When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a watch that goes best with business suit :)

deepsea

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, very nice. I'm not usually a Rolex fan but I think this watch is beautiful.

Mind sharing (or PMing) the model/details with the uneducated i.e. me?

Jumbie-

That Rolex DateJust is a TW Best custom... River and EL were sourcing these, and I believe they can still get them.

I vote for TTK's 22 or 24 !

Long life JLC :thumbsupsmileyanim:

double that last vote. those are exactly the type of watches i do not presently have.

Jumbie-

That Rolex DateJust is a TW Best custom... River and EL were sourcing these, and I believe they can still get them.

Thanks ubiquitous.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you how beautiful your "frankenwatches" are. I actually started to look for a Daytona until I read your thread and realized that it wasn't something you'd simply bought from a dealer. Then I was somewhat saddened. lol

Anyway, quite like the DateJust as well (with the smooth bezel). Maybe I do like Rolexes after all. heh

All very nice watches gents. I would go for a VC, either the super simple one (pic posted by TTK), or the malte perpetual retrograde. I recently ordered one from PerfectClone, and it is gorgeous. Could anybody please give me the address to TTKs website? I have an outdated address, and I can't seem to find the address on this forum. He's got some very nice pieces, and I'd like to fetch a few.

EL had a very nice JLC Master Control, ETA powered.

This is one elegant simple dress watch but don't know if it is currently available as EL has gone in a different direction.

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300...rrent=jlc01.jpg

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/300...rrent=jlc02.jpg

Saw a coupl;e of mice JLC's with ETA's on Silix's site as well. Very reasonably priced:

http://silix-prime.com/cat.asp?catid=122

Saw a coupl;e of mice JLC's with ETA's on Silix's site as well. Very reasonably priced:

Hi, Ed:

I've seen these as well but they have the clear case back. Needless to say that those awesome in-house built JLC movements in no way resemble a gold plated ETA. :)

EL's Master Control was of an earlier model with a very nicely decorated solid case back. I have not seen another dealer offer this exact watch.

Hi, Ed:

I've seen these as well but they have the clear case back. Needless to say that those awesome in-house built JLC movements in no way resemble a gold plated ETA. :)

EL's Master Control was of an earlier model with a very nicely decorated solid case back. I have not seen another dealer offer this exact watch.

you dah man, George!

Get a stainless steel Rolex Datejust with bar markers (no gold, no 'gems').

For understatement

post-3175-1179787179_thumb.jpg

For a more sporty look

post-3175-1179787169_thumb.jpg

Pateks, VCs, JLCs, etc. are all beautiful watches, but are more likely to seem out of place unless you wear well tailored premium suits and travel in high income circles.

The Datejust is the perfect watch for someone (in a suit) who wants to project an image of success in just about any environment without having the validity of his watch (or himself) questioned. People who see it will think 'Oh, he cannot afford a gold Rolex', but they will not think it is a fake.

Get a stainless steel Rolex Datejust with bar markers (no gold, no 'gems').

For understatement

post-3175-1179787179_thumb.jpg

For a more sporty look

post-3175-1179787169_thumb.jpg

Pateks, VCs, JLCs, etc. are all beautiful watches, but are more likely to seem out of place unless you wear well tailored premium suits and travel in high income circles.

The Datejust is the perfect watch for someone (in a suit) who wants to project an image of success in just about any environment without having the validity of his watch (or himself) questioned. People who see it will think 'Oh, he cannot afford a gold Rolex', but they will not think it is a fake.

On the contrary, people think every Rolex is fake :D

Guest Carl

All of TTK's stuff is great, as usual. You won't go wrong with any of it. And the blue Rolex Air-King is just a classic. But if time goes by and you cannot decide (or get delivery) Just go with your Railmaster. Number One Son here wears his with a dark blue Pierre Cardin suit with devastating effect. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hello again mates...

"the bigger is better" motto died for me because of this:

I saw an old gentleman with a perfect suit and with a verrry plain breguet. (only hour and minute hands)

I said to myself; that is the poifect combo :) panerais (especially my fiddy and 187) are looking huge tool watches lacking beautifulness... so maybe panerai is finished for me, I won't sell any of them though...

anyway; I already have a rolex date just, and a geunine submariner... (and hell yeah, nearly everyone thinks every rolex is fake unless you drive a bmw x5 and have a huge company :) ) what I'm thinking is the similar to the TTK's VC. but too pity I learned it is a quartz watch. I'm looking for a manual movt... I think now I'll go with the SS inge fa jones...

and for gold reps, there is something I dislike. gold coating wears out in time and watch becomes junk... so I'm keeping away from gold reps, and never suggest one to someone. (of course if you are like me, never sell your watches and keep every one as a keepers in the collection)

Edited by deepsea

How about an Omega Aqua Terra, Strong but good looking, accurate to a degree, you can compare the rep and gen below, the gen is on a seamaster pro strap in the pic but looks better on leather.

The rail master (i wear one daily) is also good but with a business suit i would go for the AT.

post-1258-1179829822_thumb.jpg

hello again mates...

"the bigger is better" motto died for me because of this:

I saw an old gentleman with a perfect suit and with a verrry plain breguet. (only hour and minute hands)

I said to myself; that is the poifect combo :) panerais (especially my fiddy and 187) are looking huge tool watches lacking beautifulness... so maybe panerai is finished for me, I won't sell any of them though...

anyway; I already have a rolex date just, and a geunine submariner... (and hell yeah, nearly everyone thinks every rolex is fake unless you drive a bmw x5 and have a huge company :) ) what I'm thinking is the similar to the TTK's VC. but too pity I learned it is a quartz watch. I'm looking for a manual movt... I think now I'll go with the SS inge fa jones...

and for gold reps, there is something I dislike. gold coating wears out in time and watch becomes junk... so I'm keeping away from gold reps, and never suggest one to someone. (of course if you are like me, never sell your watches and keep every one as a keepers in the collection)

Dear Deepsea ,

I totally understand where you coming from ,

Actually the exact same thing happened with me ,

Well, if only it was looking like this:

http://jaeger-lecoultre.com/viewModel.do?modelId=22

I would buy one right now.

If any one can put his hands on one that does not say "Automatique"