When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ripped Off?? Now Sorted

FxrAndy

Before joining this forum I thought I had found a reliable dealer, emails were promptly answered, communication was good. I ordered a watch and paid with what I thought was a safe method: pp ! The payment showed as cleared in my account and at that point I assumed that it was with the seller. The seller then informed me that he has a problem with pp and his account is frozen and he can’t get my payment out and won’t send the watch until he has payment, fair enough to this point. The seller advised me to claim my money back from pp so I could pay him via a different method, so I claim, 10 days later the claim is ruled in my favour but I was informed there is nothing in his account to pay me any thing back? So where has my money gone, the seller replied to all mails still with good communication but insists that he does not have my money and offers that if I send him more money he will sell me watches at a discount until I get the cost of my original payment back ? Would you send this seller more money? So now no money, no watch, a claim on pp in my favour and a feeling of being ripped of by a trusted dealer!

My original order was with John at www.eurofakes.co.uk . According to him this site was sold and he opened his next site www.poshwatchshop.co.uk which has now moved to www.eureplicas.com. .This seller also trades at www.dwswatches.co.uk and under the name g**** on ebid.co.uk. and under the name dwswatches on this forum.

What I would like to know is how can my money disappear from his account without him taking it.

If anybody would like more information I have saved every mail sent back and forth. I believe I have been polite and patient but I have lost my money, received no watch and believe that this seller is dishonest and not to be trusted.

This is a public forum and I invite John to defend himself in public and explain where the problem lies and where my money went to.

Edited by fxrandy

The reinbursment deal was for me to send you more money and recive a discount on other watches i buy, i dont find this a sutable reinbursment plan as i have never delt with you i dont know the quality of your stock and ultimatliy if my first payment cleared through pp and i have not been reinbursed then i have payed you and you should honour our agreement.

Would any one else send more money in this situation, your thoughts please.

Andy

Ugh People are going to jump all over me again but I am going to keep making the same point… :whistling:

The truth of the matter is whenever you purchase a “Rep Watch” you must understand what you are at risk for when you make the purchase!

That includes…

1. Losing your money outright.

2. Not getting the watch you envisioned.

3. Watch defective or DOA on arrival.

4. Not having your expectations met to the fullest.

I have said this many times and people are on the defensive with my point..

The thing to remember when buying the watch of your dreams is that the money sent does not necessarily mean you will be the recipient of a beautiful dream watch.

Simply ask you self the following question… If I spend X dollars and I don’t get the watch I envisioned or even if don’t receive the watch will it be a significant disappointment and hurt me financially or emotionally? If the answer is yes then “DON’T GET THE WATCH”!

Whenever I buy my Reps I use what I call “MAD Money” and if my expectations fall short I chalk it up to no big deal and move on….

So… With that being said it seems like this vendor is asking you for more money??? If you send him that money and you don’t get the watch you expect is it going to wreck your day?

If YES don’t send any more money… Simply find a new dealer…

DONT HATE THE MAN HATE THE GAME! :yu:

I understand what you say about the risks involved, however, if and quoting DWSwatches he does not rip people off, and by the coments made on other boards i am now inclined to belive that he does not, and that this problem is one of accounting and pp problems only. If:

1. I have made my payment and it has cleared through pp into his account,

2. I am then advised by the seller to claim the money back i win my claim but there is nothing there to reinburse me.

Then, i have made my payment, the account is empty due to other claimants having been paid is not my problem, After a full audit of payments made, watches send and claimants repayed the seller should find that either he is my payment up, or he has sent a watch to someone who has claimed and recieved reinbursment or this missing money has been used via pp to pay fees or some other requirement.

If the payment had not cleared it would have come back to me.

Any of the other instance you mention above in your post had happend i would assume it was just the nature of the game. I am willing to reach some sort of settlement, but i am not willing to and can not afford to send more money before seeing what i will get.

Andy

Wow, I never knew pp would just leave you hanging after winning a settlement. They aren't going to refund you the money? That is very strange. I would keep hounding pp about this.

As far as sending more money for a discount on another watch, I would not do this personally.

Unfortunately, you can chalk this one up as a learning experience and stick with other dealers that accept the payment method that you are willing to use. There are a number of dealers that use pp and they have never had any problems.

The two dealers that I use do take pp and I have never had any problems. I won't chance using anyone else. Find one or two really good dealers with a good reputation and stick with them.

• 1 month later...

I am happy to report to every one that this dispute has been resolved, i am now in possetion of a full refund. it is just a shame that it has taken so long and has caused some bad PR for the other party. i hope that John has now cleared his problems and i wish him good trading for the future.

Andy

its good to hear that you got your money back

My personal feeling on the matter is, if the payment has cleared your account, the the other party has accepted the payment, then it is the other parties responsability.

I run my own business, if I recieved payment and something happens to it, I can't tell my customer "well sorry I don't have the money anymore so its your fault". If I said that to people I would be taken to court.

On the flip side, you are buying something that is illegal, that customs doesn't allow to be imported into the country, and you are unhappy that you lost your money in the deal (thankfully you got it back) you don't really have a lot to go back with.

I mean think of it this way, if you bought drugs off a dealer, and he stiffed you for the drugs would you go to the cops and ask for your money back?

Now, if I owned a shop and was paid by a stolen credit card, the credit card company would still pay, and the card company would take the loss! So, why should I or you lose???

that is not correct. the store HAS to take the loss, and NOT the credit card company!

• 1 month later...

"Wow, I never knew paypal would just leave you hanging after winning a settlement."

I've had 2 cases go to paypal arbitration on eBay purchases (not reps).

In The first case Paypal ruled in my favor, however since the seller had no funds remaining in their paypal account they did not reimberse my payment.

The second case was when I made a foolish purchase of a used laptop (~$300). The laptop came DOA. Paypal uses the DOA situation as an example how it's "buyer protection policy" will protect a buyer. They ruled against me without further explanation. All subsequent emails from paypal stated that their descision was binding and not reversible. I hate paypal with a passion, unfortunately there is not a better alternative for online payments that I am aware of. On the bright side I'm spending a lot less money on eBay.

Paypal also ruled in my favor and I got nothing because seller did not have funds.

I was fortunate enough to get my money back on a montblanc that I bought that turned out to be a replica, but it required a bunch of paperwork and about 3 months going back and forth. I ALWAYS had to call them, but they make you wait till the max amount of time specified. So if they say 24-48 hours, they wont do anything before 48 hours and in my case they wouldn't do anything until I called even if I waited days.

PAYPAL SUCKS, but at least its cheaper then Western union online or moneybooker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

civic I guess it is a roll of the dice no matter who it is due to the bank transfer but they always are, I personally do not do them except to TC. This being said one incident 8 years ago does not make the aforementioned a scammer. I operate under a strict burden of proof before condemning anyone so we do not run around nuking prolifically like other boards. Andy knows all the details I do not and his account is beyond reproach if he chooses to let DWS sell then so be it. Be aware yes one should always be wary. :pimp:

Mike on a bike, your the only one who has been decent in all of this, I wanted to close this subject after you dealt with two members, both who have had the decency to apologise, until FxrAndy started to make an issue out of a past issue, which was resolved then anyway. I am not dealing on here, although I am still a collector.

Civic4982, you have 3 positive and 1 negative, you have no room to start making accusations with that feedback!