When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial!A rep perfect sub VS gen submariner

elprimerozen

Here is my ultimate perfect sub from Josh(328$).

This watch have a noobmariner bracelet...and a gen bezel insert.

I will put on it the next days noobmariner dials..and gen crown and tube.

The gen comes from a picture that i have stolen fromthe web!

All comments are welcome :victory:

I will put first the rep pic and then the gen!Here we go:

248908-8113.jpg

248908-8114.jpg

248908-8115.jpg

248908-8116.jpg

248908-8117.jpg

248908-8118.jpg

248908-8119.jpg

248908-8120.jpg

248908-8121.jpg

248908-8122.jpg

248908-8123.jpg

248908-8124.jpg

248908-8125.jpg

248908-8126.jpg

248908-8127.jpg

248908-8128.jpg

248908-8129.jpg

248908-8130.jpg

Thanks for looking......and i hope that we all understand that its wrong for the crystal to go a lot higher from the level of the bezel insert :victory:

The crispness of the Rolex crown on the clasp in the last picture (the gen), is pretty amazing compared to the rep bracelet.

Also, as you indicate, the rep crystal sits pretty high above the bezel insert on the rep.

All in all, you have to admit, it's getting tougher to tell the difference between rep and gen. If you trimmed the inside of the crown guards on the rep, it would be almost impossible.

Great pics and great comparison.

Cool comparison! The Submariner is the evergreen replica...

For me, the crown guards is the only real giveaway of the replica. The crown on the clasp is poorly made on this, but on others, as on the Explorer II that By-Tor has made a review on, the crown is just as sharp on the gen.

very cool comparison shot. This is funny to see the rep looks more sharp in some area...like the rising crystal, bezel teeth, and the smooth edge of the case; those are "flaws" but they looks like "improvement" from the genuine :p

beside the CG people mentioned...i think the other thing I can see the crown is not on center like the gen and some fit and finish on the SEL/bracelet.

I believe those are not noticeable unless you really inspect the watch like a drug-sniffing dog :D

El -- This is one of the very few cases where the crystal on a rep is actually taller than the gen. If you reshape the CGs & replace the hands/crown/tube/bracelet buckle with gens, it would be very difficult to tell the difference. As it is, I am sure it would fool any 'civilian'.

First - Post.

been around the rep biz for a while on other forums.

I've just been staying quiet and reading up all the excellent info here. :)

But I cannot resist any longer, I must say Superb review love the Gen/Rep comparison!!!

I cant really tell from the photo's but how does the rehaut thickness compare to the Gens, Also the Case Back.

And the Bracelet on the Rep looks thicker and better built. Please do swap out the Clasp.

I hope you post more Photo's :D

Excellent Job with the pictorial, and you have some very nice watches there!!

249125-8066.jpg

• 2 months later...

i owned that tw best which i bought from River. It's one of the top sub reps next to the mbw. The toughest thing to mod it is fitting a bezel insert FLUSH in it whether it's aftermarket or gen. Notice your insert is still kind of floating. You can get a jeweleryoutlet insert or gen insert, mill the back of the insert a little to get rid of the ridge (I have a previous post on this mod), and press the insert in. Don't worry it seems too large for the bezel bay. You don't need glue. When done, the crystal will seem shorter because the bezel insert will have gone a little more conical.

-bk

• 5 months later...

Ooooooooh!! Gioarmani where did you find this old post???Nice!!He he! I dont have this watch any more!Mickey padge has it now!

At these pics the crow and tube are standar rep!! The only gen is the bezel insert!...so yes the crown was one of the best i have seen...it was sarp and same almost like the gen crown!!It was great!!

Excellent Review and pictorial!!! This comparison confirms my belief that aside from the bezel and CG, they can't really make subs any closer to gen until they make new cases to fit the 2892 and solve the crown/rehaut issue once and for all. If they do make a new case w/ even the asian 2892 and a better-toothed bezel, it would be great out of the box, and also able to be modded into a watch so close to 1:1 you'd have to have a loupe built in your eye to tell the diff on the wrist...

Did I read this thread too fast or did no one comment on the bezel teeth? The rep is quite different than the gen in the bezel department...of course the insert needs to sit lower, that was mentioned...but the bezel thickness and teeth are the biggest difference (other than that AWFUL crown stamp on the clasp!) to me....what do you guys that actually know what you're talking about think? :p