When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies We're Supposed To Tolerate?

Pugwash

Trevor has this watch for sale on RWI with the following description

Vintage Paul Newman Black Dial BlackBez Manual Chronos

Model : SS Black dial, White Exoctic subdials, Black bezel, Silver Markers on Oyster Stainless Steel Bracelet

Movement: Lemania Manual Working Chronograph movement

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Chronograph

Here is a pic of the movement from the watch that I received. You decide. A Lemania or the Asian Bullet Proof Version, hardley, Looks like the low beat Asian 7750.

192085-4675.jpg

Good one Birdman :lol::lol::lol: it looks like Trevor types before he thinks.. :1a:

BTW this could be the most important thread in the history of RWGjr....keep up the pressure :thumbsupsmileyanim:

g. :)

If I remember correctly Sashwatch was kicked because he mistakenly posted a blue bezel PO as same as gen instead of fantasy, that charge was laid by our two favourite dealers that are getting much coverage here.

I wonder what they are going to do to Trevor, this could be our first online execution. :blink:

Ken

I thought you ordered 2824.

Anyway, I'm not sure a thread about blatant lying on the part of dealers is the place to worry publicly about a specific watch, especially without any evidence you have gotten anything other than advertised, but to avoid any possible false impression about eddie, I'll post what I know, having organized the buy.

I ordered 2824, and that's what I got--genuine swiss ETA.

I believe it was made clear to all buyers that the pics of the 2892 versions of the 18k Muller had nothing to do w/ the actual watches shipped for the buy, which EL guarateed to be Swiss 2892, sourced and decorated especially for the group buy which is why they took an extra 3 weeks. So far nobody has posted or PMed otherwise.

You said it a lot better than I did! :victory:

Ok, so far I haven't had a problem with "asian 2892". I don't particularly like "asian eta 2892", but I am willing to concede to the realities and accept it. I don't even have a problem with the B&R movement pictured as long as I can see a picture on the site that offers this movement. The problem I see is that without the picture I become very leary. If there are indeed six companies making movements they call asian 2892's then I want to know which one I'm getting. Though I am not personally interested in the B&R watch, if I were I wouldn't want it at +$200 with the earlier posted movement. I probably would accept it at the current price with the Seagull ST18 movement. We can't have different grades of movements all being called exactly the same thing.

What I DO know is, this was particular rep was on my list. It's now crossed off. :black_eye:

@kruzer.....I have no competition.....it's a unique experience dealing with TTK.....not the best experience....not the worst....simply unique....:LOL

this is certainly true. in fact sometimes it's not even like a transaction at all!

i just regret that instead of bothering to pay return postage i had done something useful with the DOA noobmariner LV...

like leaving it as a tip for a particularly discourteous and distracted waiter. who brought me the wrong entree, and spilled hot coffee in my lap.

at least then i would have had the pleasure of witnessing his befuddlement :whistling:

Just you wait....Lanny......wait a minute......you have been waiting.....what am I saying.....don't worry Lanny.....TTK is taking care of you.....and yes....you will say it was a unique experience....believe me.....would Dr TTK lie to you....or steal you rmoney.....no...don't asnwer that...:D

Mmmmmm

Just got the meager connect speed to view this in its voluminous entirety

"Industry Standard Terminoligy" now there's a laugh.....

Here are a few of the definitive terms used throughout the 'industry' in China/Asia:

SATAINLESS STEEEWL = any metalic substance

SAWISS = any movement other than a standard 21j or a quartz that doesnt bear China markings

SAPPHIRRI = any translucent material on a watch that will withstand the tactic of having a ballpoint 'scratched' over it

For the record I see part of my role/responsibility as a dealer here on the forums to protect my customers from this BS.....not to perpetuate it!

Edited by narikaa

Just to clear up some matters. We did not ask Sash to close his section. He did it voluntarily. Indeed his section was hidden from the view of the public and eventually all his listings are deleted. The admin has exchanged PM with him (I am not personally involved in this PM exchange) and he agreed to correct the mistakes. In other words, he has been given a few chances to correct his listings inclusive pictures. Not only with regards to the blue PO, there are a couple more listings which have issues (incl. Swiss ETA 2892 on Frank Muller Casablanca rep and so on as Pugwash described). However, after the thread deletion, he decided not to sell on RWI again. He stands by his product by offering after sales service even after he left. He does indeed leave a very good impression on my side as I have previously dealt with him personally.

As for Trevor section, it's also under scrutiny at the moment. It's being suspended until he answered a few of the questions including the Daytona PN with Auto movement (yes I did got one too). He did deliver the goods but the way he presented his listings is not good.

I hope this will clarify the matter.

Just to clear up some matters. We did not ask Sash to close his section. He did it voluntarily. [...] However, after the thread deletion, he decided not to sell on RWI again.

You're saying it was his decision to leave?

Posts by Yourself, Klink and DrmMaster all stated that it was your decision for our benefit. Are you saying you misled us back then or you're just not remembering it correctly today?

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10662

"Admin aware of more than general population

problems voted severe enough to warrant steps taken. " - Klink.

"The mod team and the boss himself have made the decission to revoke Sash's dealership status for the benefit of RWI Members." - Takashi

"Do you think i wanted to remove him?

Why would I want to do this?....For any reason but the good of the forum?..." - DrmMaster

@Pug: indeed that his section is emptied. However, due to numerous errors in his listings, we decided to remove the dealers status. He is then voluntarily left the forum. Kudos to him that he still provided after sales service eventhough his section has been removed. That was my point. However, the blue PO is not the only reasons why his section is removed.

You're saying it was his decision to leave?

Posts by Yourself, Klink and DrmMaster all stated that it was your decision for our benefit. Are you saying you misled us back then or you're just not remembering it correctly today?

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10662

"Admin aware of more than general population

problems voted severe enough to warrant steps taken. " - Klink.

"The mod team and the boss himself have made the decission to revoke Sash's dealership status for the benefit of RWI Members." - Takashi

"Do you think i wanted to remove him?

Why would I want to do this?....For any reason but the good of the forum?..." - DrmMaster

Wow...this thread is sending more than just a few ripples through the pond. GOOD!!!

I will continue to buy replica watches...ESPECIALLY if the dealers give me the straight scoop on their products. There's plenty of "Swiss Enough" genuine ETAs in replica watches coming out of China to attract and satisfy the "I want Swiss for a song" crowd and plenty of great looking very close replicas with servicable Asian movements to satisfy the "I want a high end chrono for less than $300" crowd. There's no need for what seems to be a creeping trend toward hyperbole. Just tell us what we are buying and we will continue to buy it. Personally, I have directed at least 10 friends and collectors to one of the dealers here based on customer service and honesty in a business that exists in the shadows. I can't account for how many each of them have directed to the same site but I can say that enhanced reputation here certainly means ongoing business for the accepted dealers...but not if they are going to screw around with things like the word games discussed at length in this thread. No more references from me until this gets cleaned up.

The last few posts sound a little panicked with finger pointing abounding.

There's no need for what seems to be a creeping trend toward hyperbole. Just tell us what we are buying and we will continue to buy it.

That is it in a nutshell.

• 1 month later...

I lifted this quote from RWI - it bears repeating here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say that as a relative newcomer to the Darkside, reading this thread has made me very unsure that I want to continue purchasing from any of the cartel members. Now, I have already known that the dropshippers are cause for some concern (because they don't even see the product they are selling), and for that reason I have gone with people like Ruby who will send me exact photos of the watch that will be shipped.

There are good dealers out there... but I think the overwhelming weight of the evidence suggests that it is not a good idea to continue supporting the "Big 4". Start voting with your dollars and use the other dealers.

I've heard others saying that they tolerate deliberate misrepresentations regarding the quality of goods because "this is an illegal business." So they continue to purchase to satisfy their habit and to appease the dealers. This is so irrational that I wonder if these people aren't just "shills" for the dealers - what if the people making these sorts of comments are in fact the dealers themselves? I wouldn't put it past dealers to have multiple user names. With multiple accounts, a dealer could make some comments on a thread like this without fear of having their comments disregarded as being self-serving. They may be the source of dissension in the ranks.

At any rate, the real problem with the "I'll accept lying because this is illegal" argument is that there must be honor among thieves. Dealers depend (as all businesses do) on repeat business and word of mouth. If you make it known that you will stop referring people to them and that you will stop purchasing from them - they will have to react. Remember that these things come from China - $200 is a lot of money in China. In fact, $200 is $58 more THAN AN ENTIRE MONTH'S WAGES for the average CHINESE UNIVERSITY GRADUATE! Worse, the people involved with manufacturing these watches are not even university graduates! You are getting ripped off!

(see here)

Salary info: http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp...;story_id=12004

Valuation: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=1...G=Google+Search

AVOID DROPSHIPPERS LIKE THE PLAGUE. You will note that that TTK, Pug, and various other senior members have said the same. Newcomers would be wise to heed their advice.