When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies We're Supposed To Tolerate?

Pugwash

TT-

You have a good point. And if you guys are really willing to deal with it I applaud you. But we all remember that less than 18 months ago we were dependent on photobuckets and no description (except for Paul :whistling:). From a personal perspective I am also struggling with the interesting fact that the dealer(s) in question are folks with whom I have had numerous transactions with. Of those transaction two had minor problems which were quickly rectified. And by the way, all my watches go out to Ziggy shortly after receipt so I know what is going on inside.

We ARE dealing with it...

Trust me on that...

We do not take the issues [addressed] here lightly...

I too have dealt with both Dealers, Josh on several occasions...

If Dealers choose to use Photobuckets, then that's fine...

But there can't be integrity issues on the sites of Dealers that have a Forum here...

I would [highly] suspect that this will be a very interesting week in RWG's history...

TT

@Kruzer there is no doubt that Josh and Andrews reputations are built on solid dealings with so many members over a long time but, and it's a big but, we feel these misrepresentations are not only becoming more frequent but also more serious.

Ken

Just to clarify, those are stock (factory) pictures and not of the finished watches. The group buy did specify genuine Swiss ETA 2892 movement.

Sadly, f'n WinXP Home won't recognize external devices (camera phone, USB stick etc) however many drivers I select, and since the other computer is dead at the moment I can't post pictures. I don't think it had blue screws on the movement though, and the phone screen is too small to make it out. It doesn't look like blue screws though. Hopefully someone else can help out to clear that one up?

I thought you ordered 2824.

Anyway, I'm not sure a thread about blatant lying on the part of dealers is the place to worry publicly about a specific watch, especially without any evidence you have gotten anything other than advertised, but to avoid any possible false impression about eddie, I'll post what I know, having organized the buy.

I ordered 2824, and that's what I got--genuine swiss ETA.

I believe it was made clear to all buyers that the pics of the 2892 versions of the 18k Muller had nothing to do w/ the actual watches shipped for the buy, which EL guarateed to be Swiss 2892, sourced and decorated especially for the group buy which is why they took an extra 3 weeks. So far nobody has posted or PMed otherwise.

You guys ever watch infomercials or read some of the ridiculous advertisements in your newspaper? "Want to lose 20 pounds in 3 5 days?" Our product can erase off of your face.", etc. And this type of advertising is for legal items.

IMHO, this is no different. Here and at TRC we actually have some accountability as long as folks continue to review what they receive or write about particularly bad products or service. Would it be nice if everyone gave a 100% description? Yes. But I don't view this as widespread abuse by any means. Irrespective of better and worse descriptions or inaccuracies by dealers this forum is ultimately what makes our whole obsession work reasonably well irrespective of what is written. We tolerate the white lies because irrespective of what is written our dealers are fundamentally honest and provide better service than many folks selling legal items and because we have the fabulous safety net called RWI. :thumbsupsmileyanim: We all forget about the Global Swiss Replicas of the World. How many black market items can you comparatively price and form a forum to promote the "sport" and help and protect the membership?

One last point, there is nothing to stop us from PM'ing or emailing any dealer before we buy. With perhaps one exception I am sure you will get an honest answer. Besides the detective work makes the whole thing more fun. :lol:

Exception? :g:

Andrews site has bean updated!

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=985

What will happen to use that have already bought the watch?

So I guess the consensus is that as long as a dealer has the prefix Asian *****, we're going to take that to mean "Buyer beware...all bets are off"????? Does this mean the decorated movements in Submariners are going to be called "Asian Rolex 3135 Movements" before long?

I suppose Trusty's concession to the pressure of this thread is a big step in the right direction but still....Asian ETA 2892???????

And still no pictures of this very cheap looking movement.

I am glad that Trusty has begun updating his inaccuracies. The point of this thread has always been to point out misleading advertising, not to bring down valued dealers.

Fine. But why not call it an "eta copy" if that is what it is?

Ok, so far I haven't had a problem with "asian 2892". I don't particularly like "asian eta 2892", but I am willing to concede to the realities and accept it. I don't even have a problem with the B&R movement pictured as long as I can see a picture on the site that offers this movement. The problem I see is that without the picture I become very leary. If there are indeed six companies making movements they call asian 2892's then I want to know which one I'm getting. Though I am not personally interested in the B&R watch, if I were I wouldn't want it at +$200 with the earlier posted movement. I probably would accept it at the current price with the Seagull ST18 movement. We can't have different grades of movements all being called exactly the same thing.

Edited by olga

Agreed. I just don't see this as Andrew and Josh purposely trying to mislead anyone.

Of course not....they were just acting in the members best interests...scouring all the CN factories to find the bestest and slimmest "SWISS" ETA 2892 that they could.......and yes they were only slightly remiss at NOT informing the members of how much effort they put into finding the bestest and slimmest "SWISS ETA 2892.......and again.....it was an OVERSIGHT that led them NOT TO POST PHOTOGRAPHS OF THIS WONDERFUL NEW 'SWISS' ETA 2892 on the website.......oh......and they don;t know how to do a Superlume shot...so that's why no Superlume shot......!

What's that smell.....is it sheep......is it horse......no....it's BS.....and honestly...... Bill Clinton did NOT have sex with that woman......!

Edited by TTK

Agreed. I just don't see this as Andrew and Josh purposely trying to mislead anyone.

Anyone who thought they were getting an ETA 2892, an iconic movement forund in some of the finest watches and several steps up in quality of manufacture from its cheaper cousins, the 2824 and 2836, in these watches were seriously mislead. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Omega AT several months ago via the same advertising and the same pull of getting an (OMG OMG OMG) 2892 for a terrific price before someone wiser here set me straight on the 2892 scoop. Other reasonably fluent watch buyers might be seduced by a feeling of security buying from a sanctioned (almost) dealer here along with the seduction and enthusiasm of getting this movement.

Of course not....they were just acting in the members best interests...scouring all the CN factories to find the bestest and slimmest "SWISS" ETA 2892 that they could.......and yes they were only slightly remiss at NOT informing the members of how much effort they put into finding the bestest and slimmest "SWISS ETA 2892.......and again.....it was an OVERSIGHT that led them NOT TO POST PHOTOGRAPHS OF THIS WONDERFUL NEW 'SWISS' ETA 2892 on the website.......oh......and they don;t know how to do a Superlume shot...so that's why no Superlume shot......!

What's that smell.....is it sheep......is it horse......no....it's BS.....and honestly...... Bill Clinton did NOT have sex with that woman......!

Be nice! The glass looks half full TTK. I prefer to call it stretching the truth as opposed to lying!

Edited by andreww

@kruzer.....I have no competition.....it's a unique experience dealing with TTK.....not the best experience....not the worst....simply unique....:LOL

@Andreww......where was I uncivil......and please feel free to regard the glass as half full......if you didn't pay for the coffee......!

Trevor has this watch for sale on RWI with the following description

Vintage Paul Newman Black Dial BlackBez Manual Chronos

Model : SS Black dial, White Exoctic subdials, Black bezel, Silver Markers on Oyster Stainless Steel Bracelet

Movement: Lemania Manual Working Chronograph movement

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Chronograph

Here is a pic of the movement from the watch that I received. You decide. A Lemania or the Asian Bullet Proof Version, hardley, Looks like the low beat Asian 7750.

192050-4677.jpg

Edited by Birdman

@Andreww......where was I uncivil......and please feel free to regard the glass as half full......if you didn't pay for the coffee......!

I wasn't speaking of you TTK, you've been well behaved. But, if you feel like being uncivil there a little place around the corner that I used to frequent...

Edited by andreww

Sorry Andreww......my mistake....:D

@Birdman.....never mind whether it's lemania or 7750.....it's advertised as MANUAL......when did they start putting rotors on MANUAL movements..... :lol:

Edited by TTK

Actually I just cut and pasted that from one of his listings a couple of minutes ago. He is still on probation. It was Sash that was removed.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14296

5th watch down

Paris was great, was there between Christmas and New years. A bit cold though :)

Not any more he doesn't. I believe he's been suspended.

ps. Nice shot of Gare St Lazare in your sig. :D

Edited by Birdman