good

Seasons came, Seasons went

The winter stripped the blossoms bare

A different tree now lines the streets

Shaking its fists in the air

The winter slammed us like a fist

The windows rattling in the gales

To which she drew the curtains

Made out of her wedding veils

People they ain't no good at all

To our love send a dozen white lilies

To our love send a coffin of wood

To our love let all the pink-eyed pigeons coo

That people they just ain't no good

To our love send back all the letters

To our love a valentine of blood

To our love let all the jilted lovers cry

That people they just ain't no good

It ain't that in their hearts they're bad

They can comfort you, some even try

They nurse you when you're ill of health

They bury you when you go and die

It ain't that in their hearts they're bad

They'd stick by you if they could

But that's just [censored]

People they ain't no good at all

Let the truth be heard.

Let the honest dealers be praised :notworthy:

OK, I'll calm down a bit, but hopefully the "escalating war of attrition between dealers" [censored] will stop here!

Those who know Jay will not be in the least surprised by his candid response. Let the others now meet his gold standard.

This one is still going on? I say lets make all the truth-in-advertising folks happy and go back to photobuckets and arbitrary pricing - the good old days. :lol: Thanks to those dealers who did comment here though.

Of course, if we are going to stick with descriptions blatant mistakes as on the B&R and Omega 2892 movement do need to be corrected.

IMHO, the real moral of the story is that we will have to be ever more vigilant as to the watches we buy. Anyone who comes upon a dud should be posting to this effect ASAP. That is a core forum principle.

I think we have traveled a little in this thread in a very good direction. Everyone has had their say, some rants but mostly coherant and constructive. Everyone will be asking the right questions of their dealers from now on before their next purchase and our dealers know we appreciate some honesty in their descriptions. I don't mind the 'soft claims' like best or ultimate, this is found everywhere and we know to be warry. The 'hard or misleading claims' is a real problem and hopefully this will start to clear up.

Some of the best watches I have ever bought were from TTK and I really appreciate Silix stepping up qnd joining the discussion. They will get one of my first looks when I am interested in the next watch.

Thanks to Pugwash for starting all of this.

Usil

This one is still going on? I say lets make all the truth-in-advertising folks happy and go back to photobuckets and arbitrary pricing - the good old days. :lol: Thanks to those dealers who did comment here though.

Websites and this forum make dealers money. Going back to shitty old methods that we evolved away from make them less money.

Competition gave us the facility we have today and I think dealers now know that the next evolution in getting our money off us is to stop making [censored] up and conning us. If some dealers realise this and others don't, who are you going to give your money to?

For instance, Josh has a lot to answer for over the appalling travesty that was Finepics's Bell and Dross, but he can easily correct that one and get back to being universally loved by the populace. It's his choice whether or not he wants our support and goodwill, and this goes for other dealers as well. We are their best advert, pointing n00bs in their direction for their first purchase (and you know what dealer loyalty is like) because of their simple websites and great service.

Don't take this as an anti-PerfectClones rant, by the way. I like Josh, and he's got a great reputation. I'm using him as an example simply because of his blatant con B&R. Very bad form, Josh. Man up and sort it. :thumbdown:

The only thing I don't like about this threat is that with over 6.400 views, Puggy is heading for yet another POM.... :winkiss:

At the risk of repeating what has been said by others before - Here on the forum dealers should be honest about what's in their watches (and what not). It doesn't neccesarily mean they would sell less here. While I appreciate the looks of a decorated swiss 6497, I also don't mind the butt-ugly J21 in my Noobmariner.... because, it is reliable, keeps excellent time and helps to make the watch dirt-cheap. Unless you belong to the group of reppies who open and work on their watches, you might never get to see the "engine" of your B&S, Ralex or OMG.

The issue is: as long as you know what you're getting, it's your descision...

There is another side to this however - here on the forum (and on the others) the dealers are facing a large crowd of educated customers and a bunch of noobs, all with tons of research information on their hands and the forums provide us with a tool to share our positive and negative experience... I would rate it dangerous to screw this crowd because news travels fast and you risk being publicly denounced.

People who buy from outside these forums, by way of b2c sites on the net - that's a different story. I would think it is unrealistic to expect sellers who deal in illegal counterfeit goods to show a level of honesty describing their goods which is sometimes not even used in legitimate advertising. I'm not defending this but I'm afraid it's a reality...

Just got chance to read through the discussion. I totally agree with Pugy. I know the rep world is a dirty world, we are dealing with illegal goods, but why could not be honest with each other? Seasoned members go find infomation on the misleading terms/white lies, but how about the new comers? Do new ppl have to pay their lesson before they could get what they are entitled? Now they are new movements out all the time, do mthe first buyers have to be cheated before the public realize what is going on. I love to make money, from the watches I sell to my buyers, but I absolutely hate the felling when my customer call me lier when he felt cheated. My answer to Pugy's call is we run our store as clean as possilbe, and will use this forum more often to share the news and clear doubts. Let the truth be heard.

Thanks for stepping up and addressing this information head on.

Just got chance to read through the discussion. I totally agree with Pugy. I know the rep world is a dirty world, we are dealing with illegal goods, but why could not be honest with each other? Seasoned members go find infomation on the misleading terms/white lies, but how about the new comers? Do new ppl have to pay their lesson before they could get what they are entitled? Now they are new movements out all the time, do mthe first buyers have to be cheated before the public realize what is going on. I love to make money, from the watches I sell to my buyers, but I absolutely hate the felling when my customer call me lier when he felt cheated. My answer to Pugy's call is we run our store as clean as possilbe, and will use this forum more often to share the news and clear doubts. Let the truth be heard.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: You are a saint silix :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It looks like this forum is serving its purpose...buyers and dealers working together to forge a better and more honest representation of replicas. Well done so far in this thread.

I have been collecting replicas since the fall of 2004, seen a lot of things that are good (and bad stuf like experienced loads of replicas loosing screws, display glass falling out, unexpected faux functions, poor finishing of case and clasps, missaligned dials, loose movements, gold plating peeling off and the list goes on) and I am hesitating longer and longer before buying a new replica...maybe its better for me to simply start buying genuine watches again. Truth is replica QC is probably a bigger issue that needs to be looked at than just the plain missrepresentation of some movements. I like dealers like TTK (Neil) that inspects every single watch himself before sending it out. That is probably the best QC we could hope for these days.

Regards

Gunnar :)

Besides, dealers wouldn't be happy to see me get one of their prizes for this post, I suspect. :D

....well, here's someone's chance to show real personal greatness

in any case, judging from the views and responses, you've adressed an issue of great interest for this community which means, you qualify for my "virtual" POM :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've just read some of the dealer website descriptions for the new B&R. ETA 2892 21J automatic movement is the prevailing description. No photos of open casebacks. Given what the photos of the actual movement in this new version of the watch look like these are not accurate claims. I don't know if our dealer community has been scammed into believing they were getting something they were not, or if it's out and out deception, but these claims go way beyond selling something that looks VERY much like a 2892 that actually has no ETA lineage. These advertising claims need to be withdrawn. They are simply not true. I would grant a point of argument to a dealer who wants to claim an ETA baseplate with Asian parts stacked onto it gives him enough "ETA" in his movement to call it an ETA,.....but not this.

This was such an eagerly anticipated watch. What a shame.

I've just read some of the dealer website descriptions for the new B&R. ETA 2892 21J automatic movement is the prevailing description. No photos of open casebacks. Given what the photos of the actual movement in this new version of the watch look like these are not accurate claims. I don't know if our dealer community has been scammed into believing they were getting something they were not, or if it's out and out deception, but these claims go way beyond selling something that looks VERY much like a 2892 that actually has no ETA lineage. These advertising claims need to be withdrawn. They are simply not true. I would grant a point of argument to a dealer who wants to claim an ETA baseplate with Asian parts stacked onto it gives him enough "ETA" in his movement to call it an ETA,.....but not this.

This was such an eagerly anticipated watch. What a shame.

Have you read the last few pages? :black_eye:

Good to see you got on here and good to hear what you say... this and putting your money where your mouth is in your other post goes to show a lot of good things about Silix in particular, but what is possible from dealers in general.

I thought the B&R thing was already gone over with movement pictures and such... is that a different version you are talking about?

I wasn't bringing it up as a new issue. I went to a few websites, in particular, those that were touting this watch and those which usually have excellent photo documentation of their products, to see if there was any prior indication of a problem. I was surprised to find no pictures of the inside of this watch, in particular, on websites where photographs of the "works" are the norm in the advertisements. I find it hard to believe this was an oversight, and I find it equally hard to believe the better and more respected dealers here could ever hope to put this over on us, or risk the embarrasment of a public flogging such as this. They very openly worked with this particular community on this very watch. Someone was bound to open up this new and irresistable toy....and then howl bloody murder finding a worm in the apple. I don't know how they could have been ignorant of it...and yet I can't imagine tham risking this by covering it up. Very strange.