When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen?....Rep?

elwopo

Hello all,

I normally don't ask for this type of information....but this one is different.

A good friend found something on the bay. He has a strong opinion about it's value. I...however...have a contrary opinion.

Neither one of us being close to experts (it would be like asking two blind guys to describe color....lol) we both know just enough to get ourselves into trouble.

Opinions....coupled with frosty beverages....can often lead to wagering (go figure). We have agreed to leave it up the the expertise of the forum.

There's a bit of cash....a case of Newcastle....and, of course, some pride riding on this one.

So what do you guys think......

real?.....or no real?.....

Thanks in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us

It's 100% real. All the tell tale signs- crystal sits up nicely, great crown guards, end pieces are right, engravings are correct, bezel insert looks good, but used/aged so to speak. Seller is good- high sales and great feedback. And right now the price is great, but by Sunday, I bet this watch will be up in the $3500-4000 range, which is still a good price if that's the watch you're looking for.

Another vote for 100% genuine. The t<25 tritum dial is correct for the age, the sticker is correct for the age and reps don't have that quality of dial printing.

Looks gen except for the flip-lock on the clasp. It has two etched lines (like all my rep bracelets) and if I am not mistaken, the gen flip-lock is flat with no lines.

This is only true for the older subs. I believe they started matching up the buckle pattern on the flip lock after 1988 or 89.