When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer released soon?

Pugwash

Sounds like you have some issues that you need to resolve with your collector ..

Again,.. this is a Replicated watch... if you want perfection out of the box then we all know the alternative ... but we have options .. choices.... Modifications will be made... when this and other replicas can be taken by The Zigmeister they will be much better after the trip.. this is a given in the Rep world.. or the alternative is be happy knowing you are buying a rep..heard Honpo is almost perfect at 1000 usd on up..

As far as your dealings with your collector .. that is an issue that needs to be resolved between you and the collector.. as for myself.. I have sent watches back, by priority mail and at other times have had Joshua,.. send me a replacement EMS before I send back the defective watch.. but again this post is about the aquitimer release .. if you would like me to inquire what is going on with your watch .. PM me

Thanks but I have been around the block many times in the rep world and will deal with Joshua later. You are right these are reps and I own far more gens than reps but that should not make a difference when you receive a watch with school boy errors like that. I'm hoping for a bracelet version maybe in the future and I hope you and the other's who have kept this post alive for so long get a nice watch in the end that you can at least wear beofre being sent off to the modmaster himself! :rolleyes:

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I hate when people say this....

"these are reps and if you want perfection get a gen....blah blah blah"

If you justify dealers sending you watches with second hands falling off then you keep getting that kind of QC.

If you stand up for yourself and others who receive unacceptable GARBAGE then things might get better.

Sure they are not going to have the fit and finish of a gen every time but come on......look at the photos in this thread of this watch. SAD.

S

ounds like you have some issues that you need to resolve with your collector ..

Again,.. this is a Replicated watch... if you want perfection out of the box then we all know the alternative ... but we have options .. choices.... Modifications will be made... when this and other replicas can be taken by The Zigmeister they will be much better after the trip.. this is a given in the Rep world.. or the alternative is be happy knowing you are buying a rep..heard Honpo is almost perfect at 1000 usd on up..

As far as your dealings with your collector .. that is an issue that needs to be resolved between you and the collector.. as for myself.. I have sent watches back, by priority mail and at other times have had Joshua,.. send me a replacement EMS before I send back the defective watch.. but again this post is about the aquitimer release .. if you would like me to inquire what is going on with your watch .. PM me

If you justify dealers sending you watches with second hands falling off then you keep getting that kind of QC.

If you stand up for yourself and others who receive unacceptable GARBAGE then things might get better.

Sure they are not going to have the fit and finish of a gen every time but come on......look at the photos in this thread of this watch. SAD.

I couldn't agree more.

Moreover we're talking about a 350$ watch. :huh:

Lanikai did take one for the team - thanks, man!

My watch is clearing customs and may arrive today (but most likely tomorrow).

I will take many detailed pics and offer my initial impression(s).

Am I correct in assuming that these items emanate from the same birthplace? Cryptic, I know, but I'm wondering if this is the case. And I think y'all catch my drift. If there are multiple wombs, could QC differences be a possibility?

We shall find out. Stay tuned.

:)

let's just keep things in perspective.... have you bought this watch or did I... i did.. and ergo i choose to deal with it in a menner that is apropo to the business relationship that i have with my collector... he apologized profusely and sent out the replacement at once. that's as much as anyone can do.. is it not..

Or should i go on a tangine and ruin my day and post the fact that this "rep" is of bad quality ... were you around this business when the chronos were only "functioning" and not working chronos?..

By standing up you are reffering to your "hate" this and that tantrum?.. Or don't you get the fact that this was drop shipped ( a whole seperate issue .. i know) ... I do not mean to use the old line of, "get a genuine".. but you should look at the reality of the situation... i have recieved defective items before and the collectors that don't honour their product simply do not get my money anymore ..

My collector.. has "NEVER" not honoured his sale... he does not make the watch and when it goes out it is for all intent and purposes working...

Yes the photos are sad... but the captions are not... why don't you show us your collection and tell ME how you would have handled this? DEMAND WHAT.. I am getting a replacement ... NO?

I'm still smiling :D .. this is a win win situation for me and my collector.

So, sonny boy.. why don't you spend some of your money and LEARN how to handle things rather than kicking and crying about if I handled this things would get better... I did handle things in 1 minute ... i will have my aquatimer by the end of the week... i don't think that's anything to cry over.. and i have the rest of lifes challenges that outwiegh your directive to do something about it.. when it already has been handled quietly and effectively .. without all your drama.....thanks..

@ Euno...... yes it comes from the same factory..... and i would not worry about yours being the same you have been around long enough to know that this will happen from time to time and that is why it is important if you buy a lot of reps to have a collector that will back up his sale..instead of going for the Blue light special... slash it sale

but it does not seem (from the strap and crown and stem) that it comes from the same maker as the cousteau..but you and Pugs will give it a good going over ..NO DOUBT. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's another one. No gross problems like the hands falling off (sorry lanikai :), but it's definitely single-sided AR (like the original BCE), and the markers at the 12 could be better aligned, the font kind of sucks, and the lume isn't as good as the Cousteau... That said, the inner bezel lines up nicely. I'll defer to the experts as to the finer points, but it is a nice watch.

post-6577-1196137716_thumb.jpgpost-6577-1196137662_thumb.jpg

post-6577-1196137685_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdzsmith

QUOTE(cdzsmith @ Nov 26 2007, 11:58 PM) *

The Aquatimer is on the winder, and the Cousteau is on the wrist... guess that says it all. Better size, lume, AR (ar, a/r?).

Wow - that is quite telling. Even with all the problems from the Cousteau? (the numbers lining up and the non-working inter bezel)?

I should not have said that. I apologize for the thread crap.

It's mostly the size. Being used to the 44mm size dials, it turned out to be harder than I'd thought to get used to a 42mm. My Cousteau inner bezel worked fine, no dust issues, and the numbers are mis-aligned, but you really have to look close to notice.

Edited by cdzsmith

Here's another one. No gross problems like the hands falling off (sorry lanikai :), but it's definitely single-sided AR (like the original BCE), and the markers at the 12 could be better aligned, the font kind of sucks, and the lume isn't as good as the Cousteau... That said, the inner bezel lines up nicely. I'll defer to the experts as to the finer points, but it is a nice watch.

post-6577-1196137716_thumb.jpgpost-6577-1196137662_thumb.jpg

post-6577-1196137685_thumb.jpg

Nice piece, but the inner bezel looks just as misalligned as the Costeau's inner bezel.

apparently the first batch to leave had a problem, as evident by the first two to be posted.. the collector checked and the other Aquatimers with the maker don't have a problem with the 12 markers.. so if Eunos and Pugs come out ok and then my second AT to arrive (it was said to have been checked)... is aligned properly then at least we know it was just a cross eyed factory worker.. maybe the same one that put on the Omega logo with a right angle :lol:<_<