When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pugwash's 3717 with Valjoux date wheels

Pugwash

This is the high-beat 28,800 version from Precious Time, not the cheaper 21,600 version from the Cartel dealers. I fitted the Valjoux date wheels from Cousins with advice from the immeasurable The Zigmeister.

270929-3565.jpg

Click for 1280px wide version

270929-3566.jpg

No, I can't do this mod for others as it's exceedingly time consuming. However, I will be releasing a step-by-step guide on how to do this mod yourself. All you need is the tools, the wheels and the patience:

270929-3567.jpg

This is the high-beat 28,800 version from Precious Time, not the cheaper 21,600 version from the Cartel dealers. I fitted the Valjoux date wheels from Cousins with advice from the immeasurable The Zigmeister.

270952-3561.jpg

270952-3562.jpg

No, I can't do this mod for others as it's exceedingly time consuming. However, I will be releasing a step-by-step guide on how to do this mod yourself. All you need is the tools, the wheels and the patience:

270952-3563.jpg

Nice! I love this watch and you did some fine work their son...!

hey pugwash.. thats a nice watch.. im planning to buy this watch next up.. but im still looking for the valjoux day/date wheels.. how easy is it to install the day/date wheel? because if its easy i might just get the day/date wheel and install it myself..

Yes I want to get that strap in black - where is it from?

i like this iwc and i want to know how is the luminous power.

is that better with this update version ???

i'm pretty sure pugwash's version isn't the update version (his has the high beat new asian 7750)....i have the initial EL version as well, and the lume is above average for this one....the lume is only on the 3/6/9/12 markers and the hands, but it glows pretty well after getting charged up.....i can't comment on the 'lasting power' of the lume -- i haven't really checked to see if it lasts very long...

hope this helps,

deltatahoe

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Sorry I've not been replying but I'm just back from holiday. Anyway, the date-wheel change how-to is about to get started as the donor watch has arrived. It'll explain everything anyone wants to know about changing the wheels.

As for strap size, I think it's 21mm. I got my watch from Precious Time and he supplied it with the brown strap. He does it with a black one too, so ask him about the straps. I'm sure he'll sell them separately.

And yes, it's a beauty.

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Sorry I've not been replying but I'm just back from holiday. Anyway, the date-wheel change how-to is about to get started as the donor watch has arrived. It'll explain everything anyone wants to know about changing the wheels.

As for strap size, I think it's 21mm. I got my watch from Precious Time and he supplied it with the brown strap. He does it with a black one too, so ask him about the straps. I'm sure he'll sell them separately.

And yes, it's a beauty.

thanks pugwash.. the guide would be very helpful.. actually i just bought the same watch today :)

hey pugwash.. have u tried water testing with this watch? because iheard that this watch is water resistant upto 50m.. but i havent got my watch yet.. so i was just wondering if i should take it to the shower or not

I cant seem to find the "dealer" section of the forum anymore .. anyone know how to get to precious time webbie?

Cheers,