When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer released soon?

Pugwash

The "package " arrived at my mail center at 1:50 pm yesterday.. along with another parcel from UK... (DBR)... but it is right to say that it would be a shame to see this thread come to an end.. :p I tailgated at my computer until the Hawaii .. Boise State game came on ESPN.. Hawaii reins as WAC Champions and has 1 more win to go to finish undefeated for the first time in the "history" of the University..unless we are snubbed BCS BABY.... that is tantamount to Japan beating Austrlia (no offense DBR) in Australian rules Football..( the likely hood of UH ever thinking it would go undefeated)

I will pick it up on my way home .. about 2 to 3 pm -10 GMT... or maybe not..... let the anticipation build..

Of course I will defer any kind of Review to the proper members (not myself)... so what anyone want pics??? :rolleyes:

Or should I post a thread on:..... what kind of purified water do you like to drink and what watch are you going to wear whilst drinking it.. essay of 100 words or less is acceptable .. correct grammar and punctuations will be graded B)

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep post sucks big time these days, but do you have it or not????????????????

Yes and no.. i never have anything delivered to my Home.. never home to sign for it.. and the time that customs agents came knocking on my door .. kind of turned me off to home delivery.. so everything is sent to a business center .. it is there to be picked up by ME.. :D

Go on, post a pic, even if only to be childish ("me first!!!!") and cause further wear and tear to Pugs' premolars....*gnnnnnnn....gnnnnnn* :lol:

that is tantamount to Japan beating Austrlia (no offense DBR) in Australian rules Football..
No offense taken I can assure you, anyone who gives the Convicts a good beating is alright by me ;) Ken and Offshore might be a bit hacked off with you though ;)

Or should I post a thread on:..... what kind of purified water do you like to drink and what watch are you going to wear whilst drinking it.. essay of 100 words or less is acceptable .. correct grammar and punctuations will be graded B)
Oooh oooh, do I get a gold star? :Jumpy: Two if I name-drop anyone famous I've recently had the pleasure of conversing with, right?

and the time that customs agents came knocking on my door
*sigh* what is the world coming to when a man can't smoke a Romeo Y Julieta or two (ok then, 20 boxes :rolleyes:) in the privacy of one's own home.... Edited by docblackrock

the good news is the aquatimer did arrive.. the "other news" is that the factory worker forgot to secure the movement in the case.. well i will let the pics speak for themselves.. :o

the inner bezel problem is fixed... :D

but this is what I guess would happen to the dial if the movement is not secure.... feel free to laugh out loud .. i did...

post-2172-1195957261_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195957314_thumb.jpg

the stop watch hand has fallen off :rolleyes: ... the face of the dial has moved a little since i got it.. mmmmmm .. wonder what caused that :angry:

the day wheel is grossly misaligned. ergo after a tooth clicked it fails to work i don't care for the Tube /crown.. problems down the road...

the rubber is soft not like the CD's

but other than that it is very well done :Jumpy::rofl:

after my laugh ... i realized that this is only a delay as my collector I am sure will send out another tomorrow... :pray:

but better news.. DBR's case recieved today and going to oxi it tomorrow..

Next up PUG or EUNO

the good news is the aquatimer did arrive.. the "other news" is that the factory worker forgot to secure the movement in the case.. well i will let the pics speak for themselves.. :o

the inner bezel problem is fixed... :D

but this is what I guess would happen to the dial if the movement is not secure.... feel free to laugh out loud .. i did...

post-2172-1195957261_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1195957314_thumb.jpg

the stop watch hand has fallen off :rolleyes: ... the face of the dial has moved a little since i got it.. mmmmmm .. wonder what caused that :angry:

the day wheel is grossly misaligned. ergo after a tooth clicked it fails to work i don't care for the Tube /crown.. problems down the road...

the rubber is soft not like the CD's

but other than that it is very well done :Jumpy::rofl:

after my laugh ... i realized that this is only a delay as my collector I am sure will send out another tomorrow... :pray:

but better news.. DBR's case recieved today and going to oxi it tomorrow..

Next up PUG or EUNO

Dude, that just sucks. Sorry you had to endure that. Of course, I am sure that it will be taken care of.

With regard to the "inner bezel problem fixed" comment - what did you mean? Do you mean - that versus the Cousteau Diver, this one actually works smoothly?

wow!! all this time and this what we get?? unbelievable. sorry to see this lanikai. they should send you a new one out ASAP!!

Leaving china tomorrow.. this is the way of reps..

really it's a numbers game .. law of averages .. chaos theory.. newtons law.. or just plain .. "my turn" :lol:

Dude, that just sucks. Sorry you had to endure that. Of course, I am sure that it will be taken care of.

With regard to the "inner bezel problem fixed" comment - what did you mean? Do you mean - that versus the Cousteau Diver, this one actually works smoothly?

yes and it is aligned to the marker properly it has the right amount of clicks... and it feels smooth as glass... this was before the dial went south

After all this time of waiting and head banging and teeth gnashing, the first finished product finally delivered and....the seconds hand is floating around, and the date wheel is doing some angled thing.

SIGH.

I guess I'll wait until the "improved clean stocks" version comes out.

I give up, I'm moving on.

Lan, your positive attitude is admirable.

Oh .. I would not give up yet man.. but you are spot on in the fact that as the production catches up to the orders maybe we will see a little better QC (yeah right) :rofl:

Actually I took one for the team.. Pugs .. Eunomians .. I got the "bad apple" out of the way for you guys :rolleyes:

this is really the way things are in the rep world.. (nothing is as it seems) literally :lol:

I think the only thing that is SOLID, IS .. Ziggy is the Master Jedi ..... Pugs reviews can be counted on ... Italiano' Skyland is genuine..

and the sun will rise in the morning

so by the end of the week i will have the "correct" replicated Aquatimer .. i like everyone else did not want this thread to have a flat ending..

@ DBR .. what's my consolation prize? B)

What about AR, is it really double sided and strong ?

BTW, congrats lani, you were the first, and that will be remembered ;)

regards

the Ar is definately double sided but on the acale of 1-10 strong .. probably a 6 or 7 the CD is definately stonger ... to compare,.. the Breitling ,..BCE is strongest IMHO..of the new generation AR'd

and yes i will be remembered for the one with everything falling off the dial :lol:

BTW Joshua got the replacement out to me yesterday.. same day I emailed him... :D

@PUG..hope you recieve yours soonest.. looking forward to your review.. and yes i hope for the team that the way is clear for good "Kharma" :1a:

Your lucky, I sent a watch back to Joshua tracked on the 10th October and he claims not have received it yet and will not send another or refund me. I shall not bother with him again after this having bought several watches from him in the past!

I'm sorry to see this in your watch and have come to the conclusion that this is an overpriced sub standard example by comparison to some of the latest releases as far as QC is concerned. Your dial markers are very poor especially the 2 at '12' plus the obvious issues. I will not be buying this one for a while yet.

Your lucky, I sent a watch back to Joshua tracked on the 10th October and he claims not have received it yet and will not send another or refund me. I shall not bother with him again after this having bought several watches from him in the past!

I'm sorry to see this in your watch and have come to the conclusion that this is an overpriced sub standard example by comparison to some of the latest releases as far as QC is concerned. Your dial markers are very poor especially the 2 at '12' plus the obvious issues. I will not be buying this one for a while yet.

Sounds like you have some issues that you need to resolve with your collector ..

Again,.. this is a Replicated watch... if you want perfection out of the box then we all know the alternative ... but we have options .. choices.... Modifications will be made... when this and other replicas can be taken by Ziggy they will be much better after the trip.. this is a given in the Rep world.. or the alternative is be happy knowing you are buying a rep..heard Honpo is almost perfect at 1000 usd on up..

As far as your dealings with your collector .. that is an issue that needs to be resolved between you and the collector.. as for myself.. I have sent watches back, by priority mail and at other times have had Joshua,.. send me a replacement EMS before I send back the defective watch.. but again this post is about the aquitimer release .. if you would like me to inquire what is going on with your watch .. PM me