When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Flooded my Omega tonight!

Nanuq

I took my Scout troop swimming tonight and for a diving exercize I took my Omega Apnea off and was throwing it out into deep water so the boys could retrieve it.

All was well until about 30 minutes into it, when I checked and the crown was wide open. Somehow one of the boys had banged it and knocked it open. I screwed it back down quickly, but the flooding had started.

As soon as I got it home I whipped the back off and got into it with a hair dryer... it dried out and is now running normally!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well I suppose there are a number of things that come to mind here, but the most obvious would be to state..................WHY USE YOUR BLOODY WATCH!!! :blink:

You know if you look around you will find lots of things that will sink :huh:

Ken

I took my Scout troop swimming tonight and for a diving exercize I took my Omega Apnea off and was throwing it out into deep water so the boys could retrieve it.

All was well until about 30 minutes into it, when I checked and the crown was wide open. Somehow one of the boys had banged it and knocked it open. I screwed it back down quickly, but the flooding had started.

As soon as I got it home I whipped the back off and got into it with a hair dryer... it dried out and is now running normally!

Another Nanuq ageing technique!!!!!!!!!!!

This story shouldn't surprise anyone who has seen his submariner experiment. ;) He isn't known for treating his watches "gently". :rolleyes: I hope you caught it in time, but I'm sure taking it in for a nice servicing and oiling wouldn't hurt. :)

Don't try to blame it on your Scouts.

I'm sure the real story is Nanuq throwing his Omega into the pool HIMSELF.

Just to see if it would float, or how much water it would displace, or some other insane reason.

Nanuq is a notorious watch-abuser.

Don't ever let your watches go near him.