When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies We're Supposed To Tolerate?

Pugwash

Actually, I think it is easy for us dealers to do it right. Just be honest, tell what u know for sure, share doubts with the buyers. And if later we are proved wrong (like conned into the mistake by the favtories), make an real appology and fix the mistake quick. I believe ppl here will understand, and still have the confidence to trade with us. Do not use those misleading and deceptive terms. I am especially disgusted that some dealers ganged up to lie together. It is already hard to navigate around in this world of replicates and trade over internet, why make it even harder? I am sure all dealers have already got the message from this discussion, even if they stay silent. This is the power of this open forum. As long as the principle is forced here by the group, the kind of behaviour will be under check.

Now we are coming to an interesting point. There really is nothing else to say until other dealers weigh in, if they do. I suspect there may be a correlation between how dependent the dealer is on this forum and their willingness to join the frey.

The other interesting question is whether folks are now avoiding these dealers or simply relying on their "personal realtionship" to feel comfortable making the purchase. After all, money talks and bull___ walks. And no, I am not calling for a boycott - just asking the question.

Ouch . . . what can I say.

OK, as far as the "synthetic sapphire" [censored] goes, I shall stand down and go sit in the back of the room. I really thought he had knocked that crap off.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Bill

This term "synthetic sapphire" is no doubt misleading. It is either sapphire, mineral glass, or plexi, I do not know there is another kind of material. And if there is, say it.

Don't take this as an anti-PerfectClones rant, by the way. I like Josh, and he's got a great reputation. I'm using him as an example simply because of his blatant con B&R. Very bad form, Josh. Man up and sort it. :thumbdown:

Pug, maybe I'm confused - are you saying that this watch, clearly advertised as having a Swiss ETA 2892, actually has that miserable piece of [censored] movement that pics were shown of earlier?

http://watchwindersworld.com/bo10005-instr...922-p-2262.html

I am really hoping that isn't true.

Bill

Having read this whole thread....there's a vein running thru' it that causes me some concern....and that is that it is giving the appearance that ALL dealers are liars.....this is most definitley NOT the case.....there are a goodly number of dealers who have not lied to their customers or members here....I regard myself as one of them and would take strong exception to any inference that I have lied to customers......I invested considerably in tools in order to present as accurately as possible the item that I offer....from digital calipers to digital scales and lately a diamond tester to confirm that sapphire crystal is used in the watch that my supplier tells me has sapphire......I show photographs of the watches I sell...showing the sapphire tester......if I say it's sapphire....IT IS sapphire......whilst in the past I used the term ...synthetic sapphire......that wasn't advertising puffery to disguise mineral glass......it was industry standard term for genuine sapphire.....if it was mineral glass.....I said it was mineral glass.....now in any of my posts....I use the term GENUINE sapphire.....and if it's mineral...it will say MINERAL....!

Neil, reading through these posts, I think it fair to say you have been excluded from the ranks of dealers who may have... umm.. misrepresented certain aspects of their products. In fact in several posts folks have gone out of there way to acknowledge that fact. I will say though that the more I read here, the more I value the QC component of your service, and the more likely I am to purchase from you going forward, notwithstanding the concerns over timeliness of delivery. It is more than a fair trade-off.

Currently, Josh, Andrew and Wo-Mart are all selling non-ETA Movements as ETA 2892s. This particular example was sold to Finepics by Joshua in the new Bell and Ross.

Oh. I am just beyond words.

It would be different if not for the fact that he shows beautifully clear pics of every average 2836 in his inventory, but somehow neglects to show pics of this 2892?

Josh, I know you read this thread - don't you think it's about time you spoke up for yourself, rather than have people who trust you make themselves look foolish.

I am sad to have had to edit my prior posts.

Bill

Sorry, Bill.

Welcome to the thread. :wounded1:

I gave up drinking for my 50th birthday last week.

This week, I've got the nastiest flu I can recall

Now, I have had a spanking.

I have gone thru the list and edited my prior posts - now I am going back to bed to deal with DTs, Nausea Vomiting . . . and now a stinging butt

:black_eye:

Bill

It would be different if not for the fact that he shows beautifully clear pics of every average 2836 in his inventory, but somehow neglects to show pics of this 2892?

Josh, I know you read this thread - don't you think it's about time you spoke up for yourself, rather than have people who trust you make themselves look foolish.

Bill

I am dealing with a bad case of misplaced loyalties too. I have done very little dealer criticisim in my time here and have several posts that started with something like "Josh for President....". I'm more than a bit confused and frankly...sad for my dealer friend from whom I've purchased about $1200 worth of watches in the last 9 months with excellent results. This is like Watergate. Fess up now before the cover-up becomes bigger than the crime!!! We'll still love you.

In fairness, they haven't covered up. They just haven't responded. Well, you are soon going to know whether they care.

But it is starting to small a bit...thus my Watergate analogy. I would have no problem with an explaination like "I was told by my supplier this watch would have an ETA ebauche/Asian balance 2892...I've just become aware of negative feedback and have been too busy trying to deal with customer service issues to do website maintainance...we will clear up this discrepency ASAP to maintain the best level of reliability in the replica watch market....etc...etc...etc...

As long as they make it right...pretty soon, in my mind not too much damage will have been done.

I gave up drinking for my 50th birthday last week.

This week, I've got the nastiest flu I can recall

Now, I have had a spanking.

I have gone thru the list and edited my prior posts - now I am going back to bed to deal with DTs, Nausea Vomiting . . . and now a stinging butt

:black_eye:

Bill

Sorry to hear that, Bill! I hope you get well soon! Oh! and BTW: Welcome to the Golden Boys Club!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by HikeUSA

I am dealing with a bad case of misplaced loyalties too. I have done very little dealer criticisim in my time here and have several posts that started with something like "Josh for President....". I'm more than a bit confused and frankly...sad for my dealer friend from whom I've purchased about $1200 worth of watches in the last 9 months with excellent results. This is like Watergate. Fess up now before the cover-up becomes bigger than the crime!!! We'll still love you.

Now, that's scary!!! I've spent more than that in one order and had problems with 3 upon receipt! Ouch!!!! I attribute that to just batch problems.......now I'm really scared.

Thanks, Pug for starting these. Us Newbies are learning a lot from these discussion! Although making me scared and worried. Those kind words from several/actually it seems like a lot of members here and the other site help me made the decision to order from this dealer!!! So now I'm curious if I got what I paid for!!!!! It shouldn't be this way!!!

If these thread make these dealers changes their ways, then Pug should be honored for making it happen and have the balls to start this!!! "Josh.....sorry, I mean "Pug for President......!!!!!" Maybe you could clean up the mess in Iraq, too!!!!

Bill

I have always made clear that the movement issue is serious and i stand with the crowd demanding an explination and resolution to the issue.

i Think the entire issue is rediculous because The prices aren't that different - its a small amount of $$ if anything and high likelyhood of a thread like this. - Its a stupid move. - and i think that if they step up and remedy this - they can undo the damage they have done. Its really a shame because after dealing with all the dealers for 2 yrs now I have always found that they were never purposfully misleading - sometimes i had to ask a question twice - but, they always shot straight with me -

Guest aclaimsman

Come on dealers when you want to sell a new watch you have no trouble letting us all know about it, but now your silence is deafening. My wishful thinking, but lets hear your side of the story. Helloooooooooooooooooooo!

Do you have any other kind? :lol:

Hey, my free watch was earned in a PoM. Oh, and the one in PT's raffle ... and the other one in PT's raffle, they were won fair and square. That's all the 'free' watches I have. Ah, yes, the Silix prizes for the RT Polls, yes, I've got one of them so far and ... what, that's it? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sure, I have free watches, and a wallet from Sash and some straps from RWI, but it's not like, um ... er, ok. I'll shut up.

If you enter lots, you sometimes win.

ps. I added up my PT raffle spending and I've paid enough for 2.5 entire raffles, so look out, I'm due another win soon ... arooga!

pps. damn, 21 pages?

Hey, my free watch was earned in a PoM. Oh, and the one in PT's raffle ... and the other one in PT's raffle, they were won fair and square. That's all the 'free' watches I have. Ah, yes, the Silix prizes for the RT Polls, yes, I've got one of them so far and ... what, that's it? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sure, I have free watches, and a wallet from Sash and some straps from RWI, but it's not like, um ... er, ok. I'll shut up.

If you enter lots, you sometimes win.

ps. I added up my PT raffle spending and I've paid enough for 2.5 entire raffles, so look out, I'm due another win soon ... arooga!

pps. damn, 21 pages?

Is this the new ".. shortest thread...?"