When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Official Ttk Mbw Group Buy Thread

BMWrolex

This thread is a followup to the topic posted here.

This thread will be dedicated to a MBW group buy that TTK has agreed to under the following conditions:

1. TTK is going to act as a 'proxy' buyer for all members.

2. TTK will carefully negotiate with the "MBW supplier" and NOT the shop.

3. TTK will inspect each item carefully to his standards (internal inspection will not be an option).

4. The watches will cost ~$350 (shipping included) and will ship EMS.

5. Upon shipping the watch you the recipient will receive full details which include date of ship, EMS tracking number, and photograph of the receipt.

6. Once an item is out of TTK's hands (meaning its shipped) it is also out of his responsiblity. If it is taken by foreign customs, then tough luck. He will negotiate with you in a flexable attitude towards the replacement, but will assume no overall liability.

7. The same rule applies for local customs as well.

8. TTK will expedite shipping to the best of his ability.

9. A minimum of 25 MBWs must be requested for TTK to go ahead with the group buy.

10. Payment options can be found in TTK's signature.

Please do not post here to complain about anything or be any kind of bother. If you REALLY must do that, use this thread.

TTK will be getting these watches from "the MBW source". Be aware that he is doing this out of profit and personal gain.

I am in this for no gain. I have no affiliation with TTK.... my only satisfaction is to know that im helping out the forum.

As far as which MBW watches he can get... the sky is the limit. If theres an MBW for it, he can get it.

If you do not know what an MBW is, use the search button before you know what you're getting into.

I cannot answer any questions in PM. Please use this this topic to post your questions.

You must be of "some" status here in order to request an MBW

Here is how i suggest we do this

If you have any questions about this group buy post to this thread. TTK will gladly answer any questions.

If you want to put in an order, PM me with the watch(s) and quantities and ill add your name to the list. Once we have over 50 people, I'll post last call and give it another week. After that I will give the list to TTK and let him do his thing.

I'll say this again... If you want to put in an order, PM me with the watch(s) and quantities and ill add your name to the list.

Putting a post on this forum will not put your name on the list.

Please watch this post for updates...

2/16/07

Update: There are currently ~14 orders thus far.

Heres how I decided we should do this....

On March 16th (one month from today) I will pm every individual member that made an order and verify exactly what they wanted. I will do this from March 16-March 18th. At that point, if you didn't receive a PM then you're not on the list (meaning you better PM me again). Ill talk about these details in the coming month.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to join this group buy please if may :)

I know of a few watches that are available, do we have a list?

1019 Milgauss, 6541 Milgauss, 1665 COMEX/double red/single red/white letter, 1680 Red Letter/white letter, 5512, 5513

Does anyone else have anything to add to that small list? For example are "Bond" Subs available or GMT's etc.......

Cheers :D

Be aware that he is doing this out of profit and personal gain.

Just to clarify that i'm not Pugwash's brother..........it has to be a win / win situation......of course you can always elect to buy from George at $450.00.....:D

As far as which MBW watches he can get... the sky is the limit. If theres an MBW for it, he can get it.

If you have any questions about this group buy post to this thread. TTK will gladly answer any questions.

I'll say this again... If you want to put in an order, PM me with the watch(s) and quantities and ill add your name to the list.

Putting a post on this forum will not put your name on the list.

BMWrolex (or TTK):

I would have PM'd you, but there is a problem with the message system (I am getting an 'IPS Driver Error' that references a '2003' error and problem connecting to the MySQL server).

I am interested in a Comex non-date Sub. 5513, 5514, etc. Do you know if these are available as MBW and is there a photoset or online catalogue of all the available MBW models (I am sure others will be asking for this as well)?

@freddy....unfortunately I have no photographs available to me..( other than the DRSD )........simply because i only use photographs of watches that I have actually brought into stock......I haven't brought any MBW in because I made the decision not to market them......and obviously won't have any until a group decision is made.....and models picked.....!

@BMWRolex........50 may be a difficult target to reach......let's try and make it more achievable.....go for 25.....not 25 customers.....but 25 items......I'm sure I can provide the same terms at that level.......!

Once a final decision has been made....let's look at how we progress the buy......and if completely successful.......a 2nd group buy may be more feasible with higher target....!

unfortunately I have no photographs available to me

White-dial 1680 and 1665 (White Sub and Great White respectively)

203122-1236.jpg

203122-1237.jpg

Now imagine those with red print on them and that's four of them. :D

If you can't get 25 firm orders this weekend, I'd be shocked. This is the lowest price these have ever been offered here for.

White-dial 1680 and 1665 (White Sub and Great White respectively)

Now imagine those with red print on them and that's four of them. :D

If you can't get 25 firm orders this weekend, I'd be shocked. This is the lowest price these have ever been offered here for.

Great photos, Pugwash!

I've got an MBW 1665 (with red paint) and it's a beauty (made all the more beautiful with mods). But you can't place an order for something (a MBW Comex 5513/5514) that you have never seen (or may not even exist)...

Great photos, Pugwash!

I've got an MBW 1665 (with red paint) and it's a beauty (made all the more beautiful with mods). But you can't place an order for something (a MBW Comex 5513/5514) that you have never seen (or may not even exist)...

They're mildly average photos, unworked with Photoshop, taken straight off the camera as I couldn't hold my excitement back. :Jumpy:

The idea I had when I posted my photos was that other people would post a model that's not already had a photo posted of it - preferably unmodded. Maybe I should have said that in the post. :D

The idea I had when I posted my photos was that other people would post a model that's not already had a photo posted of it - preferably unmodded. Maybe I should have said that in the post. :D

I'm really surprised someone doesn't have a complete online photo catalogue of MBWs. Watchmaster had photos in his catalog, but I seem to remember someone saying that his aren't actually MBWs. Anyone know?