When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What would you wear on a first date?

Corgi

I thought of this little question today, and was curious to see what other members would choose. Suppose you are set up on a blind date with a woman whom you have never met, what would you wear? Would you wear something different if you knew her beforehand thereby curtailing your timepiece to her taste? Would you choose a recognized brand or go for connoisseur's pieces? Would you wear one of you gens, even if it wasn't as impressive as one of your reps? Think about it and let me know.

I would choose my two-toned Rolex turn-o-graph. It does both sporty, classy, recognized, and most important of all, not overly blingy.

Depends, if it was a silicon-laiden stripper with a vacuous look on her face then I'd probably wear a rolex. If it were a classy lady of substance, I'd wear my IWC Ingeniur. If I was unaware of what king of woman she was, I'd wear something I like such as my panerai 029 or my white face SFSO on a bracelet.

Depends on the potential. One night stand....an impressive replica and a condom. Potential relationship...a genuine...no sense starting out a meaningful encounter with a lie. Save those up for afternoons on the golf course.

LOL that's pretty good stuff.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But you also make some good points. It's the "Cash McMogulson" effect (I hope some of you have had the chance to read his chronicles.....if not......google them). If its a one night stand with say... a couger... then your gonna want to put on your rolly YM or sub... something that she will recognize and immediately associate positively with (we hope!!).

On the other hand.. if its a nice lady, like say someone your mom set you up with (don't ask) then you might want to go with something a little more restrained like a FA Jones, Porto, etc.

If you don't want to start with a lie, like crystalcranium said, start out with a gen....however, I don't consider wearing a rep a lie. It's just a matter of taste.

I personally, on a first date, would wear this:

256624-6402.jpg

:whistling:

In all seriousness.. I'd go with the Omega Chrono. Not because of the date or anything, but just because its my favorite watch!!

It depends on what kind of event the first date is -- dinner at a nice restaurant? Bicycling? Day at the beach?

It also depends on who the date is with -- an environmentalist? A model or fashion designer? Poet/writer? Commodities trader?

I'd want the watch to express my good taste, but not be too showy -- perhaps a notch more showy than for a business meeting.

I would go with 231 Radiomir. Strap on that big piece of gold and go for a wild ride. Then again, don't listen to me I'm on my third wife. :lol:

Have to agree with Kruzer on this one...

A 231 would be an all around perfect fit for the evening...

TT

PS: K - BM :lol:

256792-6380.jpg

LOL that's pretty good stuff.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But you also make some good points. It's the "Cash McMogulson" effect (I hope some of you have had the chance to read his chronicles.....if not......google them). If its a one night stand with say... a couger... then your gonna want to put on your rolly YM or sub... something that she will recognize and immediately associate positively with (we hope!!).

On the other hand.. if its a nice lady, like say someone your mom set you up with (don't ask) then you might want to go with something a little more restrained like a FA Jones, Porto, etc.

If you don't want to start with a lie, like crystalcranium said, start out with a gen....however, I don't consider wearing a rep a lie. It's just a matter of taste.

I personally, on a first date, would wear this:

256804-6379.jpg

:whistling:

I think what you have pictured is a good choice. Why not put that out there right from the beginning. If she goes out with you a second time, she could never complain down the road that you deceived here.

In all seriousness.. I'd go with the Omega Chrono. Not because of the date or anything, but just because its my favorite watch!!

Guest Sql_pl

When I now think of it I don't really understand what made me wear my Honpo 187 beast to the first date with my girlfriend. Not too classy I think and a little bit in yourface :) But she actually liked it... and she even liked to play with that big rotating bezel during some other dates :)

Now she says she likes my 111F on me best.

Dress for the occasion, location, and crowd. I have been sporting my 231 on dates with my girfriend lately - she is on the mend for hip sushi places. I like it. Bling but not too blingy (no diamonds). Nice brand (but not a rolex). Just a little something for the doorman or maitre de to catch notice of.

Also it is easy to read the big face when I am drunk :)

I would say forget the watch, concentrate more on your color scheme and make sure it matches your suit (from Kenberg), or clothes. Also I would think that an average girl would recognize a nice white gold bracelet before your watch. Especially if it is a date, and a blind date. Use real cologne not any rep 2 minute lasting stuff. Armani Aqua Di Gio is always a winner to the masses. If you are daring Burberry is a sure winner. With this combination all you need to do is respond and not eleaborate or respond to deeply and you are sure to get laid or be set up for a second date. Make sure ur rep is 100% water proof if you decide to hit the hot tub or take a dip in the pool. Dont wear a leather strap she could be a enviormentalist and freak out about that secretly. :)