When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trade section removed

Admin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never understood why this forum was so public in first place??? :g: Way too cocky :animal_rooster:

@POL

Our "Public" openess certainly afforded "YOU" the opportunity to find us...

Maybe if folks like you would actually support the Forum, we could have better Hosting options...

:thumbdown:

TT

Hey guys,

cool down! Sun is shining, we're all together here and there is of course a solution for us to post pics of our beloved watches.

Why should we be panic? There are only nice pics to view of beautiful watches.....has there ever been any talk of rep or gen? I think, all watches in here are genuine.....any other opinion? :winkiss:

Let's have a beer and cool down!

I think the admin likes to keep it public so that non-vip members can voice there opinions about how the board is run

Although I manage to visit this site on almost a daily basis; I have posted infrequently. The quality of the discussions, the readily shared experiences, and views of this board members in addressing this issue as a community, leaves me in no doubt that the most appropriate solution for this time will be reached by the Moderators. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@POL

Maybe if folks like you would actually support the Forum, we could have better Hosting options...

TT

Here Here - point well made. Perhaps if there was a yearly membership fee to view and post on this forum there would be enough money to persue offshore hosting options. One level of membership for all could be the "VIP" membership.

@POL

TT

I happen to enter into every raffle there is although, there is very little chance of me winning just because it supports the board...

If there is a direct way I can support this board please let me know...

and Just so you are aware I was given this Website by a TRC memeber I personally know..

I was just voicing my opinion and don't see why you had to personaly attack me..?? :thumbdown:

OK, I have taken the hint, and I have just made a VIP donation. What prevented me from doing so before is that I, personally, am very uncomfortable with recurring deductions. But I've swallowed this, and made a yearly donation, because I think the mods and admin of both rwg and the-other-site-that-dare-not-bare-its-name are going to need our financial help now, more than ever. I'd encourage everyone else who has not yet made a contribution to consider doing the same.

I am member of several other forums, and it is not unheard of to have to pay to be a part of them. I think this would be good policy. I have not been here terribly long, but the first thing I did was up to VIP membership.

I agree, drop the low post count members and make "VIP" membership mandatory. I am constantly amazed at the number of non-VIP that like to discuss the happenings of the board.

I don't mean to sound elitist, as I clearly have no higher standing than any other, but the lack of support astonishes me.

I think this would help to eliminate the newbie issues that have been springing up, as well as keeping out watchful eyes

My 2 cents :penguin:

I don't think VIP Membership should be made mandatory for several reasons. I was one of the people lucky enough to get given a VIP membership as part of the birthday festivities, and all that afforded me, was the ability to edit my posts, larger message capacity, and access to a few extra forums that were actually of no use to me whatsoever. I have not renewed that VIP status, becausefirstly, the ability to edit my posts is not that important to me, and secondly, I was disheartened by the response to the recent issues with Cartel Dealers, and was not prepared to support a forum that continued to allow the Cartel to deal from here, and be respected here. This forum was indeed set up to allow people to discuss their interests in replica watches and prevent people being scammed. Proof had come to light of scamming, so those people should have been expelled. Simple as that. However, that is in the past, and this is about moving on.

If people are known to be dealers, so be it, let people do business with them, but, having a dealer's section was asking for trouble. I've never actually used a dealer mentioned on this forum. There are sites like eBay where dealers are monitored and have to make good their promises. Okay, the reps might not be as accurate as some of the Super Reps, but for the prices they are costing, they are still better than some of the Canal Street Junk that the Real Scammer sites pass off.

This is not the end of the world, folks. We can still display and discuss our watches, so that's all that matters :)

Peace out.

I agree with TeeJay that VIP membership should NOT be mandatory. I made the decision to donate today because I think it's the right thing to do, given everything that's going on, but it took me five months to reach this decision. If someone had told me five months ago that I wouldn't even be able to view the forum without paying, I would have said thanks, but no thanks. I think this hobby of ours is not something for the feint of heart, and it has one helluva steep learning curve. I think it takes time and patience to get to a point that you realize that these forums provide a valuable and useful service. But I think this is a personal decision.

I have not renewed that VIP status, becausefirstly, the ability to edit my posts is not that important to me, and secondly, I was disheartened by the response to the recent issues with Cartel Dealers, and was not prepared to support a forum that continued to allow the Cartel to deal from here, and be respected here.

Yet you continue to post here. Yet you continue to benefit from the information that other people give to you. Yet you still spend your money on reps that would be unavailable to you otherwise.

And you can't manage to donate to the forum?

Today its the "Cartel", tomorrow it will be something else.

Seanf - good for you, if everyone who benefited would own up and VIP then we wouldn't have some of these issues

I agree with TeeJay that VIP membership should NOT be mandatory. I made the decision to donate today because I think it's the right thing to do, given everything that's going on, but it took me five months to reach this decision. If someone had told me five months ago that I wouldn't even be able to view the forum without paying, I would have said thanks, but no thanks. I think this hobby of ours is not something for the feint of heart, and it has one helluva steep learning curve. I think it takes time and patience to get to a point that you realize that these forums provide a valuable and useful service. But I think this is a personal decision.

I think all that needs to be done, is keep the forum private for members only, and have applicants approved by the moderators.

I don't think people should have to pay to belong to a discussion forum, but I can certainly understand the need to remove dealer links, and tighten up on security. (possibly putting a word filter into place so dealers sites cannot be entered either on forum or in PM, that way, people will have to discuss dealers in email, and that would remove any onus of blame from the mods or forum.

Seanf - Though I agree with you that it takes sometime to really get into this hobby, how many people feel the way you do? It seems to me that alot of the people perusing this forum are looking to get the best rep they can for cheap, and that the hard earned lessons of the few are enjoyed by many. The least they can do is cough up $20 to support the forum

And "donating" to raffles is like buying a scratch off lotto ticket. You can say your supporting education all you want, but your really just trying to win

not good news and i saw the dealers point of view last week with the prices discussion.

whilst a few dealers will be a bit [censored], after the somewhat overly-zealous attack on the 4 big dealers this month i am not sure they will be overly fussed. i guess they will be able to see if being on the boards does affect their sales - i for one already know the dealers i want to use and, whilst i may miss some new releases, i am sure the excellent reviews on quality and movements by the likes of by-tor and The Zigmeister et al will continue to be able to be appreciated by as many as possible

Hmmm, money is money and this place needs money.

I will not argue with any non VIP member or VIP members neither.

My 2 cents:

when I became VIP I suscribed to a monthly recurring charge, then realised I would love it more than a month and suscribed yearly as many others (i even had both subscritions running for a couple of months as I didn't realise one would not stop the other).

when there was money needed for RAM, I donated as many others.

when the birthday happened, I donated as many others

when there is a raffle I'm in, as many others. (bought 50 tickets because it's peanuts in regards of what I lost in collecting rep before I discovered RWG).

So why the hell people spending hundreds or thousands of $$$ in fake watches wouldn't spend some 10$ in a real thing like this place is ?

The math is easy again (like when the admin & co were looking for more RAM): xxx members times xx $ = a lot of money.

Cheers

Stephane

I love this hobby Gens or Reps (Watches!) and NOTHING is going to stop me enjoying it and disscusing this WITH FRIENDS and like minded individuals. Things change, we need to change & be positive about this and be as clever as thoughs that would like us to stop & go away.We are a large group and we can do what we want if we put ALL our minds to it.DON'T be beaten or defeated work together. :tu:

... "should be" but sometimes it's the only way to handle things.

Maybe I missed a post by the admin,, did he come out and say tht that this is now mandatory?

We all have choices, you included.. some things change.. today.. .looks like a day that will change many things.

Staff do the best they can with what they have to work with. ~ have some understanding ~

I believe that being a member of this forum is a privilege, VIP or no VIP. How many of us would be buying pretty bad rpelicas or paying more for repiclas that we can get here for chepaer if it had not been for this forum. I'l tell you how many, all of us.

I think that membership should include an introductory period of a month. After that if you want to stay, you pay, if you don't like, it you can leave. It costs money to keep this place going, and alot of effort form our mods, admin etc... and for the sake of $30 per annum, it's pretty poor practice not to pay it (This isn't a direct dig at you Teejay just so you know. You're posts are well thought out and you are indeed a valued member!! This is just my opinion in general)

I don't think people should have to pay to belong to a discussion forum,

Do you have any idea what it costs to run a forum? Pay for storage/hosting?

Now throw into the mix the legality issue we're currently facing, and consider the great risk and great wealth of information you've obtained here.

If this place didn't exist, you would have probably bought crap from a scam site for $300 or gotten ripped a new one for $1k plus on another scam site.

It's fair to say that this place has saved each one of us AT LEAST $100, if not more.

And you aren't willing to pay $10?

IMHO....

You have to pay to play.

Have a nice day.