When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Official Ttk Mbw Group Buy Thread

BMWrolex

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...here's the skinny....!

Not to rain on anyone's parade.....but as this is a group buy....I'd like to achieve some level of cordination.......so I'd like to propose the following....!

1. BMWRolex if willing ...be made the co-ordinator.....!

2. All enquiries as to purchasing be directed to him....!

3. Once all the group buy orders are achieved......he and I discuss the best way to finalise the buy...and advise all interested parties..!

4. All technical enquiries regarding available models / case sizes etc etc......should be directed to the board......I won't be in a position to discuss things such as case size etc etc...until I have 1x in stock.......but there are many embers here who already have...and can provide basic information as to what is available.....!

5. When we have enough interested parties.....I would ask that you source a photo of the specific watch you require....and we can incorporate that into the spreadsheet ...to help avoid any confusion over model numbers.....I'll create a folder on my photosite.....and link all photos to it....each member will get a copy of the spreadsheet.....!

In the meantime....can you address any enquiries...to either this topic...or BMWRolex.......that includes if you have already sent me an e-mail....re-send to BMWR.....!

Thank you...!

Edited by TTK

I'm actually fairly shocked by the amount of people not jumping on this one. All year I hear how people would jump all over MBWs if only they were openly available and cheaper. Today, they're both and the silence is deafening.

If I'd not just got two already, I'd be all over this.

Say, can you get non-Rolex MBWs, like the AP Wossname Thingy Offshore?

I'm actually fairly shocked by the amount of people not jumping on this one. All year I hear how people would jump all over MBWs if only they were openly available and cheaper. Today, they're both and the silence is deafening.

Pugwash: I think that if/when someone can post a photo catalog showing all of the available models, you'll be deafened by the noise. The lack of visual options is all that's holding me back (for now).

Pugwash: I think that if/when someone can post a photo catalog showing all of the available models, you'll be deafened by the noise. The lack of visual options is all that's holding me back (for now).

Here's your catalogue: You want a Sub 1680 (red or white) or a Seadweller 1665 (red, double-red or white)? Sure there are others, but if you know what you want, you already know what's available. :D

There truly aren't that many different models. Tell you what, I'll do a photo request...

Great opportunity, but this scares me:

6. Once an item is out of TTK's hands (meaning its shipped) it is also out of his responsiblity. If it is taken by foreign customs, then tough luck. He will negotiate with you in a flexable attitude towards the replacement, but will assume no overall liability.

7. The same rule applies for local customs as well.

I understand he doesn't want to take the risk, but neither will I. $350 is a great price and we are lucky to have him do this, but I'm not willing to risk it. My $350 will buy 1 or two SOLID reps with a dealer that WILL make sure it gets to me.....

Good luck to all!

Pug-

Don't waste your breath. Those who get it and don't already have the models they want will jump on this. Those who don't won't.

I have spent well over a year getting my hands on my two favorite MBW vintages and modding them to the extent my wallet and parts permit. MBW's are a labor of love. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Unfortuntately my new holy grail is the APP ROO with proper subdials (running seconds at 12) and that is not going to be out until after well after Chinese New Years.

Then you have the option to pay the regular $450. :D

I will often pay a premium for service and safety. I could have saved a bit of money on all my reps and gens, but peace of mind is worth it to me.

I'm not slighting those that don't and I completely understand that more than likely nothing will happen, but that game isn't for me.

I understand he doesn't want to take the risk, but neither will I. $350 is a great price and we are lucky to have him do this, but I'm not willing to risk it. My $350 will buy 1 or two SOLID reps with a dealer that WILL make sure it gets to me.....

Neither Maria nor George will guarantee that either.......but I WILL......I will guarantee delivery.....!

Neither Maria nor George will guarantee that either.......but I WILL......I will guarantee delivery.....!

OK, as a newbie, I took the risk and confirmed it recently by sending another PM.

Isn't the deal like this: get an MBW now for XXX dollars (whatever it might be) or try to source one for another couple of years ?

Cheers

Stephane

(And on top of this, I agree with Pug: shocking to see so few members jump on this opportunity).

i'm going off the rails on a crazy train . . . . .

Aie. Yie. Aie. Yie. Me too. Neil's post about guaranteeing delivery means I'm in for a White 1665 and PP Nautilus.

BTW, For what it's worth, having coordinated the 18K Muller group buy, I'd heartily reccomnend that only one of you guys take the orders, field questions, research answers, etc. if The Muller group buy was utter chaos before EL asked me to be the sole communicator--neither of us had a clue how many people were serious buyers or who wanted which version....but it ran as smooth as silk after we decided to have only one interface.