When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best looking diver ever made?

gran

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not only a good looking watch... it also is perfectly manufactured and has the 8L35 caliber if I'm not mistaken. That's (almost) the same caliber as used in the Grand Seiko (9S55)....

A fine timepiece which is absolutely comparable with the Swiss brands, if not even better.

This, my friend, is complete [censored].

Btw, @2005SUBMARINER:

31419-40379.jpg

You should expect to pay about 1500$ to 1800$ for it. It's only available in Japan or in some online stores.....

That is some great input on this watch Oliver :thumbsupsmileyanim:

g. :)

There is also the the new 600M Spring Drive :1a: with the smoothest running seconds hand around these days :wub: maybe not quite as nice as the MarineMaster at first glance but then again its a slightly different concept. The 600 is said to be more "subdued, lighter and gives off a much more business tool like vibe than its older relative"

31423-40378.jpg

g. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I own one, and it's a stunning watch in person. Much nicer then the pics :)

IMHO, it's a far better watch than a Sub (but I still love my Sub reps!). It's also much larger and heavier and the bracelet is a work of art in itself.

As far as Seiko divers all being Sub clones, [censored] :thumbdown:

Here's a link to the site for Tokunaga-san who has designed all the serious Seiko dive watches for decades. Just take a look at some of the new technologies Seiko has brought out. The first titanium dive watch, the first quartz dive watch, the 'L-Shaped' gasket that allows 300m WR and greater without the need for an HE release valve etc:

http://www.tokunaga.ne.jp/en/museum/list.html

Here's a couple pics of some Seiko vintage divers from my collection :thumbsupsmileyanim:

31424-40374.jpg

31424-40375.jpg

31424-40376.jpg

31424-40377.jpg

The MarineMaster (along with the Grand Seiko) is one of the best watches you can get. Just that Seiko is known for cheaper watches (at least outside of Japan) doesn't mean they aren't capable of producing highest quality timekeepers.

The biggest disadvantage is in fact that you have to send it to Japan to get it properly serviced.....

There is also the the new 600M Spring Drive :1a: with the smoothest running seconds hand around these days :wub: maybe not quite as nice as the MarineMaster at first glance but then again its a slightly different concept. The 600 is said to be more "subdued, lighter and gives off a much more business tool like vibe than its older relative"

32308-40214.jpg

g. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

cool!

like it a lot...the seiko are looking better and better every day...